C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ran over and into a gas station cover plate

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2023, 10:30 PM
DrKrieger
Drifting

Received 830 Likes on 483 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
Default Ran over and into a gas station cover plate

Well, I installed a new 2 row ECP radiator, and what a difference in cooling, especially living in Phoenix. With an A & A S/C and an A to A intercooler the install was a bit of a challenge, but I got it done and am overjoyed with the cooling difference. The radiator is very well made, and delivered to my door for less than $400. A great savings over some other "brand name" radiators. I've said all that to say this. I went into a gas station and did't realize that the underground tank fill cover was at a weird angle, and I caught the radiator support skid plate and bent the support as well as the bolt hole on the frame on the passenger side. I didn't realize that the damage was that bad until I put the car on the lift. WOW was I shocked to say the least. I had to drop it out and do some pretty extensive tweaking in a vise, and eventually got it to the point it was able to be reinstalled. It did save my new radiator! Watch those elevated areas!
The following users liked this post:
jeffs64 (05-26-2023)
Old 05-27-2023, 01:22 AM
C6_Prodigy
Pro

Received 333 Likes on 209 Posts

Glad you were able to get it straightened out. What are you using for an oil cooler in your setup? I checked ECP but did not see one with an integrated oil cooler. Do you have the short style OEM oil cooler than works with the A&A kit?
Old 05-28-2023, 10:52 AM
DrKrieger
Drifting

Received 830 Likes on 483 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

You are correct about no oil cooler lines with this unit. I had previously installed a small 10 row oil cooler and adapter kit. Prior to the new radiator install oil temp in the summer ran 225-230 on a hot day. Yesterday was only 95 but the oil temp was 194 in traffic. What a difference.

Get notified of new replies

To Ran over and into a gas station cover plate

Quick Reply: Ran over and into a gas station cover plate