C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley Ultra Lo-Ram fuels rails question

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2024, 01:20 PM
Rob Via
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Holley Ultra Lo-Ram fuels rails question

I asked Holley about the fuel rails for their Ultra Lo-Ram intake for a LS3. They said they were not standard LS3 spacing and they did not know of any other manufactures that make one that fit. I am looking for red billet rails that would work with this intake. Does anyone know if you can use other fuel rails with this intake? Holley does not make a red set, only a black set.
If there are no other options, can you powder coat Holley's black rails a different color? Does it hold up well?
It seems crazy to me they would not make the intake so that it would use the same rails as ones they make for a stock LS3 intake.
Old 03-29-2024, 05:16 AM
StayinStock
Safety Car

Received 3,373 Likes on 1,637 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

rail spacing usually comes down to the height of the injectors, not the actual spacing side to side. You can probably adapt another set of rails but you may have to make some spacers. Powdercoat would also work if you decided to go that route.
Old 03-29-2024, 08:39 AM
Rob Via
Pro

From what I can see, Holley has 2 different height mounting clips for the fuels rails. A short one for stock injectors and a tall one for other size injectors. I guess there are probably 2 different standard size injectors. The spacing looks center of the intake runner into the head and vertical. That looks like the stock position from what I can see, but I don't know for sure. It really seems like the rails should be interchangeable to me. I guess if I buy a set of rails from somewhere else, I should make sure they have an easy return policy.
Old 03-29-2024, 09:38 AM
taylori497
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Personally, would just powdercoat them and use the brackets it came with. Easier than making brackets to have the correct height so that you get a proper seal on the injectors. I had other rails I wanted to use, the rails for the holley are special because it doesn't use the same mounting points of seemingly every other intake. Rails for stock intake and BTR trinity won't work.
Old 03-29-2024, 11:39 AM
Rob Via
Pro

I can see the mounting holes for the brackets being different. That would force you into buying the rails from them if you have the intake. Kind of crappy, but good business move.

Looking at BTR website for trinity intake. the injector ports are clearly canted to one side. I will have to dig some more.

I like the flat area on the top of the Holley intake. The only other one I have seen similar is a Texas Speed intake. Anyone know of others that are similar? So far, I think I like the Holley one the best.

Last edited by Rob Via; 03-29-2024 at 01:07 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Holley Ultra Lo-Ram fuels rails question

Quick Reply: Holley Ultra Lo-Ram fuels rails question