C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Were to find parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2023, 12:07 AM
SGMotto
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Were to find parts

I need help where I can find parts. I have a 2011 grand sport and I am looking for both OEM visors with garage bottoms. Any idea where I can find these parts?
Old 05-26-2023, 09:22 AM
C6ToGo
Safety Car

Received 1,116 Likes on 693 Posts

Best bet is to find the correct GM part numbers and then Google the number and start the search as many vendors will show it in stock but that won't be the case.

Most GM parts lookup screens are the same. In your case, you go to a site and enter your vehicle info, then find the category Windshield, Wiper, Mirrors, Instrument Panel, Console, Doors then go to the subcategory Windshield Trim & Hardware - Interior. Then look for Sunshade, GM's term for a visor.

If this link works, it looks something like this: https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts-l..._interior.html

Looks like 3 are listed.....Driver standard, Driver with garage button and Passenger (which wouldn't have a button).

Last edited by C6ToGo; 05-26-2023 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-26-2023, 10:17 AM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

Received 1,771 Likes on 1,133 Posts

Corvette central lists them, but no buttons.
zip corvette lists them, but makes no comment about the buttons https://www.zip-corvette.com/05-13-s...placement.html
you’d have to contact them to find out
Old 05-26-2023, 07:14 PM
SGMotto
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you all for the info.
Old 05-29-2023, 03:34 PM
ddent01
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 48 Posts

There's a shop in the Charlotte NC area called Vette Pro's and he parts out Corvettes. I've used him a couple of times for odd parts. He has a presence on eBay and FB so I know he ships stuff.
Old 05-30-2023, 01:31 PM
schizcat
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by SGMotto
I need help where I can find parts. I have a 2011 grand sport and I am looking for both OEM visors with garage bottoms. Any idea where I can find these parts?
Good luck. Youre gonna have to dig around a bit. Years ago I remember the Lear 2 was hard to find (i.e. visor with buttons). I had an issue finding one so I just bought a non-button visor and swapped over the buttons and had it sewn back together by someone. You may run into an issue where the part has been discontinued and you have to find one from a private seller.

Get notified of new replies

To Were to find parts

Quick Reply: Were to find parts