Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 2006 Corvette Z06 Badging Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 09:25 AM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default 2006 Corvette Z06 Badging Announcement

April 12, 2005

Attention: All GM Dealers (includes Saturn and Saab)

Starting this month, General Motors' corporate emblem will begin appearing on all recently-introduced and all-new 2006 vehicles produced and sold in North America. The Pontiac G6 Sedan will be the first to receive the badge. For the 2006 model year, the badge will appear on:

Buick: Lucerne, LaCrosse, Terraza
Chevrolet: Impala, HHR, Monte Carlo, Cobalt, Uplander, Corvette/ZO6
Cadillac: SRX, XLR, DTS
Hummer: H3
Pontiac: G6, Torrent, Montana, Solstice
Saturn: Relay

This move links the GM corporate brand with its family of vehicle brands, including Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, Saab and Saturn. It supports our recently introduced "Only GM" advertising campaign in the U.S. to communicate the story of the unparalleled values our company can offer to consumers, including the standard offerings of OnStar and Stabilitrak on all U.S. vehicles by 2006. With that said, I want to be clear, the divisional brand is what we sell and will remain the focal point of our communications, and will receive the vast majority of our resources. However, the GM brand has a complementary place in our portfolio in a similar way that the GM logo is on your sign, below the divisional brand logo.

The GM badge is a promise of trust to our customers, reflecting our commitment to deliver the best value to them. Our own studies show that consumers place a tangible value on the General Motors name. They like knowing that the car or truck they're driving benefits from GM's global expertise in powertrain, design, engineering, and advanced electronics. We believe the time is right to capitalize on those impressions, starting in North America.

The name "General Motors" speaks to people and the GM badge conveys an important message to consumers. It is a name people trust. We've been in business nearly 100 years and we're the global sales leader. Seeing that GM badge on vehicles evokes our heritage of leadership and makes an easy connection between our great lineup of vehicle brands and the company behind them.

The GM badge will take the form of a small silver square, embossed with the GM logo, placed on both sides on an appropriate location between the front and rear wheels above the rocker and below the glass belt line.

As most of you are aware, this is not the first time a GM emblem has been included on our vehicles. While GM has approached corporate badging in a variety of ways throughout its history, it has been part of the company's heritage to visually incorporate its corporate identity into its vehicles.

Today, we want customers to associate the GM name with safety and security and GM's long-term commitment to quality and industry leadership. And, we believe the visual placement of the GM badge will remind consumers of the strength only a global company like GM can bring.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:48 AM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,247 Likes on 1,668 Posts

it is small and should be easy to take off. i'm sure this will be the new 1st mod for many 2006 vette owners.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:50 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Item #2 to take off after a dealer sticker.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:30 PM
curvesman
Safety Car

Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified 2020

Being the new 2006 Z06 will not have Onstar like ALL GM 2006 vehicles they should leave the badge off also!
Old 04-13-2005, 04:39 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

"The name "General Motors" speaks to people and the GM badge conveys an important message to consumers. It is a name people trust."

I am 32 years old and to me GM stands for poorly designed and substandard quality cars. (I don't have any interest in trucks or SUVs)

GM is the antithises of what this country stands for - a company that has rested on it's laurels for three decades. An exeptional automobile made by GM (the Corvette, Cadillac CTSV) is a very rare exception, and far from the norm.

Design better cars and keep your stinkin badges.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:57 PM
flood
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah I saw a pic of the GM badge on a Vette.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:16 PM
CarolVettes
Pro

Location: Do you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in Paris?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Oh Man... Gimme a break..
Old 04-13-2005, 06:21 PM
sd7ss
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Default More newspeak....

Originally Posted by Ken Fichtner
April 12, 2005
Starting this month, General Motors' corporate emblem will begin appearing on all recently-introduced and all-new 2006 vehicles produced and sold in North America.

It supports our recently introduced "Only GM" advertising campaign in the U.S. to communicate the story of the unparalleled values our company can offer to consumers, including the standard offerings of OnStar and Stabilitrak on all U.S. vehicles by 2006.

The GM badge is a promise of trust to our customers, reflecting our commitment to deliver the best value to them. Our own studies show that consumers place a tangible value on the General Motors name. They like knowing that the car or truck they're driving benefits from GM's global expertise in powertrain, design, engineering, and advanced electronics. We believe the time is right to capitalize on those impressions, starting in North America.

The name "General Motors" speaks to people and the GM badge conveys an important message to consumers. It is a name people trust. We've been in business nearly 100 years and we're the global sales leader. Seeing that GM badge on vehicles evokes our heritage of leadership and makes an easy connection between our great lineup of vehicle brands and the company behind them.

Today, we want customers to associate the GM name with safety and security and GM's long-term commitment to quality and industry leadership. And, we believe the visual placement of the GM badge will remind consumers of the strength only a global company like GM can bring.
I think I'm gonna be sick again.....

When are these people going to realize that just hanging a GM emblem on the car isn't going to improve the bottom line......????
Old 04-13-2005, 06:48 PM
GN1270
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be willing to bet it was supposed to go on coffee mugs or something like that for GM execs and instead of ordering 1k units, someone ordered 1 million and they have to dump em somewhere.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Mike04
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmvette
it is small and should be easy to take off. i'm sure this will be the new 1st mod for many 2006 vette owners.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:55 AM
RWSjr
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Badges? What Badges? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGES!
Old 04-14-2005, 04:13 PM
Cambria
Racer

I think they are getting ready to drop some models and maybe lines and put everything under the GM Name
Old 04-14-2005, 05:34 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

You'd be the coolest dealer in the world if you took them off the vettes, do you put a dealer sticker on your vettes?
Old 04-14-2005, 08:26 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll be happy to leave it on all my vehicles

You people who think all the foreign crap is perfect
Old 04-14-2005, 08:56 PM
tolnep
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
GM is the antithises of what this country stands for - a company that has rested on it's laurels for three decades.
I hate to tell you. I'm a little older. I think that GM is a pretty good reflection of this country.. gimme my free drugs and health care, a lack of attention to detail, a lack of concern for future products and customers, a bury-your-head-in-the-sand view of future trends, old factories, rust-belt mentality. Once its built and bought a 'see you later alligator' attitude about continued customer support. brain-dead management.... little or no pride in what you produce as long as some sucker buys it.... I guess there are a few other cars that GM makes that I might be interested in .. sorta.. the Vette is the only real exception to the GM rule as far as I am concerned...
Old 04-14-2005, 09:09 PM
cbgpe
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Default don't let them put a dealer sticker on

Originally Posted by scorp508
Item #2 to take off after a dealer sticker.
I always refuse to let them put a sticker on in the first place BUT will guide potential customers to the dealer IF he treats me right.
BTW first on his list for a ZO6 at MSRP
Old 04-14-2005, 09:16 PM
intel55
Le Mans Master

ahahh GM is on the verge of collapse and they do this? lol. GM needs to get bought out by Toyota.
UAW is going down with them. GM needs to kill some lines like buick, pontiac, etc

GM's days are numbered. Junk status soon for it's bonds and the dividend is about to be cut.
C6 might be the last Vette

Get notified of new replies

To 2006 Corvette Z06 Badging Announcement

Old 04-14-2005, 09:16 PM
Burg
3rd Gear

"The GM badge is a promise of trust to our customers, reflecting our commitment to deliver the best value to them."

Maybe if my 5 year old Intrigue's engine didn't break, resulting in a brand new engine to be placed in at a cost of $9,000, with out any support/help from GM, I might believe that.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:29 PM
CorvetteMusic
Heel & Toe

Default I Agree Intel55

GM has continued to make horrible business decisions and is starting to really pay the price. I am getting flyers weekly now trying to lure me in for a new Suburban or Tahoe. It is costing me over $60 to fill the tank now on my 02' Tahoe. So what does GM announce they are going to do a week ago? Focus on SUV's. ???? They just don't get it. They have enormous dead-weight fixed costs thanks to the UAW. It will break my heart if their demise and likely bankruptcy spells the end of the Corvette
Old 04-14-2005, 09:50 PM
boxerperson
Instructor

they wont go out of business. file for bankruptcy protection, maybe.

I think the pontiac line might get absorbed into chevrolet, and the pontiac cars might be the new SS versions of the standard chevy vehicles.

They all run on the same platforms...and this move would give the "SS" badge a lot more recognition, since the cars run on the same platform but look different. It'd cut costs and increase profits as well....

Buick is going to die.

Quick Reply: [Z06] 2006 Corvette Z06 Badging Announcement