C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rare instance of being glad to be at the dealership

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2022, 06:04 PM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 446 Likes on 336 Posts

my CEL for the P0336 ( Crank position sensor ) seems to have been resolved with a new battery. the P0330 code still persists, although originally it posted this 3x ( stored / pending / permanent ), it is only showing it once now ( i forgot which one, i'll again tonight ).
after having a quote from the dealership of over $1k for an oil change & new knock sensors ( $178 for oil change ), i told to hold off on the sensors for now. then he mentioned that the engine was being replaced and the one they ordered, is not the one
for my car ( based on the VIN ). i asked if he had ordered based on what the VIN showed, what would have he ordered. the part he had, was not the same GM # ( #127253857 ) that # JEGS'S ( #19370416, since replaced with #19432414 ) had when i order this originally from JEG's. he is saying the part i used, would be for a caprice or camaro. when i sourced this from JEG's, i did not use the VIN but, year / make / model. if indeed, not sure what the differences are between the two ( motor mounts? ).
their is a big cost difference, as i paid $7.8k vs, what the engine the dealership shows @ $5.6k. this rabbit hole would have Alice screaming Uncle by now. the really strange part is, why am i not screaming Uncle?

Quick Reply: rare instance of being glad to be at the dealership