C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Mode Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 06:37 PM
ScottStoef
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dual Mode Exhaust Question

I am getting ready to perform my first set of mods on my 2011 Grand Sport. I am going to be putting on LT headers and a CAI. It all seems harmless enough, but I am concerned it will be too loud. I still want to take a leisurely ride with my wife and still be able to have a normal conversation without shouting.

The obvious answer is don't put on headers or switch out the Corsa to a less loud option. I know this sounds stupid, but what drew me to the car was the exhaust tips looking more like a C7s. I personally think think the stock C6 exhaust looks out of place with large gap between the tips. Told you it was dumb!

Another option someone suggested was putting on an dual mode exhaust. That seems like a good compromise but with my distaste for the stock exhaust, that option is off the table. Does anyone know of a manufacturer out there who makes an aftermarket dual mode exhaust that has exhaust tips that look similar to my Corsa?

Old 02-24-2021, 06:42 PM
SixAddict
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,119 Likes on 764 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Billy Boat makes a “npp” setup I believe.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:43 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,793 Likes on 4,231 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Not an answer to your question, but my previous '12 GS had longtubes, catted-xpipe & Corsa Xtreme, and was not loud inside at all. My current supercharged Z06 also has Corsa Xtreme exhaust, and while noticably louder than the '12 with headers, it's still quiet enough inside to have a conversation, talk over bluetooth, etc.
Old 02-25-2021, 12:09 PM
d.medic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I love the NPP exhaust with headers. It's the best of both worlds. My old Vette was supercharged, had a cam, and headers. loved the sound but it got to be too much on long trips.

Get notified of new replies

To Dual Mode Exhaust Question

Quick Reply: Dual Mode Exhaust Question