C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Recommendation from KC members

Old 02-25-2020, 07:23 AM
FCR
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Recommendation from KC members

Asking for a recommendation.

What dealers or shops in the greater Kansas City area really work on Vettes (not just sell them)? I know the dealers have to put certain techs through Vette training, but they are typically not dedicated Vette techs.

Just took my 2012 Z06 to a well established dealer in Johnson County who said he had 3 certified Vette Techs. They did brake, clutch and coolant fluid flush and changes, put in wrong clutch fluid, and spilled all three fluids in engine bay and overfilled brake and clutch reservoirs. Ordered a front alignment but they wouldn't do it because their rack ramps were too high (my suspension is on factory the middle slot an not lowered). What a cluster. Like most dealers, the shop was filled mostly with trucks and small SUVs. Has anyone had great experience with either a dealer or shop in KC that has techs that regularly work on Vettes? I have brand new tires, and need a place that knows how to put a c6 Vette on a rack and align, and do future maintenance work with quality. Help please!!! Thanks

FCR
Old 02-25-2020, 04:52 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,045 Likes on 819 Posts

Drop an email to one or both of these Corvete Clubs, a CC 'officer' usually handles correspondences.
Ask who their members recommend for service etc.
https://corvetteclubkc.com/
www.kccorvetteassociation.com/

CCs are always happy to assist fellow owners.
Greater KC has to have several qualified places specializing w/ Corvettes of all generations.
All recommendations will come w/ references by those who need/use the services. G/L
Old 02-25-2020, 05:03 PM
dkpnkc
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 208 Posts

Midwest Corvettes, Kearney, MO.

Not affiliated with them but have talked to a couple other C6 owners who have used them. One for a harmonic balancer repair & had good things to say. They also have a Facebook page - I'm going to try and hit up their next open house. I think it's March.

Last edited by dkpnkc; 02-25-2020 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-25-2020, 05:36 PM
rangerphil
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Corvette Club of Kansas City Member here. Alex at Hendrick Chevrolet on Shawnee Mission Pkwy is a Corvette expert who works on a lot of our club cars. Have used this dealership for 10+ years for Corvette work and they are outstanding.
Phil Williams
Olathe, KS
The following 2 users liked this post by rangerphil:
Landru (02-25-2020), wideglideleon (02-25-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 05:39 PM
dkpnkc
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by rangerphil
Corvette Club of Kansas City Member here. Alex at Hendrick Chevrolet on Shawnee Mission Pkwy is a Corvette expert who works on a lot of our club cars. Have used this dealership for 10+ years for Corvette work and they are outstanding.
Phil Williams
Olathe, KS
I need to join the CC of KC....
Old 02-25-2020, 08:47 PM
Underachieved
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Subd here. I have trouble finding anyone I feel comfy touching my baby. Live in Iowa so KC is not much of a jump for me. I find myself torn and spending hours researching the whole process on changing the oil the "correct" way.

I know it's **** but if you need to change lets say a HB...Do I need to worry about my steering column being aligned, fins bent on my cooler, re- torque on my bolt on re-install from a GM mucky muck?

Bringing some level of comfort to a consumer can become a nightmare.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:33 PM
Fine05
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

Midwest Corvettes and Classics, Kearney, MO hands down. 1055 W. Couchman Drive, Kearney, MO 64060 (816) 903-2277. Hit I-35 North about 45 miles from Johnson County and you are there. Well worth the drive. Owned by Carl French a renowned Corvette expert. Pull up his site. Impressive. I have personally had my Corvette (and my wife's muscle car) worked on by Midwest Corvettes many times. The service is absolutely outstanding. I live across the country now but will have him work on my car at every opportunity.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:00 PM
Fine05
Racer

FCR, forgive me for double posting. I overlooked your tire issue. Call Santa Fe Garage, 407 West Lexington Avenue Independence, MO (816) 977-1020. They are tire experts. Their staff is outstanding. I took my wife's muscle car there with a tire issue. New Z-rated tires were installed by a dealer and after rebalancing four times I was about to give up. Called Santa Fe and they road force balanced them. In the process, they found one of the tires was out of manufacturers tolerance. They arranged for a replacement tire at no cost to me even though I didn't purchase it from them. Problem solved. They road force balanced two of my cars and our truck. Wish I lived closer to the Kansas City area for maintenance. Midwest Corvettes and Santa Fe Garage are superb.

Last edited by Fine05; 02-25-2020 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:20 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Hendrick Chevy would be the go to dealer.

For performance upgrades Tanner Pap does great work.

As far as alignment, I can't believe any Chevy dealer wouldn't do it. That's crazy. I had my last alignment done at McCarthy Chevy in Lee's Summit and they did a great job.

Last edited by doomi; 02-26-2020 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:43 AM
rangerphil
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

FCR, I would like to invite you to the next Corvette Club of Kansas City meeting on March 18. We will meet at Hendrick Chevrolet(our club sponsor) from 6:30 - 8:00pm. Hendrick will furnish pizza and drinks and they have told us that they plan on having a C8 for us to look at in person.
I will be there with my wife Janice and you are welcome to bring another guest.

Phil Williams
Old 12-25-2020, 05:11 PM
rgeorge33
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I'm in Platte City (just north of KC) and just picked up a 2008 Z06, a Will Cooksey 427. It has about 40k miles and I don't believe the heads have ever been looked at. I think I should probably have them sent out to AHP for reconditioning, but wanted to find the best shop to do the r&r. This thread provides some good info.

I had a 2012 Grand Sport in the past and used Hendrick for basic service and used Sante Fe for an alignment. I've also had fabrication work done on a previous vehicle by Brad Vasko at Vasko Speed and Performance and found him to be a competent, trustworthy guy. Just curious who the other KC members have trusted to do heads, cam, etc..
Old 12-25-2020, 08:36 PM
Fine05
Racer

Call Carl French at Midwest Corvettes and Classics in Kearney (816) 903-2277. It is a straight shot down 92 highway from Platte City. That shop is outstanding.
Old 12-25-2020, 09:15 PM
rgeorge33
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Fine05
Call Carl French at Midwest Corvettes and Classics in Kearney (816) 903-2277. It is a straight shot down 92 highway from Platte City. That shop is outstanding.
Thanks. I assumed they were only a restoration shop. I didn't realize that he did aftermarket heads/cam installs. I will call him.
Old 12-26-2020, 09:14 AM
Fine05
Racer

Carl French is a tremendous resource. He did all of my Corvette service back when I lived in Platte City. Agree, call him and see what he can advise. I've been thinking of shipping my car to him for some TLC once this Covid stuff is over.

Get notified of new replies

To Need Recommendation from KC members

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Recommendation from KC members