C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto not going into gear.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 07:31 PM
Titan22
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Auto not going into gear.

My wife’s 08 Z51 auto had the plastic clip fall apart on the transmission cables a couple years back so I replaced with aftermarket ones. Just somewhat recently on occasion the car won’t shift. The most recent after a short run stopped at a gas station and it wouldn’t come out of park, I did a little rocking of the car and shifted as it should. I’ve noticed on other auto cars they have an over ride on the console if the break pedal doesn’t activate to allow the trans to shift but I didn’t see one here. Any thoughts on what to check or watch for? I don’t think the cable has any adjustment?
thx
Old 04-15-2021, 07:59 PM
gdmoore01
Burning Brakes

Received 547 Likes on 379 Posts

You may find your answer contained within this comprehensive thread. Be sure to select the referenced threads within, to gain as much information as you can on the subject.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...use-found.html

Good luck.

GD
The following users liked this post:
Titan22 (04-15-2021)
Old 04-15-2021, 08:42 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

It's caused by a weakened microswitch that will not send the signal to the solenoid to release the shifter locking pawl. It's really a shame that GM decided not to put an override like other GM vehicles have.
Regardless, most on here with autos have just tied back the locking pawl, or ran a wire loop back to the console under the armrest to pull to release the locking pawl if needed.
I'm sure that this is in the link provided, but if not, PM me your e-mail address and I can send you the info in PDF format.
Old 04-16-2021, 05:09 PM
klangstone
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1603302182

Get notified of new replies

To Auto not going into gear.

Quick Reply: Auto not going into gear.