C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Traded Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2023, 08:32 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

Follow-up to post #22. I bought the Ram when prices were low on new trucks. I bought it for around $8K under sticker. Low $50's if memory serves. Fast forward to the day after Valentine's day, 2022. I went to sleep on the way to the farm and totaled the truck. Woke up with the air bags in my face, a concussion, and broken tail bone. Tail bone still hurts. Could have been WAY worse. Got lucky.

I wanted another Ram. Really like the one I totaled. The adjuster didn't argue about it being totaled. I had just put a brand new rear bumper on the truck a few weeks before the wreck. All the damage was on the front end. Bumper was as new. I asked the adjuster if I could swap out the aftermarket bumper for the stocker as it was perfect also. He said no go. I was pissed. Just before lighting into him, he said he was going to write me a check for $56K for my wrecked Ram. WHAT????? Apparently, slightly used trucks were through the roof, value wise, in early 2022. I calmed down.

I wanted another diesel Ram half ton 4x4, but none to be had. I found a 2022 Chevy diesel half ton 4x4 equipped similar to the Ram I had. Basically, loaded other than leather and moon roof. I had to come out of pocket only $1300 to go from a 2021 Ram with 30K miles to brand new Chevy. That worked out pretty good.

The Ram had a better ride and nicer interior. The Chevy pulls better and gets better fuel eco. That little diesel in front of a 10speed tranny is a nice drive train. Liked it so much that I bought the little lady a Tahoe with the same set up. It's only a thousand dollar upgrade vs the gas alternative. Nothing like the $10K you have to pay for the diesel option on a 3/4 ton or 1 ton pickup.

Quick Reply: I Traded Trucks