C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Somewhat Disappointing

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2020, 12:04 PM
EviLS7
Pro

Received 97 Likes on 87 Posts

Time for H/C/I and full exhaust.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:44 PM
31coupe
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by FatsWaller
I got a Mild2Wild switch at Xmas and the weather was nice enough today to finally install it and test it on the road. I was really looking forward to how it would sound with the butterflies open at any RPM, because it sounds fairly mean is it is. Of course, the Mighty Carnac would have figured it out right away, because when I pulled down the carpet to get at the fuse panel, and then went to pull the NPP fuse, the fuse wasn’t there. So, I’ve been driving around for 2 ½ years with the exhaust open, figuring that’s what a Corvette should sound like. My fault, I guess, and I'm still laughing at myself. Of course, when I bought the car, I wasn’t aware that you could pull the fuse, or install a switch, all of that new knowledge courtesy of this forum. I did know that it had NPP.

Jeez, with the butterflies closed, it’s about is loud as my Caddy was. Of course, even with hearing aids, my hearing is pretty shot, having been around way too much exploding ordnance back before ear defenders were widely used. Even so, compared to the 'open' sound, it’s very quiet on city streets and the highway. Who knew? The open exhaust note on the highway is the major reason my wife won’t take road trips with me.

Maybe I won’t tell her.
My first Corvette was a C5, I bought it with 24000 on it and after driving it home And such a ruff ride, I thought I may need new shocks. Then discussing with the forum members one suggested I check to see if the shocks still had the transport magnetic spacers still installed. Sure enough all 4 were still installed, I felt bad that the previous owner drove it for 5 years that way.. so don’t feel bad about the fuse, the forum here has been a great help for a bunch of us. And I think you have been helpful to a lot of us as well.

Quick Reply: Somewhat Disappointing