C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Length Armrest Latch Available

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 11:57 PM
w4rmk
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Extended Length Armrest Latch Available

I installed a leather armrest cover and padding (from Redline) in my C6 this past weekend. After reinstallation I found that the latch would no longer latch/catch closed because the leather raised the lid up just enough so that the little hook wouldn't catch. I designed an extended length latch that is also beefed up in strength. I then printed it on my 3D printer and it works great now. If anyone has a similar issue and would like to order one from me I am happy to print you one. The cost would be $25, including shipping to USA. I am not a dealer/parts person/etc. This is just me solving a problem in my car and offering to help other C6 owners who might have the same issue. See below the CAD images of the new arm rest latch. The hook is now extended down enough to latch closed and the entire piece is much beefier so it won't break so easily. Send me a message if you'd like me to print you one for your car. Will be printed in black PLA plastic.

Last edited by w4rmk; 04-08-2020 at 12:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Extended Length Armrest Latch Available