C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RCDLR issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2023, 01:26 PM
BillgerC6
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RCDLR issue

Been having issues with No FOB detection.
First GM dealer said it was not a RCDLR issue.
Second GM dealer now states they are 98% sure it is the RCDLR
Unfortunately they claim that there are none to be purchased.
Does anyone know where one can find one.
2007 Corvette.

Otherwise I have to drive it will key in glove box. Not good.
The following users liked this post:
DRM5150 (10-04-2023)
Old 05-02-2023, 02:46 PM
gdmoore01
Burning Brakes

Received 549 Likes on 380 Posts

Used or refurbished are your options. Found the following on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/38484215721...oAAOSwRJhkSX8x

You didn't respond to the question asked in your last post concerning the problems you were having with the "fob not detected" and need to be very sure that the RCDLR requires replacement. The replacement module will need to be electronically integrated to the car VIN using a Tech2 so be sure the dealer has the tools and knowledge to perform this function.

Good luck and always perform the courtesy to follow up with your posts. We all learn from user experiences and the information provided on the forum postings.

GD
The following 2 users liked this post by gdmoore01:
LCZ06 (06-08-2023), SixAddict (05-02-2023)
Old 05-02-2023, 04:54 PM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,148 Posts

Don’t know if these two documents will help your situation: if a software update is required it might solve the problem. Ask the dealer if that was done. For the other issue, listen for the number of clicks as per the second document.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
FOB - RCDLR - Transistor.pdf (219.5 KB, 115 views)
LCZ06 (10-06-2023)
Old 06-08-2023, 09:59 AM
BillgerC6
7th Gear

Well the issue has been resolved.
I ordered the parts that gdmoor01 posted that were on ebay. Purchased the two remaining. I also ordered a new one that was listed from a GM dealership that proved to be not true.
Once I received the two RCDLR's I contacted my GM dealership and made an appointment.
They installed one and they were able to program the unit as well as my FOBs.
Great news as the previous 2 RCDLR purchased were not good.
So now I have a spare just in case the issue arrives again.
About a 6 month process to get it fixed.
Just wish GM would support their product or maybe someone will start refurbishing these units.

Thanks to everyone who provided comments and places to purchase RCDLR.
Much appreciated.
gdmoore01 (06-08-2023)
Old 06-08-2023, 11:42 AM
LCZ06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Can you use any Corvette C6 Anti Theft Keyless Entry Receiver Module XLR 15853335 RCDLR for any C6 model year or does it have to match your model year?
Old 06-08-2023, 10:34 PM
BillgerC6
7th Gear

Default Rcdlr

As long as it is a C6 then it should not matter what version you have.
There were multiple upgrades but all work.
Old 10-04-2023, 03:58 PM
DRM5150
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the same issue. You're going to have to search the internet and most important the replacement receiver has to have the same identical eight-digit part number. That is what my dealer told me. I already bought two, with different part numbers, and we couldn't program them. I think the only way to get the part number is to pull out the receiver. I actually found 2 with my part number but they were sold. It's going to be like finding a needle in a haystack. Any questions, let me know. Best of luck.
Old 10-04-2023, 04:11 PM
DRM5150
3rd Gear

According to my dealer the receiver part numbers have to match exactly. I've tried 2 different replacements with different part numbers and they weren't able to program them. Where did you get the update page you posted? Thanks
Old 10-05-2023, 10:11 AM
BillgerC6
7th Gear

Do not remember what website I found the information.

The receiver part numbers do not have to match exactly. The numbers listed previously are RCDLR's that have been upgraded from the previous version.

I had two different GM dealerships get me a used one since new ones are not available. Each of the two were not programmable meaning they were already dead. The dealerships told me that there was no guarantee that the used part would be any good.

I searched the internet and luckily found two. Numbers were not the same but an updated version per list above. Took both to the dealerships and the first one they installed was programmable. They told me to not let go of the other one. Not sure if it is good or not.

Just too bad some company does not make these in the aftermarket. I went over a year with the RCDLR not working.

Maybe if everyone would have reported it to the NHTSA, it might have forced GM to fix the problem.

Good luck in locating one that is good.
Old 10-05-2023, 02:39 PM
DRM5150
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by BillgerC6
Do not remember what website I found the information.

The receiver part numbers do not have to match exactly. The numbers listed previously are RCDLR's that have been upgraded from the previous version.

I had two different GM dealerships get me a used one since new ones are not available. Each of the two were not programmable meaning they were already dead. The dealerships told me that there was no guarantee that the used part would be any good.

I searched the internet and luckily found two. Numbers were not the same but an updated version per list above. Took both to the dealerships and the first one they installed was programmable. They told me to not let go of the other one. Not sure if it is good or not.

Just too bad some company does not make these in the aftermarket. I went over a year with the RCDLR not working.

Maybe if everyone would have reported it to the NHTSA, it might have forced GM to fix the problem.

Good luck in locating one that is good.
The one in my car is part #25940664. According to the screen shot you took there was no upgraded replacement for my part #. Do I try and find one with the previous part #? The ones ending in 622 or 453 listed in the screen shot.
Thank you
Old 10-05-2023, 04:02 PM
gdmoore01
Burning Brakes

Received 549 Likes on 380 Posts

I believe that the RCDLR is specific by YM. 2005 is a standalone, a version for 2006-7 and then a version for 2008-13. The OP needed a 2006-7 version, as I recall and there are aftermarket companies that refurbish them.

GD
Old 10-06-2023, 04:43 PM
zinsavage123
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

If that stops working can you still drive the car and get in/out? Seen someone say they went without the rcdlr for a year!!! What's the alternative in the event you can't find that damn thing for these cars?
Old 10-06-2023, 06:44 PM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,148 Posts

Originally Posted by zinsavage123
If that stops working can you still drive the car and get in/out? Seen someone say they went without the rcdlr for a year!!! What's the alternative in the event you can't find that damn thing for these cars?
That depends on what you mean by stops working. There is a situation where one of the transistors fails but the RCDLR works well enough to recognize a fob if placed in the slot. So you could still drive your car but it’s a PITA because you’ll need to put the fob in the slot to start it every time assuming nothing else in the module fails. There’s a TSB about the transistor failure.

Some of the problems are caused by cold solder joints. If you are any good at that kind of work, you could reflow those joints. An electronics shop could probably do the same. Some problems could be caused by relays on the board, but they can be replaced, once again by someone with circuit board repair skills. Even the processor could be resoldered if it became loose.

And since GM seldom tries to repair anything, they’ve just replaced those modules that have failed and thrown away those that might have reasonably been reworked. That practice sure hasn’t helped.

There was a post not that long ago asking if the RCDLR could be bypassed and a regular ignition key and lock used. I believe the consensus was that that might be OK for a dedicated track car, but not so for a street machine.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
FOB - RCDLR - Transistor.pdf (219.5 KB, 30 views)

Get notified of new replies

To RCDLR issue

Quick Reply: RCDLR issue