C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought my Second C6!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Z064life
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

I didn't see your car there last night. Maybe it is already sold.

Guys, this doesn't sound that unreasonable now that he says he didn't get GM Supplier on the 1st one, but did on the 2nd.

That is $6000 difference, and to that the $700 he disclosed that is almost $7000 and I know Penske. I would buy a new Vette from them at GM Supplier, but I would NEVER buy a used car from them. They want a fortune.

Last year I looked at a 2002 Coupe with ~35K miles and for an outright buy they said they could COME DOWN TO ~38K

Good job on the trade, won't happen again now that you purchased your second one with GM Supplier. Also, if you guys think about it, it still lost $7K dollars. He bought his 1st one without GM Supplier.

Now a question is, how do you get supplier if you own your own, small business? Just curious.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:09 PM
greenshirt77
Drifting

Originally Posted by AHMAD
Thanks...and it's hard for mt to buy one outright because being self employed...

A-HA! That clears up EVERYTHING- you're a drug dealer, aren't you.
Actually, I'm just kidding. If you are though, you should probably say your not. Whatever, this whole thread was wacky.
Good luck with whatever color C6 you have today!
Old 01-12-2005, 03:16 PM
_crazi4speed_
Instructor

Nice going man...would love to see your pics, what did you do with the wheels? did you keep them or that went into the trade?

Congrats...
Old 01-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z064life

Now a question is, how do you get supplier if you own your own, small business? Just curious.
I can answer that one. Sell to GM!!

I own a small business and I am a GM supplier. I supply product to their proving grounds in Mesa, AZ. I am getting the GM supplier discount on a new C6. You don't have to be the size of Goodyear Tire & Rubber to be a GM supplier. You can learn more by going to the GM supplier website.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:28 PM
AHMAD
Racer

Originally Posted by Z064life
I didn't see your car there last night. Maybe it is already sold.

Guys, this doesn't sound that unreasonable now that he says he didn't get GM Supplier on the 1st one, but did on the 2nd.

That is $6000 difference, and to that the $700 he disclosed that is almost $7000 and I know Penske. I would buy a new Vette from them at GM Supplier, but I would NEVER buy a used car from them. They want a fortune.

Last year I looked at a 2002 Coupe with ~35K miles and for an outright buy they said they could COME DOWN TO ~38K

Good job on the trade, won't happen again now that you purchased your second one with GM Supplier. Also, if you guys think about it, it still lost $7K dollars. He bought his 1st one without GM Supplier.

Well, whatever I lost on the trade in side...I gained in the GM Supplier discount. I got the certificate int he mail from GM. Don't knwo why bu I did. We buy 3-5 vehicles a year and maybe they wanted to show me their appreciation. Whatever the reason, I didn't mind.

I sold cars and was a sales manager for 3 years so I am not one of those people that "think" they got a good deal when all the dealer did was jumble the numbers. Bottom line is what counts...and if I were to have kept my yellow one...my payoff today would have been $700 lower than what my payoff is now ont he black one...meaning....I paid $700 and got a new car with new tires.

Pretty simple. You just gotta keep your eyes peeled....the best deals come when you're NOT looking!
Old 01-12-2005, 04:40 PM
_crazi4speed_
Instructor

Originally Posted by AHMAD

Pretty simple. You just gotta keep your eyes peeled....the best deals come when you're NOT looking!

you are so right about that, thats how I got my G35 when I was not looking and now that I am looking for an FX, I just cant seem to find a good deal..man it sucks..

Anyhow its awesome that you got a good deal..nice going man..I am also 24, well almost 25 now and I would love to get some pointers on dealing with dealers..I just cant seem to get a good deal trying to trade my car and get same year FX which is only priced like 2k more when they were new.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:55 PM
csex
Intermediate

Default congratulation

Good deal Ahmad

Its nice to see creative and out going men at your age,Iam sure
you will be successfull in your life.....now get ready 4 the new Z06
wich is comming soon.

omar
Old 01-12-2005, 05:15 PM
340.29m/s
Le Mans Master

Need a hard working employee Ahmad? :p
Old 01-12-2005, 06:08 PM
paystyle
Pro

Those w/o success will always hate and judge others. Sure, they may see your name and assume you are the son of an Arab oil baron...but don't let it affect you. I too know how it feels to be young and successful, as I'm now debating whether I should stop waiting for my vert and get a Z06 instead. Tell 'em drink some hater-ade.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:45 PM
AHMAD
Racer

Thanks guys. I will have pics ASAP. I kept my wheels on the black one. My exhaust and X-Pipe arrived today from B&B.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:59 PM
FRC_1
Instructor

How typical, you know I read this thread and wasn't going to write anything until a response was posted. This forum is so typical to judge people on the bad side of things. Not saying it happens all the time, but there are some really combative people on this board.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:02 PM
05C6400
Burning Brakes

Well Ahmad all I can say is can you hook me up with a good deal for the Z06???
Old 01-13-2005, 12:11 PM
NOVAVETTE
Burning Brakes

This story is very hard to believe when factoring a zero cost on a new 'Vette.
He HAS to be paying at least the sales tax for the new car.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:17 PM
AHMAD
Racer

haha....yeah, but when you trade...you only pay tax on the "difference"....which by then the tax was only about $100...since I almost traded evenly.

Old 01-13-2005, 06:22 PM
gkc501
Racer

Ahmad – congrats! First of all on not blowing your cool over the small minded negative “ 9 to 5’er’s ” who are obviously jealous over a young successful self employed individual. And secondly on being where you are at your age! I’ve been there and done that, and know where you are coming from.

I usually carouse the C5 section of this forum (still loving my C5, waiting for the 2’nd or 3’rd year C6 convertible model – then will pay cash for one or two of them (wife says she wants one too!), but will never part with my C5).

Anyway – must say I have found this post most entertaining! Better than the comic strips and most comedy movies! Sh….t – if you want a car, just get it. It’s only a car. I still don’t know why so many people on this forum get there panties in an uproar over everyone else’s deals? If you don’t know how to beat up a car salesman and get a good deal, get educated. My brother used to sell cars, he taught me how to buy. It is not rocket science! If you don’t know how, find someone who used to sell cars and learn!

And to the rest of you, hope you excuse my semi-rant, I just really so pity and get pi…ed off at those with their heads buried in the sand that I needed to vent.

This forum really should be about sharing experiences and ideas and information, not dumping on others.

Last edited by gkc501; 01-13-2005 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:37 PM
AHMAD
Racer

Thanks alot, man! I also was a car salesman and Sales Manager for 3 years and learned alot in those 3 years...especially because I was 18 when I started....and it really taught me alot at a young age and opened up my mind!

Ahmad
Old 01-13-2005, 06:51 PM
AHMAD
Racer

Originally Posted by 05C6400
Well Ahmad all I can say is can you hook me up with a good deal for the Z06???

Karl Johanson.....he also posts here....is who I buy all(except this last one) my vettes from. Great guy...knowledgable, up front, no BS!

He has me on his Z06 waiting list!

Old 01-13-2005, 08:22 PM
juiceman03070
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Ahmad...Have to say that your amazing.....ON THE LIST FOR A ZO6?? ENJOYED THE PIX OF THE SPEEDO.......140......DWIGHT LOVE....DCC..ONCE AGAIN HATS OFF ...
Old 01-14-2005, 07:26 PM
AHMAD
Racer

Thanks, Dwight!

Ahmad

Get notified of new replies

To Just bought my Second C6!

Quick Reply: Just bought my Second C6!