C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting Under a C6 Seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 12:10 PM
The Director
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Getting Under a C6 Seat

I've got the dreaded "Intermittent Airbag Light" problem and I know you have to check the connector under the driver's side seat.

If any of you have done this, how the heck did you get under the seat? Moving it all the way forward and all the way up still only gives you a tiny bit of room to work under there. And I'm guessing taking the whole seat out is gonna be an ordeal.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:46 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

You have to remove the front bolts of the seat, then the seat will tilt back enough for you to get under there to tie wrap the air bag connector (yellow). If that doesn't give you enough room, then remove the back bolts as well, then you can really tilt it back and for sure, you will get lot's of room. No need to remove the seat from the car.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:13 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

I was able to reach in and cable tie together the big yellow air bag connector by just raising the seat all the way up and moving it forward.

There was some slack on the harness, but maybe I just got lucky. I have a Panduit tie-wrap gun that makes cinching up and flush cutting the tie an easy one-hand operation.

Mine was easy to diagnose as I could turn the light on/off just by shifting my fat *** around in the seat.

Get notified of new replies

To Getting Under a C6 Seat

Quick Reply: Getting Under a C6 Seat