C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction Control/Driving Modes Button Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 03:09 PM
ChrisCamp
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction Control/Driving Modes Button Not Working

I had my 2009 in the shop earlier this year, had the rear main seal replaced, torque tube rebuild and the clutch replaced, since they had it out already. I didn't notice at first, but the little button you push on the center console to switch driving modes, well it doesn't do anything, nothing changes and nothing shows up on the dash to show it toggling between the different modes.is it possible they didn't plug something back in when working on it?

You all are always a big help, so thank you in advance!
Old 11-23-2020, 03:47 PM
MysteryMob
Pro

Received 180 Likes on 128 Posts

Yup, sounds like those were either not plugged in or the wiring was damaged. If you feel up to it, pull the center console. It's not that difficult or time-consuming.
The following users liked this post:
ChrisCamp (11-24-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 06:57 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

I recently replaced my traction control button. It sounds like your guys might have forgotten to plug it in, or broke the connection. It can be a bear to unplug. Remove the center console, and pull it to the rear. Place the shift lever in D (e-brake on). The instrument surround panel has snap -in holders that you can gently pull the surround away from, and pull the panel up a couple inches at the rear. With a good flashlight, you can see the link to the TC button, and will see if it is not connected. If not connected, look at it carefully to determine the correct orientation, and plug it in. If it IS connected, and is not working, unplug the black, almost square lower link, which will separate the connection the the button. A new button can be bought on amazon for around $25. Just remove the old button, insert the new one, plug the black link into the socket, and carefully re-assemble the surround into the plastic holders. Put the shifter in P when that is complete, and re-attach the center console.

DO NOT PULL UP ON THE SHIFTER BOOT, as that will pull it away from it's anchor, and require more work.

Make certain you order the correct-year button for your car. Yours, I believe, does not have the word "off" on it. There are two different buttons, and the wrong-year will fit, button will not plug in to the link.

If I have forgotten anything, I am sure someone will let you know.
The following users liked this post:
ChrisCamp (11-24-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To Traction Control/Driving Modes Button Not Working

Quick Reply: Traction Control/Driving Modes Button Not Working