C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog Lamps please help..

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 05:53 PM
Bigtony14
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Lamps please help..

I just bought a C6 2009. I have read the manual and I cannot figure out how to shut off the fog lamps. I know it's on the stalk closest to the driver's door but don't know how to shut them off. Can somebody please help me I've been banging my head trying to figure this out cannot be this difficult I know. Picture would be great to show me what I'm doing wrong. Also are you able to shut off the daytime lamps ? Thank you in advance appreciate the help.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:10 PM
Topduarte
Safety Car

Received 825 Likes on 543 Posts

Where my thumb is rotate it up to turn it on and off.

The following users liked this post:
Bigtony14 (07-29-2021)
Old 07-29-2021, 06:27 PM
madsonp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,757 Likes on 1,169 Posts

They're not supposed to come on automatically every time you start the car, you have to turn them on as noted above, and you'd have to repeat this every time you shut the car off and restart it to turn them on again. If they do come on automatically when you start the car, then I suspect the previous owner might have modified them somehow to do this.
killain (07-29-2021)
Old 07-29-2021, 07:10 PM
Bigtony14
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog lamps please help

I knew I wasn't going crazy that is where I thought. But they are not turning off. they come on as soon as I start the car.. thank you very much for the help now I got to figure out what I need to do to get these things to shut off why would he want them to be on all the time is beyond me.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:53 PM
madsonp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,757 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigtony14
I knew I wasn't going crazy that is where I thought. But they are not turning off. they come on as soon as I start the car.. thank you very much for the help now I got to figure out what I need to do to get these things to shut off why would he want them to be on all the time is beyond me.
My guess is they modified the wiring off the turn signal stock someplace to get them to do this but it's hard to say for sure, but that's where I personally would start looking, I'd just look for wires there that may have been spliced into. If you don't find anything there, then they could have spliced into the wiring off the driving lights up at the head lights themselves. Or I guess they could of added a jumper wire to fuse 22 in the fuse box under the hood.

Last edited by madsonp; 07-29-2021 at 07:55 PM.
FAUEE (07-29-2021)
Old 07-29-2021, 08:26 PM
BMF_C6
Pro

Received 311 Likes on 186 Posts

Fuse 22 / Relay 38 - I don't think it would be fuse 22 because your fogs are on.

It may be relay 38 contacts have welded closed.

I would start by pulling relay 38 in the under the hood fuse box and see if the lights turn off. if they do not turn off then there are two things it could be.
#1. Someone has jumpered them to the running lights or a direct "hot" to keep them on. Pulling the relay will tell you what to start looking for.
#2 If they turn off when you pull the relay, then switch relays with another like relay in the box. if they stay off then test the on/off with the inside switch then buy you a replacement relay if everything works right.
#3 If go off with the relay pulled but come on when a different relay is installed & don't control with the inside switch, then it could be the BCM keeping the relay pulled in thus keeping the lights on which would be another thing in itself.

Please let us know what you find--- here is the wiring diagram for the fogs - it's a diagram for a 07 but should be the same.

Good luck

BMF

The following 2 users liked this post by BMF_C6:
Bigtony14 (07-30-2021), FAUEE (07-29-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To Fog Lamps please help..

Quick Reply: Fog Lamps please help..