C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

security light on windows not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2023, 12:41 AM
gotavettefinally
Navigator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default security light on windows not working

I was driving my 13 GS today and noticed the security light on the dash was on. A few minutes later I tried to roll the window down and neither window would work. However when opening the doors both windows index as they should. I have searched both on here and Google and while I have found a few times where someone had the same problem I haven't been able to find a solution. I am hoping someone here has had the same issue and can help me find a fix. Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 06-10-2023, 10:48 AM
RetroGuy
Drifting

Received 506 Likes on 311 Posts

The only suggestion I have is to replace your car battery if it's older than 2 years. A lot of unusual electrical Gremlins have been solved just by doing that.
Old 06-10-2023, 01:10 PM
gotavettefinally
Navigator

Thanks for the reply, I just checked and the battery is only 8 months old. Also just checked and the passenger window will operate from the passenger door but neither will work from the driver door.
Old 06-10-2023, 02:02 PM
madsonp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,757 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Originally Posted by gotavettefinally
Thanks for the reply, I just checked and the battery is only 8 months old. Also just checked and the passenger window will operate from the passenger door but neither will work from the driver door.
Even though your battery is only eight months old, doesn't mean it's good, you'd need to have a load test done on it to be certain.
The following users liked this post:
silverja (06-10-2023)
Old 06-10-2023, 02:18 PM
gdmoore01
Burning Brakes

Received 548 Likes on 380 Posts

There was a fix discussed by one forum member that had a similar problem with functions that were traced to the drivers door, such as you have stated. He pulled of the door panel and checked the door main electrical connector. Disconnect your battery. Then disconnect and review the connector pins for any corrosion or bent pins. Clean with electrical spray, use a little dielectric grease to repel moisture and reconnect and secure to the door. He stated this cleared up his problems with the security light and malfunctioning door controls.

If this is not the problem, then you should check the 2 blue & 1 black large BCM connectors located in the passenger floor electrical panel. Disconnect your battery and then disconnect, clean, grease & reconnect the BCM connectors.

Please post your findings and the fix once you identify the problem.

GD

Old 06-10-2023, 04:03 PM
gotavettefinally
Navigator

Thanks, I'll give that a shot and post up results.
Old 06-13-2023, 06:32 PM
AtlEngineer
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default My new to me 06 Conv had Security Light on then Windows stayed down?

I was driving my 13 GS today and noticed the security light on the dash was on. A few minutes later I tried to roll the window down and neither window would work. However when opening the doors both windows index as they should. I have searched both on here and Google and while I have found a few times where someone had the same problem I haven't been able to find a solution. I am hoping someone here has had the same issue and can help me find a fix. Thanks in advance for any help!
Hi,
You are not alone.
Mine had a similar fail except both windows stayed down could not be raised once the Security Light came on the dash. This happened right after I had gotten in the car, closed the door, started it, put down the windows, put down the top. When I attempted to bring the windows up to hold some AC so I could drive top down in the 82 degree Atlanta sun.... windows wouldn't budge when attempting from driver door switches. No solution yet, my shop has a month waiting list and I can't get it back to them till July 7.

Another user years ago had similar problem, but passenger window switch worked. Mine too. How about yours? This at least helps to localize at the driver door switch.
Switch connections in my driver door are also suspect, as I had a replacement panel from Ebay installed. It replaced one that flopped because of a broken clip.

There were problems with the windows working after installation, and somehow disconnecting Lojak got everything else working.

I have purchased yet another driver panel and my shop will try it first, hoping that the current one installed has an intermittent wire or connection.

I have read where marginal battery and various ground points get corroded and can cause all sorts of "gremlins" and false sensor reports.

Good luck, and I guess we'll see.

AtlEng

My similar thread:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-replaced.html
Old 06-13-2023, 08:29 PM
gotavettefinally
Navigator

Yep mine is the same way. Passenger door switches working fine. I have been down in the back so instead of trying to fix myself I am going to take it to my mechanic friend. He is currently on the Hotrod Power tour so it will be at least next week before I can get the car to him. I'll post up the issue once he gets to it.
Old 06-13-2023, 09:36 PM
AtlEngineer
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Yep mine is the same way. Passenger door switches working fine. I have been down in the back so instead of trying to fix myself I am going to take it to my mechanic friend. He is currently on the Hotrod Power tour so it will be at least next week before I can get the car to him. I'll post up the issue once he gets to it.
Thanks!
I will post up anything I find, too.
Old 06-13-2023, 11:10 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

Hope that this wiring diagram helps.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Old 06-14-2023, 08:03 PM
AtlEngineer
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by PDsVettes
Hope that this wiring diagram helps.
Thank you! You are just so nice and helpful to post this!
AtlEng

Get notified of new replies

To security light on windows not working

Quick Reply: security light on windows not working