C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rattle in Passengers Door.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 01:56 PM
JimC6
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got around to using the tips above to remove the door panel and track down this rattle. First of all, thanks TedG for the tips on removing the door panel. The panel did come off pretty easy. However, when I got it off, all the metal clips were in place and did not appear to be the culprit in my situation. The two candidates that I came up with were the wiring for the door lock indicator and a plastic peg on the door panel that looked like it could have been making contact with the door frame. From the factory, the door panel light wiring was duct taped to the plastic which seemed like it could have been a last minute fix. I ended up wrapping adhesive foam around the wire and adding another strip of tape to secure it to the panel. With the peg I applyied some felt in the metal indention where the tab is located. This seemed to have fixed my rattle (no squeeks yet and it has been in place for a week). I snapped a couple pics while the door panel was off illustrating my fix (notice the green felt and foam) and so others could see where the door panel clips were located. There are a total of 8 clips holding the panel to the door. The torx bit ended up being a T-30.

Old 12-14-2004, 04:45 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Excellent info., TedG and JimC6. I've saved both of these in case I need them.

Thanks.

Old 12-15-2004, 08:35 AM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Great help thanks for the posting
Old 01-29-2014, 04:00 PM
Petrolburner
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have any pictures of the door panel off? The ones posted above are very outdated and no longer hosted. My driver's side panel squeaks relentlessly but it stops with just the slightest pressure applied. I'm thinking a clip is stripped out and needs to be replaced or fortified somehow. Thought it better to ask in this thread since it's the one the FAQ brought me to.

Quick Reply: Rattle in Passengers Door.