C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Islandhopper's pics on other forums, what are those folks saying?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 12:25 PM
ZisForZora_
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Islandhopper's pics on other forums, what are those folks saying?

I just read a thread over in C5 General about islandhoppers pics on a Honda forum. http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=680665

It was interesting to read the opinions and things the honda tech guys think they know about the C6. Jubilee's yellow C6 Spec is also posted in that thread as well.

"I hear they're going to put a little more pep into the LS1 and get rid of the LS6 (Z06) model next year."

"the rims almost look like RSX rims..but wow..I'd much rather have the rims come with that car than an RSX "

"I was reading up on corvetteforum and some people said its either going to have a stroked ls1 from 360-380 CI. Also read in a magazine that they are going to use a 4.6 dohc design but I doubt that."

"only if the way a car looked meant it was quality---its still a chevy---->>>sucks"

"Dude, you are an idiot. Just don't talk anymore. The Corvette will own your Honda in any category. ANY CATEGORY" (I loved that one.)

"Breakin out the old school... It's where we're headed now.
the last Vette without flip up headlights was the '62.
If that car were a woman, I'd have sex with it."

"Dropping the LS6 but putting more pep in the LS1? Thats funny since an LS6 is exactly that already. It would be more feasible to me if the base Corvettes got the current LS6 and a even more powerful version of it was developed for the future Z06."

Anyone else members of other auto forums with big C6 threads? I'd like to read more input from the Normals, please.

For the record, I posted a thread a week or so ago saying i was a little anxious (scared) about the spy pics and how the styling would go. After seeing the 'boatshop' pics i didnt fell much better. But, now I have pulled a GW 180. The Mag Redish new pics make the car finally look the way i hoped. I'm guessing the white shots fropm the boatshop just didnt pop some of the body lines out the way the Mag Redesque pics do. This is going to be AWESOME. Next spring, the C6 will be out for the public to see at car shows and all over magazines and TV, and C5 owners will fly in droves to dealerships to order thier C6's, and then back home to offer thier low mile, clean '02/'03 EB Z06's up for sale for me to buy one. Then in 2008 I'll have enough to trade in my C5 EB Z06 ( I bought used when a forum member bought thier C6) to get a C6 Z06.... finally after 30 years of waiting, wanting and saving... I'll be a generation behind!!

Old 11-18-2003, 06:04 PM
Butta
Pro

Default Re: Islandhopper's pics on other forums, what are those folks saying? (ZisForZora_)

Here's a Ford forum, lots of haters, but that's just jealousy:
http://warnerrobert.com/ubb/ultimate...c;f=2;t=001880
Old 11-18-2003, 06:21 PM
mqqn
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'11

Default Re: Islandhopper's pics on other forums, what are those folks saying? (ZisForZora_)

<snip>...and C5 owners will fly in droves to dealerships to order thier C6's, and then back home to offer thier low mile, clean '02/'03 EB Z06's up for sale for me to buy one...<snip>
Hi ZisForZora_ -

It will be clean, but don't expect low miles... :D

best regards -

mqqn
Old 11-18-2003, 09:11 PM
Tom Steele
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Islandhopper's pics on other forums, what are those folks saying? (Butta)

Here's a Ford forum, lots of haters, but that's just jealousy:
http://warnerrobert.com/ubb/ultimate...c;f=2;t=001880
Yeah I was disappointed when I read some of the blueoval posts too. I tend to jump on the Cobra-bashers here because I came from Ford Mustangs before I could afford Corvettes. My brother has a 2003 GT that he is supercharging. I like Mustangs. I like my Z06.

But basically, I like fast cars. I respect many things about each one of them and I don't understand the bashing that goes on most of the time.

I REALLY don't get it with the Mustang guys bashing the Vette. It never ceases to amaze me how wrong/hypocritical/asinine people can be.

I think I'll ease up on the Mustang bashers here. The Mustang guys are no better.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:33 PM
Wadoka
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04
Cruise-In 1-2-3-4-5 Veteran

... C5 owners will fly in droves to dealerships to order thier C6's, and then back home to offer thier low mile, clean '02/'03 EB Z06's up for sale for me to buy one. Then in 2008 I'll have enough to trade in my C5 EB Z06 ( I bought used when a forum member bought thier C6) to get a C6 Z06.... finally after 30 years of waiting, wanting and saving... I'll be a generation behind!!
This'll be a quicker than usual 'generational succession'! The C5 guys with the wherewithal to update to C6 will put a lot of well-cared-for C5s into the used market at good prices. The C4 owners, a lot of them, will upgrade to the magnificently competent used C5s, and then with their lower base investment, will start modding like crazy, and suddenly there will be a large number of (supposedly out of date) C5s, still superbly competent, with engine upgrades that will run with or run past factory-stock C6s...:D

It'll happen. I was an early adopter when I turned in my '93 for a '99. :)
Old 11-19-2003, 03:02 AM
Yano
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Islandhopper's pics on other forums, what are those folks saying? (Matt Black)

Love those HP wars :smash:

Get notified of new replies

To Islandhopper's pics on other forums, what are those folks saying?

Quick Reply: Islandhopper's pics on other forums, what are those folks saying?