C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jim Mero Mag ride upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 07:41 PM
LS1AB
Racer

Received 271 Likes on 132 Posts

Default Jim Mero Mag ride upgrade

If anyone is thinking about doing this upgrade, I would highly recommend it!!! I went with the New tour/ Super sport settings. The new tour mode is so nice for all around driving. The vehicle doesn’t skip over bumps anymore, it just rolls over them. It feels so much more attached to the road and still handles superbly! The Super sport mode puts it right back to a true sport track feeling car. Jim is a great guy to deal with and very informative. The installation video on his site walks you through everything step by step. Don’t hesitate any longer if you’re thinking about it, you won’t regret it!
The following users liked this post:
j3studio (10-03-2020)
Old 05-15-2020, 07:04 AM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,709 Likes on 2,997 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I've heard good things about Jim's upgrades for sure
Old 05-15-2020, 08:23 AM
Jim Mero
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,254 Likes on 233 Posts

Hi Dennis, make you very much for the review it means a lot.

Hi everyone, I am so confident that these upgrades will make you feel like you got a new car, that all the upgrades come with a 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If you are not satisfied with the new calibration, I will return your original module. If you had 3rd party install it, I would gladly pay for the re-installation of original module. You have nothing to lose.

We have now upgraded hundreds of cars, and the 100% guarantee has always been in place, however we have not had one person who needed to use it.

Thank you very much for your time, and thanks again, Dennis.

Jim
LS1AB (05-15-2020)
Old 05-15-2020, 10:32 AM
ethompson6
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Jim, Are there any installers in the Virginia area? Or any plans to be in myrtle beach?
Old 05-15-2020, 11:22 AM
dr_gallup
Melting Slicks

Received 897 Likes on 584 Posts

Another satisfied customer here. I was ripping through the NC mountains last weekend on one of my favorite roads that has just been partially repaved. Sport mode railed on the fresh pavement, saw over 1.1G on the HUD a couple of times (forgot to check the retained peak). I dropped back to tour for the old broken up pavement, totally planted.
j3studio (10-03-2020)
Old 05-16-2020, 07:57 AM
Jim Mero
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by ethompson6
Jim, Are there any installers in the Virginia area? Or any plans to be in myrtle beach?
Hello ethompson6,

Terri and I are currently in Myrtle Beach and will remain here until at least the end of May. Then we will assess the situation in Michigan and decide on when we will return. When we drive back, we do go up I-77 through Virginia, we can make arrangements to meet you in route, if you would like the upgrade sooner, you are always welcome to come here.

If you have not already done so, it would be great if you could go to my website www.jimmero.com and fill out your information on the contact page so we can correspond that way.

Thank you, Jim
Old 05-16-2020, 10:59 AM
h8snow
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1AB
If anyone is thinking about doing this upgrade, I would highly recommend it!!! I went with the New tour/ Super sport settings. The new tour mode is so nice for all around driving. The vehicle doesn’t skip over bumps anymore, it just rolls over them. It feels so much more attached to the road and still handles superbly! The Super sport mode puts it right back to a true sport track feeling car. Jim is a great guy to deal with and very informative. The installation video on his site walks you through everything step by step. Don’t hesitate any longer if you’re thinking about it, you won’t regret it!
Best thing you can do for a C6 is Jims reprogram. Incredible the improvement in the car for hwy driving.
The following 3 users liked this post by h8snow:
j3studio (10-03-2020), jdurhan (10-10-2020), LS1AB (05-16-2020)
Old 05-16-2020, 08:30 PM
Maineah
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim,
Do you have anyone doing your install in Northern New England?
Old 05-17-2020, 05:57 AM
csf
Melting Slicks

Received 207 Likes on 128 Posts

Yup, had my 2013 GS magnetic ride upgraded by Jim personally last August at "Corvettes at Carlisle". He, and his wife Terri, are so nice . . . it was an honor to meet them. The changes were noticeable immediately and are a significant improvement. Exactly as previously posted here. Combined with my new Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ all season tires my GS is almost like a completely different riding and handling car. I can't imagine my C6 driving any better. I have kept my GS completely stock except for Jim's upgrade. Highly recommend it.

Craig
The following 3 users liked this post by csf:
h8snow (05-21-2020), j3studio (10-03-2020), Jim Mero (10-04-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 05:16 PM
Jim Mero
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Maineah
Jim,
Do you have anyone doing your install in Northern New England?
Hello Maineah,

We have been focusing on the southern states for the last few months signing up installers. When we have secured those installers, we will be looking in the northern states. If you have fairly good mechanical skills the installation is quite easy. I have a YouTube video going through the entire installation, link is:

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me through my website on the contact page, or at jim@jimmero.com

For the record, I would love to visit Maine again, some of the best lobster I ever had.

Thank you, Jim
Old 05-21-2020, 08:52 PM
mully300
8th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C6 mag ride control update and support from Jim Mero is great

I have a 2013 GS with ECS supercharger. I purchased this upgrade (Tour and Sport) from Jim during this Covid19 social distancing. I installed myself with the help of his instructions and You Tube videos. Prior to purchasing, Jim was responsive to my questions. I decided not to get super sport upgrade since I don’t plan to track it. The module arrived a couple of days after I ordered and I received my core deposit back as soon as he received my core module back. I didn’t have to follow up which was great.

I immediately noticed a difference in ride on my short test drive post install. I had it in Tour mode and the ride was noticeably smoother on the terrible PA roads. Since then I have driven my GS on many short drives (20-30 minutes). The ride is incredible. I have challenged curves in sport mode and the GS handles amazing - hugs the road even on uneven surfaces.

This past weekend I took a road trip of about 160 miles round trip via highway and back rural roads. Tour mode was so smooth on highway it almost doesn’t feel like a sports car. Almost....accelerating is a fun reminder that it is American muscle at it’s finest. Put it in Sport mode for the back roads and had fun with the winding roads. I didn’t feel any body roll; it just clings to the road.

I have about 500 miles driven since upgrade and feel that was enough of a trial to highly recommend this upgrade!
The following 3 users liked this post by mully300:
j3studio (10-03-2020), Jim Mero (10-04-2020), LS1AB (05-21-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 10:58 PM
h8snow
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mully300
I have a 2013 GS with ECS supercharger. I purchased this upgrade (Tour and Sport) from Jim during this Covid19 social distancing. I installed myself with the help of his instructions and You Tube videos. Prior to purchasing, Jim was responsive to my questions. I decided not to get super sport upgrade since I don’t plan to track it. The module arrived a couple of days after I ordered and I received my core deposit back as soon as he received my core module back. I didn’t have to follow up which was great.

I immediately noticed a difference in ride on my short test drive post install. I had it in Tour mode and the ride was noticeably smoother on the terrible PA roads. Since then I have driven my GS on many short drives (20-30 minutes). The ride is incredible. I have challenged curves in sport mode and the GS handles amazing - hugs the road even on uneven surfaces.

This past weekend I took a road trip of about 160 miles round trip via highway and back rural roads. Tour mode was so smooth on highway it almost doesn’t feel like a sports car. Almost....accelerating is a fun reminder that it is American muscle at it’s finest. Put it in Sport mode for the back roads and had fun with the winding roads. I didn’t feel any body roll; it just clings to the road.

I have about 500 miles driven since upgrade and feel that was enough of a trial to highly recommend this upgrade!
Made a massive improvement in my 12 GS. Bet General Motors would have sold more Corvettes in these years if this was the program that was standard with F55.
The following 2 users liked this post by h8snow:
j3studio (10-03-2020), Jim Mero (10-04-2020)
Old 10-03-2020, 08:10 PM
j3studio
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Putting in another good word for this upgrade—we're very pleased with the results for our 2012 narrowbody coupe.

Last edited by j3studio; 10-03-2020 at 08:16 PM.
Jim Mero (10-04-2020)
Old 10-03-2020, 08:40 PM
jdurhan
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 87 Likes on 37 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Looking forward to getting my upgrade this Saturday 10/10/20. After reading all the great reviews I'm very excited to finally get it.
Jim Mero (10-04-2020)
Old 10-03-2020, 09:03 PM
hdrider1
Burning Brakes

Received 505 Likes on 256 Posts

I had the upgrade installed by Jim in my 2013 427 Convertible, and quite frankly neither my wife nor I could notice any difference in the ride quality after the install. To his credit, Jim offered to pay for someone to reverse the upgrade, but not trusting dealers or outside mechanics to work on the car we decided to leave it installed. It didn't hurt the ride, just no noticeable improvement in my (and my wife's) opinion.
Raffman55 (10-04-2020)
Old 10-03-2020, 11:18 PM
h8snow
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hdrider1
I had the upgrade installed by Jim in my 2013 427 Convertible, and quite frankly neither my wife nor I could notice any difference in the ride quality after the install. To his credit, Jim offered to pay for someone to reverse the upgrade, but not trusting dealers or outside mechanics to work on the car we decided to leave it installed. It didn't hurt the ride, just no noticeable improvement in my (and my wife's) opinion.
Maybe you live where the roads are very smooth. I can tell you it made a big improvement to ride on our rough roads up here way less harsh. I noticed the change in the first block.
The following 2 users liked this post by h8snow:
Jim Mero (10-04-2020), LS1AB (10-04-2020)
Old 10-05-2020, 08:35 AM
jmaci
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

I kind of felt the same way after I installed my upgrade. But after I took for a real drive did I notice the big improvement in ride quality. Now I feel it is so much better I want to do it again...

Get notified of new replies

To Jim Mero Mag ride upgrade

Old 10-05-2020, 09:13 PM
Blindfingers
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

There have been some folks on here say they can't tell any difference between Tour and Sport modes. I can feel the car "stiffen" in Sport mode.
I'll be having this done this weekend by Jim. Looking forward to it and then going out for a couple hour ride just to make sure!
Old 10-06-2020, 10:16 AM
csf
Melting Slicks

Received 207 Likes on 128 Posts

I wonder if your suspension is not working correctly. In my 2013 Grand Sport my original "tour" is now stiffer and my original "sport" is now softer . . . easy to tell on imperfect roads.
Before I got the upgrade I generally left it in "tour" almost all the time because "sport" was just too harsh . . . . even though the "tour" was sort of too bouncy.
Now I am leaving it in "sport" almost all the time, because the car still seems to handle and corner well, but the ride is softer and more compliant too.
The tour also seems great on the highway, but I don't do much of that driving in the C6.
So that's a pretty big change for me and was well worth the money.
Good luck.

Last edited by csf; 10-06-2020 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:59 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,709 Likes on 2,997 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I'm getting my upgrade on Saturday, I'll check in with my report
Jim Mero (10-08-2020)

Quick Reply: Jim Mero Mag ride upgrade