C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Museum Delivery Highly Recommended

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 06:08 AM
TRAIL BOSS
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MThomas, Did you order the front license plate assembly?
Old 09-28-2004, 10:33 AM
2 Ag R8Cs
Race Director

Location: Retired Suffolk County Police Dept NY South Carolina
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CADreamingVette
Nice report.

This would be one of the many reasons I would do the museum delivery.

The only question I would need to decide would be if I am going to drive it all the way back to San Diego or order a covered car carrier truck to drive it back.

The concerns for me would be the rock / road damage with all those miles as well as breaking in the engine properly with the associated oil changes and whatnot.

Dealerships and the horror stories have made the museum delivery a must.
I had Museum delivery on my 96 CE and my 98, I will do it again when I get my next Vette. As far as proper break in goes all you need to do is to avoid the interstate highways for the first 500 miles. I took highways with traffic lights so it gave me the chance to decelerate stop and accelerate on a regular basis. The worst thing you can do with a new car is to hold a steady speed for long periods of time. I drove from Bowling Green KY to Myrtle Beach SC to visit my cousin and than back home to Long Island NY. I used well paved roads and didn’t have any problem with stones hitting the car. Don’t worry about your first oil change, it isn’t due for over 6,000 miles. I think the C6 is due at around 9 or 10 thousand. I am a bit crazy when it comes to oil changes so I changed mine at 1,500 then 3,000 and every 3,000 afterward. But if you waited 9,000 miles you would be within factory guidelines. Please don’t let your car sit without being used, it wasn’t meant to be put on display as a museum piece. The Corvette was meant to be driven, drive it and enjoy it. As long as you don’t tail gate the car in front of you don’t need to worry about stone chips.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:15 PM
TRAIL BOSS
Drifting

Your correct about driving them. In my garage, I've a "93 40th with 11K miles and a '97 Z51 C5 withs 25K miles. Now with my Z51 C6 added to my Vette clan, I plan on driving the "heck" out of it. It is a super road car! Letting them sit in the garage undercover does no one any good!
Old 10-18-2004, 01:56 PM
cmurman
Advanced

Thanks for the great summary/report about your Museum Delivery. I am currently trying to arrange a Museum Dleivery for my C6. It was built last week. Talking with Gary trying (begging) for a museum delivery date. Thanks for such a detailed report.
By the way... I grew up in Bay Village. Nice Place!
Good luck,

Chris

Last edited by cmurman; 10-18-2004 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:20 PM
RoscoesC5

Originally Posted by cmurman
Thanks for the great summary/report about your Museum Delivery. I am currently trying to arrange a Museum Dleivery for my C6. It was built last week. Talking with Gary trying (begging) for a museum delivery date. Thanks for such a detailed report.
By the way... I grew up in Bay Village. Nice Place!
Good luck,

Chris
The museum delivery needs to be ordered with the car at time of

purchase.

I hope you did... It's Great!!!!!

Quick Reply: Corvette Museum Delivery Highly Recommended