C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rcdlr common problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2024, 03:01 PM
tylermmattrazzo
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rcdlr common problem

My keyfob in the mornings for some reason will go undetected for a couple minutes until some trick gets it to work. Ive heard in a youtube video you can tell your rcdlr is bad by the number of clicks you hear when clicking the ignition. The youtube video says you should hear 5 clicks in succession on a working module, on my module i only hear 3 clicks so i am pretty sure mine is bad. I work at a shop and we dont have a tech2 that i know of. Kinda feels to be my best bet is to wait until its unusable and possibly try saving the module by resoldering it but i hear results are mixed. Ive also seen the rcdlr taken apart with only 4 relays so that would mean to me only 4 clicks would be present when the switch is clicked but i have no idea. I would much rather try to find a better solution than just a used/refurbished $300 module that could possibly have the same issues and however much to program but that might be my only option.
Old 05-04-2024, 03:26 PM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

Received 1,847 Likes on 1,177 Posts

The actual TSB, which is attached, only says a ‘series’ of clicks. 5 is not mentioned. Just because a YouTube video says 5 doesn’t make it so. If you can hear 3, that’s a series. I suggest you start solving this by replacing the fob battery with a new one that measures 3.3 volts. Measure it first because new does not equal good. While you’re at it, carefully clean the battery contacts in the fob and make sure they grip the battery tightly. I’m presuming you don’t have a second fob that you’ve tried since you didn’t mention it.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
FOB - RCDLR - Transistor.pdf (219.5 KB, 14 views)
Old 05-04-2024, 03:31 PM
tylermmattrazzo
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FatsWaller
The actual TSB, which is attached, only says a ‘series’ of clicks. 5 is not mentioned. Just because a YouTube video says 5 doesn’t make it so. If you can hear 3, that’s a series. I suggest you start solving this by replacing the fob battery with a new one that measures 3.3 volts. Measure it first because new does not equal good. While you’re at it, carefully clean the battery contacts in the fob and make sure they grip the battery tightly. I’m presuming you don’t have a second fob that you’ve tried since you didn’t mention it.
yes im actually using the secondary keyfob because initially i thought it was a keyfob problem and i put a new battery in it with no change and have since just switched to using the "2" brand new one with a new battery just because i was too lazy too switch back to "1" the new battery wasnt sitting for long previously to my knowledge so i dont think thats the problem but yes id have to test it to be 100%

Get notified of new replies

To Rcdlr common problem

Quick Reply: Rcdlr common problem