C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What rocker Arms to use in my 08 supercharged corvette with btr supercharger cam

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 12:11 AM
Can-am
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What rocker Arms to use in my 08 supercharged corvette with btr supercharger cam

Just had rocker bearing go out. Had stock rockers which i just found out. I didnt build car. Now im looking for a good rocker.
Found comp cam ultra pro magnums. i think its what i need for my cam it has a .650 lift and im 716whp.
in couple weeks im going to the 3.4 pulley on my a&a kit. So i should be 750ish hp.
i dont know that much about cars but did research.
i was wanting to see what yall think.

plus should i put new push rods too. And what length same as stock?

i just put new plug in car. Was told to put same kind of spark plugs back in car. Theyre the ngk R
didnt see much of anything about them for boost. Whats a good plug too. Thank yall.
Old 07-05-2020, 07:16 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

How high is the motors red line limit to start with, and how much/now many times have you been bouncing off it on the way up?
Old 07-05-2020, 07:31 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

A little more info would help you get better advice.
What heads are you running? LS7s? If not, .650” lift on a stock 1.7 rocker is what killed the rocker in the first place.
Since you’re changing the rockers, you will probably need to change the pushrods, and if you use a non-adjustable rocker, the length of the pushrod will be determined by the preload the lifter needs with those rockers, so you would need to know whether it has stock lifters or not. Once you know what preload it needs, you will have to measure lifter preload using a pushrod length checker and you also need to check rocker arm geometry. If you don’t know how to do these things yourself, you need to get a reputable engine builder to do the work for you.
The plug you need will be determined primarily by the cylinder pressure your engine experiences and that can only be properly determined by reading the plugs. But, for someone in that power range, I would use something like a NGK 7IX iridium plug or Denso equivalent. “NGK R” tells you nothing, btw.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:40 AM
Can-am
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2008 corvette ls3 supercharged
11psi 716whp

stock heads
Stock rockers
Stock lifters

Platinum Springs
Titanium Retainers
Btr supercharger cam

Last edited by Can-am; 07-05-2020 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-05-2020, 11:11 AM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

I just put the btr centri blower cam in mine and used the 7.4 pushrods.
Old 07-05-2020, 11:19 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Can-am
I have a 2008 corvette ls3 supercharged
11psi 716whp

stock heads
Stock rockers
Stock lifters

Platinum Springs
Titanium Retainers
Btr supercharger cam
Okay. If it’s the BTR supercharger cam, then I doubt it’s .650” lift, since Tooley tends to design their cams with “softer” profiles than some others, and even the bigger SC grinds are under .630” lift, which is right around the limit of the stock rockers.
If I were you, I would get either a set of the BTR rockers with the BTR (not Comp) trunnion upgrade or get a set of the CHE trunnions and use the sticky rockers.
If you change the rocker arms to full roller, BTR recommends upgrade to their stiffer .650 HD springs, so stick with the stock rocker.
A 7.4” pushrod will work 99% of the time with stock rockers and lifters, unless the cam grind has a significantly lower base circle, which I doubt is the case with your BTR grind.

Get notified of new replies

To What rocker Arms to use in my 08 supercharged corvette with btr supercharger cam

Quick Reply: What rocker Arms to use in my 08 supercharged corvette with btr supercharger cam