C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette C6 Targa Wind Deflector

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2024, 07:55 AM
danzis
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette C6 Targa Wind Deflector

Hey,

I saw some posts about wind deflectors for Corvette C6 targa. Do you know where could you get something like that? Unfortunately I cannot find it.
Does it work? Did any of you tried that?
Wind Deflector topic
Old 02-13-2024, 10:45 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Welcome to the forum. There are threads on this, and very mixed reviews on how effective it really is. Most liked how it decreased the cabin wind turbulence. The original design was just held in place with the top of window trim, but at higher highway speeds, it would pop out. A new design followed that had screws that held in down where the targa top latch hooks in. That design was much better, and stayed in place, no matter the speed.
It was once sold by Corvette Mods, but they were kicked out of this forum for less than professional customer service and delivery of actual purchases. They are still banned, and it is advisable to stay far far away from that company. They actually changed their name, but still the same issues.

It's been awhile since I've seen any posts or threads or any forum vendors that still sell it. You may find one in the C6 parts for sale in a want to buy thread.
You can check that out on the transaction feedback section
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-feedback-153/
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...vettemods.html
Old 02-13-2024, 11:57 PM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,739 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Windrestrictor sells one for coupes, although I have no personal experience with those. I have one of their restrictors in my convertible Grand Sport, and it works exceptionally well.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette C6 Targa Wind Deflector

Quick Reply: Corvette C6 Targa Wind Deflector