Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Faster than 3.7 sec launch to 60???

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Ferretts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blandcastle
So mr know it all, how many lambos have you driven and when did you drive an 06 Z? I haven't driven one either,but a friend of mine owns 2 lambos. It may be put together better but they are no faster than a new Z. Now you can spout off all day about how great they are but you are forgetting about the maintenace which is about 10 times per whata Z is, plus all the bull you have to go thru to get one. I am not a millionaire, but even if I was, I would get the Z. Just for the simple fact that when I buy a performance car, the first thing it has to do is perform! And I can get world class performance for a fraction of the cost and maintenance with a new Z. hey look, I just gave a economics class.
Lamborghinis raely break down. My brother is part of a company who rents lamborghini gallardo, ferrari 360, bentley continental gt, and porsche 996 turbo cabriolet. The lamborghini is by far the best car out of the bunch. There have been zero reliability issues(unlike the ferrari) and lamborghinis dont have any notorious problems such as column lock, rocking seat, leaking battery, oil consumption, or wheel hop. The only problem that it ever had was that the rear wing wouldnt go down which was taken care of within a week by the engineers at Lamborghini, in Italy! They value customer service over there. They spent hours upon hours to get a wing to move down 2 inches. Would anyone in bowling green work that hard for one customer on an issue as small as that? No, the dealer chevy dealer would most likely fubar the situation.
And if you want a true performance car, why not rip out the interior, it will give you better performance. Obviously we are two differnt people. You just want a car to be the fastest so you can brag that you have the fastest thing out there. Most other people on the other hand want to enjoy there cars with great performance, and they would like to do so in a nice interior with and amazingly beautiful styling. How many people turn there heads to see a corvette, 1 out of 10? 10 out of 10 people turn there heads to get a look at a lamborghini becasue it is that beautiful. And have you ever heard a Lamborghini at 8000 RPM? It is the most amazing sound you will ever hear. And it is cool to go out in a lamborghini and just cruise knowing that someone spent hours out of there life to make one part of your car. Not some machine stitching your seat or hydroforming your frame. As i said before 2 differnt sides of the spectrum.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:34 PM
GeneCamaro
Racer

Originally Posted by Ferretts
Some of you guys have to be kidding me. So what if the murci will be slower to 60, but who the hell races to 60 mph? its a pointless statistic that i never understood and probably never will. 0-60 is more about the sticky tire and better driver will win, not true power of the car. And while all you are beginning to say the corvette will out perform the Lambo, obviously none of you have driven one, or even the new Z. Comeon lets chime in here, how many people have ran into a lamborghini on the streets with ther C6 Z06?

Even the gallardo will probably beat the Z in most catagories, maybe not straight line performance that lasts less then 12 seconds on most occasions, but there is more to life then those first 60 mph and 1320 ft. The gallardo tops out at 200 mph +, and still can handle turns on the highways upwards of 170, doing this very stabley. and if you dont believe me, there is video proof of this 200 mph gallardo run.
And another thing about the lambo is that it is made much better then any corvette ever. They are all handbuilt with the highest quiality materials and machines with some of the best workers in the car world.

And for you who will start that thing about the lambos being 8 times more expensive and the vette still keeps up with it, i agree. The vette is a world class sports car, but its not a lamborghini. And there are those of you who say that if you mod a z06 it will kill the lambo, your probably right, until the lambo starts to mod back.Then it will be a different story. There is a twin supercharged lambo puttin 700 to the ground and still raping t-88 supras on the highway.(more video proof) And the highway is the Supras favorite place.

The corvette (any current model) is no match for any current lamborghini right now. No matter how you look at it, the corvette will always be second to lamborghini, unless GM decides to step up the quality and stops mass producing them.
<yawn>
Old 06-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Guru_4_hire
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Lamborghinis raely break down. My brother is part of a company who rents lamborghini gallardo, ferrari 360, bentley continental gt, and porsche 996 turbo cabriolet. The lamborghini is by far the best car out of the bunch. There have been zero reliability issues(unlike the ferrari) and lamborghinis dont have any notorious problems such as column lock, rocking seat, leaking battery, oil consumption, or wheel hop. The only problem that it ever had was that the rear wing wouldnt go down which was taken care of within a week by the engineers at Lamborghini, in Italy! They value customer service over there. They spent hours upon hours to get a wing to move down 2 inches. Would anyone in bowling green work that hard for one customer on an issue as small as that? No, the dealer chevy dealer would most likely fubar the situation.
And if you want a true performance car, why not rip out the interior, it will give you better performance. Obviously we are two differnt people. You just want a car to be the fastest so you can brag that you have the fastest thing out there. Most other people on the other hand want to enjoy there cars with great performance, and they would like to do so in a nice interior with and amazingly beautiful styling. How many people turn there heads to see a corvette, 1 out of 10? 10 out of 10 people turn there heads to get a look at a lamborghini becasue it is that beautiful. And have you ever heard a Lamborghini at 8000 RPM? It is the most amazing sound you will ever hear. And it is cool to go out in a lamborghini and just cruise knowing that someone spent hours out of there life to make one part of your car. Not some machine stitching your seat or hydroforming your frame. As i said before 2 differnt sides of the spectrum.
They turn their heads cause you dont often see a wedge of cheese on the highway. Same reason you look when you see anything not normally seen. People stop and stare at trainwrecks too.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:37 AM
DJCCorvette
Instructor

Originally Posted by Trance Guru
Sorry Dude, I Love Vette's, but no way it makes it 3.7!! Murcielago's hit the 3.6 - 3.7 mark and its far and away a superior car. Maybe 3.8/3.9 at best.
your smoking crack, I know a friend that did work at the Corvette Plant and he drove a 2004 Z06 and it went 0-60 in 3.86 seconds and trust me another 100 horses you should be able to do the math.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:59 AM
boxerperson
Instructor

If this were a ***** forum, you'd all be bragging about how yours is bigger.

This is silly.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:42 AM
blandcastle
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

if your brother is acquainted with the lambos, then how much does a regular scheduled maintenance cost? Thats right about 6k a pop. Every 3000 miles.now a z will cost about $100 tops because of the 8 qt oil resevoir and the mobile one you add. oh and thats every 300 as well. Hmmmmm I'll take the Z!
Old 06-12-2005, 09:22 AM
korvetkeith
Melting Slicks

You people are delusional, the C6 Z06 is gonna make both lambos look like the overweight sleds that they. Neither one has a power to weigh ratio advantage over the C6 Z06.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Zeppelin
Le Mans Master

I'm always confused when people start comparing Vettes to Lamborghinis and Ferraris.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:19 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

i know your brother very well as do i know noah. i didn't know rob had a brother. let me tell you that i've wrecked several 360 CS's. And while i've never directly raced the gallardo yet when we shipped our cars to vegas the CS wrecked the gallardo to 185. tell your brother i'll race the gallardo any time. and in the new Z i'll crush him. I know this, rob knows this, Noah knows this. would i rather have the gallardo over the new Z? probably not. But i'd take the 360 CS over it. But I know how your brother hates ferrari's so I asume you're in the same boat.

EC4Life
Old 06-13-2005, 03:50 PM
GeneCamaro
Racer

Originally Posted by korvetkeith
You people are delusional, the C6 Z06 is gonna make both lambos look like the overweight sleds that they. Neither one has a power to weigh ratio advantage over the C6 Z06.
LOL exactly. On top of that the Z06 was developed along side the C6R.... and the C5R was a beast of a platform for racing.

All the reliability talk is nonesense. Lambo makes a handful of cars, which don't see any real life miles mostly. Corvettes do. They take a beating and keep on going. A lot of vettes are sunday cars too but there is a good amount of daily drivers out there.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:02 PM
steve burns
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waiting for GT500.................. 450-500 hp...0-60 under 4.0,
expected price about 42,000.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:46 PM
korvetkeith
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by steve burns
On the subject of sleds lol, that pig is supposed to weigh 3850lbs. There is no way in hell its hitting 60 in under 4 seconds. It might be marginally faster than a standard C6.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:04 PM
YukonCornelius
Instructor

Originally Posted by steve burns
That car will never make it under 4. Test Shelby's have been over 4 with the 475 HP. They're just too heavy.

That being said, it's still one hell of a bargain! Not a bad lookn' car, either.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:46 AM
Jhodel
Racer

What's wrong with bragging about our cars? It's an absolute sports car tradition - and part of the fun!

Especially, when a 'lowly' Domestic car is as fast as the new Z06 is going too be. The car has everything a Supercar needs - horsepower, handling, big brakes, light weight, and grip. All for $65,000.

Euro car fans (and some of my fellow Viper owners) had better start working on their excuses now, because this new 'it's still just a Chevy' is going to kick some serious a$$.

Jim

Quick Reply: [Z06] Faster than 3.7 sec launch to 60???