C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New badges for the Z06

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 12:39 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,213 Likes on 825 Posts

Beautiful car!
Old 02-28-2020, 08:46 PM
BLAZE3
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
Beautiful car!
Thanks Hawk!
Old 02-29-2020, 09:13 AM
reasonable suspicion
Melting Slicks

Received 324 Likes on 247 Posts

I have his badges too. Great quality, communication, price, and fast shipping.
Old 02-29-2020, 03:42 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,805 Likes on 4,236 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

I bought one from him awhile back with orange bow tie & checkered flag, but unfortunately the orange was not a match for my IOM paint & really stood out. I realized those little pieces pop out of the badge so I may see if he’ll send me some separately so I can paint them to match then put them back in the badge.

Good quality badges tho
Old 03-01-2020, 01:47 AM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by JABCAT
I bought one from him awhile back with orange bow tie & checkered flag, but unfortunately the orange was not a match for my IOM paint & really stood out. I realized those little pieces pop out of the badge so I may see if he’ll send me some separately so I can paint them to match then put them back in the badge.

Good quality badges tho
if you want the color to match perfectly just have those sections hollow, way easier for him to do and you won’t have to worry about paint match

Last edited by 73DBG; 03-01-2020 at 01:48 AM.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:55 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Originally Posted by 73DBG
if you want the color to match perfectly just have those sections hollow, way easier for him to do and you won’t have to worry about paint match
That would work on the bow tie but not on the checkered flag side from what I can tell because the checkered flag side has small individual black pieces in between the colored pieces. When you take out the colored pieces there’s nothing holding in the black pieces.

Old 03-01-2020, 09:33 AM
BLAZE3
Advanced

That would work on the bow tie but not on the checkered flag side from what I can tell because the checkered flag side has small individual black pieces in between the colored pieces. When you take out the colored pieces there’s nothing holding in the black pieces.
There are no pieces on the badges. It’s all one piece. They way they are created may make it look like there are multiple pieces but there’s not. He does make some with hollowed our sections so that idea could work.

Like these for example.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:39 AM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

There are no pieces, it’s all solid. He can cut anything that is solid out though just like the pics above, he’s even done it on several in the exact spot you are talking about on the checkered part of the flag. Since they aren’t even much money I’d just have him make a new set with the cutouts where you want so the paint shows through 👍🏻

Last edited by 73DBG; 03-01-2020 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:42 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Originally Posted by BLAZE3
There are no pieces on the badges. It’s all one piece. They way they are created may make it look like there are multiple pieces but there’s not. He does make some with hollowed our sections so that idea could work.

Like these for example.

depends on which ones you get. This was the black & orange badge I ordered. All the colored pieces & black “checkers” simply pop out.

I’m trying to figure out how to get the two little black pieces to stay where they need to be without the surrounding color pieces - which would give the cut out appearance you’re talking about.

Last edited by JABCAT; 03-01-2020 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:47 AM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

I’m the guy who found 0fx on IG and made a thread on here, glad I did cause he does good work and lots of forum members now have a good place to get custom emblems 🤘🏻🇺🇸 These are mine

The following users liked this post:
JABCAT (03-01-2020)
Old 03-01-2020, 10:01 AM
BLAZE3
Advanced

depends on which ones you get. This was the black & orange badge I ordered. All the colored pieces & black “checkers” simply pop out.

I’m trying to figure out how to get the two little black pieces to stay where they need to be without the surrounding color pieces - which would give the cut out appearance you’re talking about.

Nice! I had no idea they popped out like that. That would look really good if you could figure that out.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:03 AM
BLAZE3
Advanced

I’m the guy who found 0fx on IG and made a thread on here, glad I did cause he does good work and lots of forum members now have a good place to get custom emblems 🤘🏻🇺🇸 These are mine

That red outline around the flags looks really good on a black car! Very nice. It would match a centennial edition perfectly. 👍🏼
Old 03-01-2020, 10:09 AM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BLAZE3
Nice! I had no idea they popped out like that. That would look really good if you could figure that out.
**** didn’t know that either

I came up with the outline after his first render, thought the all black car needed a little touch like that. Now according to Mr. Zerofx it was a massive pain in the *** to do that and he won’t do them ever again.

Last edited by 73DBG; 03-01-2020 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-01-2020, 12:56 PM
EviLS7
Pro

Received 97 Likes on 87 Posts

**** didn’t know that either

I came up with the outline after his first render, thought the all black car needed a little touch like that. Now according to Mr. Zerofx it was a massive pain in the *** to do that and he won’t do them ever again.
I originally thought theses were 3D printed, but after talking to him I assume they are CNC plastic. The colored pieces I also thought were colored resin, but I can see those being a pain in the *** as with 3D printed stuff I do its hard to get things to match up sometimes perfectly.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:05 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by EviLS7
I originally thought theses were 3D printed, but after talking to him I assume they are CNC plastic. The colored pieces I also thought were colored resin, but I can see those being a pain in the *** as with 3D printed stuff I do its hard to get things to match up sometimes perfectly.
This makes sense, I know when he did my ZO6 badge I wanted the new HP number in black so it would show up and he said that’s not possible if the base of the badge is red, I’m guessing the cutout and block pieces placed in the checkers is how he managed to use two different colors.

Ive got some upgrades coming and I’ll probably cross the 4 digit HP range so new badges will be in order, might have him cut the new power number and HP out this time so the black paint shows it 🤔

Quick Reply: New badges for the Z06