C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash cam question

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2023, 06:04 PM
Celticvette55
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Dash cam question

Anybody install an Alpine DVR-C320R ? I have an Alpine head unit that compatible for this dash cam but I’m worried about the installation, particularly the rear cam and running the cable for the front cam along the top of the windshield. I’ve got a Grand Sport, so obviously the roof’s removable, and I’m wondering if the cable would be an issue.
Old 05-26-2023, 06:33 PM
madsonp
Safety Car

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,164 Posts

On mine I ran the cable for the rear camera through a grommet in the back, than under the carpet to the console, and ran it under the console to the deck, you can see the grommet I ran in through in the attached photo (yellow arrow) you can access this grommet by removing the right side tail lights. The front camera on mine, I ran the cable through the grill then up along the side of the right fender then through the large grommet behind the battery, then, once in the car, behind the glove box to the stereo.

The following users liked this post:
FLC6GS (05-27-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 08:36 PM
Celticvette55
Advanced

Thanks for replying but I was talking about a rear facing cam that came with the dash cam. It’s actually a second camera that Alpine suggests using on the rear window, or just facing the rear. Thanks again.
Old 05-26-2023, 09:03 PM
madsonp
Safety Car

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,164 Posts

Originally Posted by Celticvette55
Thanks for replying but I was talking about a rear facing cam that came with the dash cam. It’s actually a second camera that Alpine suggests using on the rear window, or just facing the rear. Thanks again.
Oh ok, guess I miss understood, haven't seen that camera.
Celticvette55 (05-27-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 09:08 PM
C6_Prodigy
Pro

Received 332 Likes on 209 Posts

Front cam wiring can run up the a pillars and tuck between the windshield and whatever you call that section of the upper windshield panel until you get to the rear-view mirror area, assuming that's where you want to mount the front-facing camera.

Where do you want to mount the rear-facing cam? I would think on the halo facing backward, in which case the wiring for the camera could run under the door sills or through the shifter/console tunnel and then up the B pillar and under the halo's interior panels.
Corvette_Dez (05-27-2023)
Old 05-27-2023, 06:45 AM
Celticvette55
Advanced

I would like to be able to tuck it under the trim on the upper windshield if possible, but it looks like a pretty thick cable. As to the rear facing cam, might not use it if I can’t put it on the glass, I don’t fancy drilling a hole on the halo trim. Thanks for the suggestions.

Get notified of new replies

To Dash cam question

Quick Reply: Dash cam question