C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats everyone use on their paint? Here's mine

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 09:44 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 818 Likes on 387 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

These post come up regularly and I am one that believes in care care, but to be honest, every picture looks the same. Pictures don't always show you the real finish. I have seen cars that at 5 feet look great and some even closer, but once you stop and really look at the actual finish from different angles, you will then see the swirls and small scratches if the owner has not don't a complete paint correction. I have used nothing but Adams on my Corvette's for the past15 or so years. It really comes down to what you are happy with as far as ease of use and durability.
As for the ceramic, I see no difference in the over all shine. The nice thing about ceramic is how the water will run off the surface and it stay cleaner longer as the normal dirt and dust does not stick to the surface. It is also a great protection from bird droppings. The big difference is first the prep. I ceramic should always be applied only after a complete paint correction and that is because if there are any swirls or scratched, and the ceramic is applied it is extremely difficult to strip the ceramic off to correct those areas. Below are two pictures of my '07 Monterey Red Metallic first with wax and the second with ceramic.

Adams Patriot Paste Wax

Adams Ceramic Coating

The following 2 users liked this post by BWF07:
Jamie Lennartson (08-17-2020), Kr65 (09-26-2020)
Old 08-16-2020, 07:07 PM
HiVolts
Burning Brakes

Received 78 Likes on 36 Posts

Not much use on paint. Car doesn’t see rain. Normally just use Meguiars Quik detailer with a brand new microfiber about every 3 weeks. If I hit a few bugs on the front. I clean them off after every drive. I do wash tires and rims about every 90 days, with no greasy tire spray included. Tire spray is pretty much a dust magnet anyway. For wax, I use Meguiars NXT. Z always looks outstanding.

Black cars are a different animal.. So glad I didn’t do black on this one. They look amazing when clean but I do have a disorder. Silver helps that disorder.

The following 3 users liked this post by HiVolts:
allgonoshow2 (08-21-2020), Fast Dawg (08-21-2020), Jamie Lennartson (08-17-2020)
Old 08-17-2020, 12:31 PM
Jamie Lennartson
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by BWF07
These post come up regularly and I am one that believes in care care, but to be honest, every picture looks the same. Pictures don't always show you the real finish. I have seen cars that at 5 feet look great and some even closer, but once you stop and really look at the actual finish from different angles, you will then see the swirls and small scratches if the owner has not don't a complete paint correction. I have used nothing but Adams on my Corvette's for the past15 or so years. It really comes down to what you are happy with as far as ease of use and durability.
As for the ceramic, I see no difference in the over all shine. The nice thing about ceramic is how the water will run off the surface and it stay cleaner longer as the normal dirt and dust does not stick to the surface. It is also a great protection from bird droppings. The big difference is first the prep. I ceramic should always be applied only after a complete paint correction and that is because if there are any swirls or scratched, and the ceramic is applied it is extremely difficult to strip the ceramic off to correct those areas. Below are two pictures of my '07 Monterey Red Metallic first with wax and the second with ceramic.

Adams Patriot Paste Wax

Adams Ceramic Coating
I did a complete correction, got out what would come out,, some are just to deep..
and dark cars show everything.
I had car under very bright led light and that light takes no prisoners, shows everything, but in the sun you cannot see it.
my photos are 108 megapixel but some I have to compress because to large for corvette forum.

Old 08-17-2020, 01:20 PM
Function Racer
Racer

Received 200 Likes on 107 Posts

The secret isn't the products you use, it's the time you spend. Products can help, but from brand to brand it's mostly preference.

After decontamination (Clay bar, Iron X, IP Bath)

Goes:
Cutting
Correction
Polish
Sealant
Ceramic Coat (If wanted)
Wax
Gloss Coat

The following 3 users liked this post by Function Racer:
Fast Dawg (08-21-2020), Jamie Lennartson (08-17-2020), Kr65 (10-25-2021)
Old 08-21-2020, 01:37 PM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,590 Posts

I get my cars ceramic coated by GlassLIfe Atlanta. This is my 09 after going through two downpours while on the road. You could see some dirt on the back of the car around the taillights, but everything else rolled right off. Brake dust doesn't even stick to the wheels. The only thing I hate is the tire shine sticks - you can see it on the fender behind the front tire. A quick walk around with an old T-shirt takes care of that.

I had a 15 Torch Red C7 coated there and when I was driving it and the sun hit the driver's side fender just right it would blind me. I had to drive with my right hand while holding up my left hand to block the glare. Ceramic coating has reduced the time I spend on the exterior of the car a ton.
Old 08-23-2020, 04:05 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

I just love Angel Wax products.... Perfect Polish then some Angel Wax Enigma...

Quick Reply: Whats everyone use on their paint? Here's mine