C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tires - Summer 2023

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2023, 09:44 PM
Brent4880
Safety Car

Received 209 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by MyYellow07
I'm the third owner of a 07 coupe that has just over 7K miles and the tires look as new...but they have a manufactured date of 2006. I just ordered a set of MICHELIN PILOT SPORT ALL SEASON 4 for peace of mind....and joined AAA..
Congratulations! 🛞🛞🛞🛞
I finally got mine ordered today though Tire Rack - Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 ZP. They have been shipped and should be at the nearest Discount Tire Monday. I致e scheduled the install for Tuesday morning. Old tires just need to give me another 40 miles. I値l contact AAA before our first road trip.
Old 06-13-2023, 11:12 AM
visionary
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Default PS4 All Season ZP

So I just purchased the Michelin PS4 All Season ZP's. I have a 2010 GS auto trans. I can't say enough good things about these tires. Although they were $2K installed they are worth it! Less noise, far better ride, and they are all season, which means they should last more than 20,000 miles. I just traded in my 06 and it has the PS3 all season tires and they were great too. Since we all sometimes lose our good sense of judgement and smash the throttle down, spend the money for the best! These will probably fall short of satisfying the weekend racer, but other that that these are great.

MTF
Old 06-13-2023, 12:06 PM
Brent4880
Safety Car

Received 209 Likes on 155 Posts

New Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 ZP installed this morning at Discount Tire, purchased from Tire Rack (delivered yesterday morning - right on time). These replaced the original Goodyears (manufactured 11 &12 / 08) on my 09 Base Corvette. Tires and install just a little bit over $1.5K.

There was a very noticeable improvement in ride quality on my 43 mile return trip home. A couple miles of 4 lane and smooth at 70mph. The rest of drive was 2 lane with mostly poor pavement. More confidence inspiring on the many curves as well.

I bought my Corvette in August of 2021 as the third owner with a little over 5K miles on it. Although I致e been very happy with the car, I was always a little leery of pushing it too much with the age of the tires. The new Michelins have turned my enjoyment up to 11. I know there are other high quality tires available, but my initial experience with these tires is completely satisfied. Thank you to the forum members who shared their experiences and provided help.
The following users liked this post:
Discount Tire (06-13-2023)
Old 06-13-2023, 01:13 PM
J Vette
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

First post in a few years and glad to have found the good reviews on the pilot Sport AS 4ZP. Its a little cheaper than the Super sport. I always go with run flats because I tend to drive a lot on the mountain back roads here in East TN. Hard to find a pull off spot there. Even with plug and pump it sounds too dangerous for me to tackle. I would think it safer on a long trip, especially highway miles with non run flats. I'd love to find a small donut. But then I'd have to find a jack that would work too, which seems near impossible. I wish there was a better solution. But its a small price and inconvenience to pay for such a fun car to drive. Off to the tire store for tires now. Thanks guys
The following users liked this post:
Discount Tire (06-13-2023)

Quick Reply: Tires - Summer 2023