C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mirror accessory light

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2024, 04:30 AM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

Default Mirror accessory light

When I open my car door to get something, my 2007 corvette vert rear view mirror accessory lamps will not go out. I disconnected the positive battery post as to not drain the battery. Any ideas ? I tried pushing the two buttons in and out with same results.
thank you
Old 03-14-2024, 07:12 AM
DDP
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts

Make sure the dimmer switch for the dash lights isn't turned on, it happened to me once after cleaning the dash and around the steering wheel. I'm not near my car right now to send a picture but its the little **** next to the steering wheel on the left side.
The following users liked this post:
Landru (03-15-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 08:19 AM
enventr
Safety Car

Thanks but I looked at that switch- horrible location. I made an appt with the dealer. I’m hoping something simple. I hate to be at their mercy.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:26 PM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,162 Posts

Just for your reference, the switches in the mirror work opposite to what you expect. Pushed in is ‘off’. Popped out is ‘on’. Also, the dimmer control **** is pushed in to turn the map lights on or off. Very easy to bump it with your knee and accidentally turn them on.
Old 03-14-2024, 01:33 PM
Sayfoo
Safety Car

Received 460 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by enventr
Thanks but I looked at that switch- horrible location. I made an appt with the dealer. I’m hoping something simple. I hate to be at their mercy.
For what the dealer is going to rape you, I would just remove the bulbs if you can't figure it out your self.
Old 03-14-2024, 02:16 PM
LilNutSac
Melting Slicks

Received 519 Likes on 286 Posts

Are they LEDs? I've had some cheaper LEDs stay on a little bit like that before. Never killed a battery but certainly had me worried. Here's what Google says:

Thanks to their high efficiency, LEDs can operate on residual electricity. Even after switching it off, it emits a very slight glow until all the power has been discharged and the LEDs continue to produce a dim light. The glow can fade from a few seconds to a few minutes, depending on the type of lamp used.
If yours aren't LED. Sorry, can't help ya. Best of luck!
Corvette_Dez (03-15-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 11:12 PM
enventr
Safety Car

Thank you guys, I found the problem. The switch was the culprit as I was playing with it as I was playing with the switch it looked out as it was really
in and for sure I thought it was out. I played with it about 4 times pushing it in and out and it worked. I put the terminal back on the battery , re indexed my windows and tried it 3 times all good. Tomorrow I’ll reset the radio stations and clock. I canceled tomorrow’s appt. I bought the car from the dealer and I think one time I bought it for one service as their labor is very high. Who
at engineer designed that stupid switch and location. Also the rear view mirror the buttons should be pushed in. Terrible design as when you push it out the light is on. Love the car but the engineers should have designed it better.
Landru (03-15-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 08:29 AM
robert.m.kalis
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by enventr
Thank you guys, I found the problem. The switch was the culprit as I was playing with it as I was playing with the switch it looked out as it was really
in and for sure I thought it was out. I played with it about 4 times pushing it in and out and it worked. I put the terminal back on the battery , re indexed my windows and tried it 3 times all good. Tomorrow I’ll reset the radio stations and clock. I canceled tomorrow’s appt. I bought the car from the dealer and I think one time I bought it for one service as their labor is very high. Who
at engineer designed that stupid switch and location. Also the rear view mirror the buttons should be pushed in. Terrible design as when you push it out the light is on. Love the car but the engineers should have designed it better.
Don't blame the engineer, blame the project and Industrial design team, they determine the appearance and functions of the vehicle, the engineers execute the plan as best they can. I'm a retired mechanical engineer and have had to have a few fights with the industrial design team because they were proposing something lame that looked cool but functionally sucked.

Get notified of new replies

To Mirror accessory light

Quick Reply: Mirror accessory light