C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Faith in People

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 07:42 PM
cadyshac
Drifting

Received 596 Likes on 393 Posts
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by C5forGreg
I'm still stuck on the part about arranging transport for a car that only took 2 hours to get to your home. We've got guys here that flew across the country to buy their C6 and drove it home...
I flew from Cincy to N Carolina, met the owner the next morning, car was as described. We went to the court house, exchanged the money did the paperwork and I drove 380 miles back to Ky in time to bowl in my league that night. Still can't believe I own such an incredible car............. Previous owner also had a C3, said he was selling the 427 because his left knee and the clutch didn't get along.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:33 PM
astepup
Melting Slicks

Received 1,797 Likes on 666 Posts

Valencia.....that's a beauty of a car.
The following users liked this post:
ValenciaOrange (06-03-2020)
Old 06-03-2020, 05:36 PM
ValenciaOrange
Pro

Received 192 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by astepup
Valencia.....that's a beauty of a car.
Thank You. I can’t believe, I was finally able to get my Dream car. It is Beautiful. Everyone who sees it can’t believe how nice it is.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:49 PM
alj357
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Congratulations on getting your dream car! In times like this, it's good to hear stories end on a good note and that there are good honest people in the world.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:09 AM
ALEXAMES
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 41 Posts

Awesome, congrats! Years ago, I flew to North Dakota and drove my C6 at the time back to Texas. It was a 24 hour drive. I also bought a ZO6 in North Carolina and drove it back to Texas. 2 Hour transport, that's lunacy!! LOL Enjoy the car!!
Old 10-19-2021, 06:44 AM
Rempt
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Mode of purchase

Hey guys! New to the forums. Although I could of started a new thread, it just seemed like the perfect place to ask this question.

After corresponding with someone regarding the sale of their car, when it’s time to go to look at it, test drive it etc….it’s one thing if your paying cash, or even bank check etc, but how do you go about the process if your securing a loan from a bank or credit union?

see, although I have the cash I prefer to use my credit to my advantage and let someone else front the money.

Also, do you use third party car inspection services to check out the car before you take the long trip to go test drive it/purchase it?

Im probably speaking mostly about the purchases that are far distances away etc.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys think!
thanks for your help guys!

Old 10-19-2021, 11:14 AM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Congratulations!
Old 10-19-2021, 01:21 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Great story. Glad it worked out for you. If it was me ....for some reason ....it wouldnt be so nice. I usually have an incident walking to the mailbox.....lol

Clif
Old 10-20-2021, 02:53 PM
Danspeed1
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations on the new car. Hopefully you will remember how well you were treated when it comes time to sell the car, and treat the next buyer equally as well. I recently bought a C4. The car wasn't exactly as described but we were able to come to a mutual understanding on price and both parties walked away happy. That's the best you can ask for.

DG

Last edited by Danspeed1; 10-20-2021 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-20-2021, 04:02 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by Rempt
Hey guys! New to the forums. Although I could of started a new thread, it just seemed like the perfect place to ask this question.

After corresponding with someone regarding the sale of their car, when it’s time to go to look at it, test drive it etc….it’s one thing if your paying cash, or even bank check etc, but how do you go about the process if your securing a loan from a bank or credit union?

see, although I have the cash I prefer to use my credit to my advantage and let someone else front the money.

Also, do you use third party car inspection services to check out the car before you take the long trip to go test drive it/purchase it?

Im probably speaking mostly about the purchases that are far distances away etc.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys think!
thanks for your help guys!
The best way is to go to your bank beforehand, and let them know what you want to do.
When you are ready to buy, after you ok the transaction, meet the seller at his bank, and you can contact your bank to wire the money to his bank. That way, if he has a loan in the car, that will assure that it will be paid off from your money, and your bank will require that for you to get the title in your name, You will need to get some temporary plates at the DMV, and get the car regustration in your name as well. Don't forget to call your insurance to get coverage for the drive home.
Good Luck

Quick Reply: Faith in People