C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tac box required in 2012 corvette

Old 05-27-2020, 11:07 AM
Jayson K. Screen
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tac box required in 2012 corvette

Do 2012 corvettes require a tac box or is it built into the ecu?
Old 05-28-2020, 08:58 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,001 Likes on 2,166 Posts

ECM has a 5v signal wire out , but may need to add in a pull up resistor if your device needs higher voltage.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...gnal-wire.html
Old 10-10-2021, 02:59 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,001 Likes on 2,166 Posts

From just the photo, can see two cold joints to begin with.

Resistor just above the 04684 chip has a cold solder joint on the left hand side and same with the diode 4 up left hand side as well.

As for header, does not look burnt, but would check the back side of solder joints to it to the board, since if you have colder joints on diodes and resistors, then header pin with more metal that would take longer to heat up to flow the solder correctly during the bath process, is going to be even worse.

So really, you could just beak out the meter to start running traces to find the colder joint problems of where you are losing continuitiy, or just break out the soldering iron to re-flow solder joints in about the same amount of time.
Old 10-10-2021, 03:16 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

My eyesight is not the best, but how can one identify a cold solder joint. A close up pic would be nice to compare a good from a bad.solder joint

Thanks
Old 10-10-2021, 06:45 PM
good goes round
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dano523
From just the photo, can see two cold joints to begin with.

Resistor just above the 04684 chip has a cold solder joint on the left hand side and same with the diode 4 up left hand side as well.

As for header, does not look burnt, but would check the back side of solder joints to it to the board, since if you have colder joints on diodes and resistors, then header pin with more metal that would take longer to heat up to flow the solder correctly during the bath process, is going to be even worse.

So really, you could just beak out the meter to start running traces to find the colder joint problems of where you are losing continuitiy, or just break out the soldering iron to re-flow solder joints in about the same amount of time.
Ok. Will look on other side and post a picture. Also, I do have a multimeter and will check continuity. Thank you. Will be posting in “Where is the location of G101 in a 1984 Corvette”. Did not mean to post on this forum.

Originally Posted by 4SUMERZ
My eyesight is not the best, but how can one identify a cold solder joint. A close up pic would be nice to compare a good from a bad.solder joint

Thanks
I looked up cold solder joints on Google because I didn’t know how to identify one myself either. I will post in “Where is the location of G101 in a 1984 Corvette”. That’s where I meant to post.
Old 10-10-2021, 07:00 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by good goes round
Ok. Will look on other side and post a picture. Also, I do have a multimeter and will check continuity. Thank you. Will be posting in “Where is the location of G101 in a 1984 Corvette”. Did not mean to post on this forum.

I looked up cold solder joints on Google because I didn’t know how to identify one myself either. I will post in “Where is the location of G101 in a 1984 Corvette”. That’s where I meant to post.
Thanks. I found a good source with pics on thwe web. Now I know what to look for. I have a circuit board in my golf cart that I believe is the reason for it to intermintently not power up. Everything else has been checked as far as the connector, pins etc.

Get notified of new replies

To Tac box required in 2012 corvette

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tac box required in 2012 corvette