C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temporary Roof

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2022, 09:31 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Whodamans
I kinda like the open air look, can see all the componants but yours is very nice, clean. it is a W6, 12" you are running a 10?
I should have mentioned mine is a 10". I chose the W6 because it asks for a smaller enclosure compared to the W7. The W7 is great, but it does ask for a lot of air space, making the box much bigger when you compare it to the same size W6. I have thought about rebuilding the box trying to configure it to make the top fit. I think I could possibly do it, but like I said, I never take my roof off so it really hasn't been an important issue for me so I haven't been motivated enough.
Old 05-23-2022, 10:36 PM
Whodamans
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred
I should have mentioned mine is a 10". I chose the W6 because it asks for a smaller enclosure compared to the W7. The W7 is great, but it does ask for a lot of air space, making the box much bigger when you compare it to the same size W6. I have thought about rebuilding the box trying to configure it to make the top fit. I think I could possibly do it, but like I said, I never take my roof off so it really hasn't been an important issue for me so I haven't been motivated enough.
W7 is a monster for sure, had a friend with one and personally i like the sound of the W6 better. Anyways im giving up, threw a old 10" slim pioneer for the time being and putting the W6 on Ebay. Its a sad day... i do love the thing.

Looking into a TW3. Would slide right under the roof no problems.

Is a bit more than i want to spend, any recommends around the 300-400$ range? seems to be a large gap in shallow subs, either $130 or $500 not much in between lol

Last edited by Whodamans; 05-23-2022 at 10:45 PM.
Old 05-23-2022, 11:29 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Don't sell the W7. Keep it, you never know you might need it again someday. Funny thing is, I started with a 10" TW3 and then built the box for the W6. Here is a very similar box I had for the TW3. With this box, the top fit no problem.

Old 05-23-2022, 11:52 PM
She_Thicc
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 270 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Whodamans
W7 is a monster for sure, had a friend with one and personally i like the sound of the W6 better. Anyways im giving up, threw a old 10" slim pioneer for the time being and putting the W6 on Ebay. Its a sad day... i do love the thing.

Looking into a TW3. Would slide right under the roof no problems.

Is a bit more than i want to spend, any recommends around the 300-400$ range? seems to be a large gap in shallow subs, either $130 or $500 not much in between lol
Image Dynamics ID10. I believe it only calls for a .33 or .5cu box.

Quick Reply: Temporary Roof