C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior heat

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 11:38 AM
drewz06
thing knower
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 926 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Charliemopic
If I ever have to remove the t tube I would do what you have here.
If you are saying leave the tunnel plate off I would have to look into that before leaving it off. Seems to make sense tho.
no way... tunnel plate is structural... plus it blocks heat too
Old 04-20-2021, 01:36 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by FLC6GS
Also in S. Flo Rida, but I went the opposite route and installed Sound/Heat from the inside using Killmat and Cool-It Thermotec. Per the post, used the Cool-It on the Tranz Tunnel and the Killmat everywhere else. HUGE improvement on heat reduction on the tunnel and nothing else I want to do for that issue, literally feel no warmth from it now. The Killmat did help on the sound deadening imo, but not hugely noticeable like with the tunnel heat reduction.

The only thing I would do differently is use the Cool-It in the hatch/tub area instead of the Killmat to reduce the heat from that area. Any questions, happy to provide feedback.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...pic-heavy.html

This makes me wonder if any passenger vehicles out there across all brands come from the factory with this kind of insulation against heat and noise. Luxury cars or sports/high performance cars for passenger vehicle on public roads.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:29 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,597 Likes on 1,074 Posts

This is not scientific at all, but today was in the mid 70s and I was able to carry two Italian Ices in the cupholder and they made the trip home without melting.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:17 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,497 Likes on 2,824 Posts

Originally Posted by LS WON
This makes me wonder if any passenger vehicles out there across all brands come from the factory with this kind of insulation against heat and noise. Luxury cars or sports/high performance cars for passenger vehicle on public roads.
No, because it's not the most effective way to do it. They would use carpet jute and thicket metal to be much more efficient.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:48 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
No, because it's not the most effective way to do it. They would use carpet jute and thicket metal to be much more efficient.

It is said that Buick uses thicker glass to keep out the road noise.

Quick Reply: Interior heat