Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] With GM Laying Off - Effect on Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 03:43 PM
lt1george
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robertpel9
When they make a product that is desireable and reliable i'll buy it. That is the corvette to me and is why i have two and will add a C6 Z06 when i finish up grad school next spring God willing. Sorry but i am not Unamerican becuase the American Daily drivers are ugly POS' that fall apart, depreciate like mad, etc. When it came time to buy my last daily driver i bought a used benz for about the price i could have bought a new impala for. Why did i buy the used benz instead. One i like the way it looks MUCH better and two i have had good experiences all around with them, three it drives way better than most domestics as well. The car is bullet-proof has needed nothing and i mean nothing not even an oil change in the year i've owned it (You go about 10-12k between changes and still get 300,000 miles out of the engine) and for all you oil experts, save it, i stick to what the manufacturer asks me to do and it works fine. Plus in two more years when i am sick of the benz i'll sell it for 75% or more of what i paid for it. What would have happened if i bought a new chevy or ford instead. More than likely it would have been in the shop numerous times getting poor service and inconveniencing me. The driving experience would not be as nice and in two more years when i was sick of that i'd take a bath financially, no thanks.

Beofre you flame me realize that i run three manufacturing plants for a living. We are using lean tools (Basically the Toyota Production System) in everything we do and we are very successful. The strong survive and i'm not supporting crappy American products just be cause they are american. If they made a product that was equal then yes that may swing my vote. They don't by and large so i don't support them. Too bad. As for losing my job i dont worry about that. If you are educated and talented there will always be good work. Thats why i am now in Grad school at Emory and working full time so i can further my skills. I'm not concerned about my future employment because there are some skills you can take anywhere. A company doesn't own me.
Bob, Wishing you the best, you sound like an outstanding young man, but being young and no family(children) you'll find you still have alot to learn about life and working in todays world.
Who do you think taught the japanese quailty priciples and lean manufacturing...... Charles Demming, an American, unfortunatly we didn't response to his teaching.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Mvfvette1
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by robertpel9
When they make a product that is desireable and reliable i'll buy it. That is the corvette to me and is why i have two and will add a C6 Z06 when i finish up grad school next spring God willing. Sorry but i am not Unamerican becuase the American Daily drivers are ugly POS' that fall apart, depreciate like mad, etc. When it came time to buy my last daily driver i bought a used benz for about the price i could have bought a new impala for. Why did i buy the used benz instead. One i like the way it looks MUCH better and two i have had good experiences all around with them, three it drives way better than most domestics as well. The car is bullet-proof has needed nothing and i mean nothing not even an oil change in the year i've owned it (You go about 10-12k between changes and still get 300,000 miles out of the engine) and for all you oil experts, save it, i stick to what the manufacturer asks me to do and it works fine. Plus in two more years when i am sick of the benz i'll sell it for 75% or more of what i paid for it. What would have happened if i bought a new chevy or ford instead. More than likely it would have been in the shop numerous times getting poor service and inconveniencing me. The driving experience would not be as nice and in two more years when i was sick of that i'd take a bath financially, no thanks.

Beofre you flame me realize that i run three manufacturing plants for a living. We are using lean tools (Basically the Toyota Production System) in everything we do and we are very successful. The strong survive and i'm not supporting crappy American products just be cause they are american. If they made a product that was equal then yes that may swing my vote. They don't by and large so i don't support them. Too bad. As for losing my job i dont worry about that. If you are educated and talented there will always be good work. Thats why i am now in Grad school at Emory and working full time so i can further my skills. I'm not concerned about my future employment because there are some skills you can take anywhere. A company doesn't own me.
Your comparisons regarding new vs. used cars and their depreciation, etc., etc. are plain stupid. I've bought used American cars in the past, driven them for a couple of years and sold them for more than 100% of what I've paid for them. Depreciation on new and used vehicles cannot be compared. Buy a new Mercedes and see how that depreciates. Congratulations for having no problems in the few miles you've driven your car. You stated in your post that you have not changed the oil yet, so you obviously haven't even put 10,000 miles on it yet. So now that car is bullet proof? I'm not saying that German cars aren't well built, but if you think reliability is one of their strong points, you'd better wake up. Maybe I'm lucky, but I have never had any major problems with my American cars (including a 320,000 mile Olds Trofeo with the original untouched engine and transmission). Maintain your equipment like you are supposed to and there is much less chance for problems.

Last edited by Mvfvette1; 11-22-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:04 PM
vette6799
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Polar_Bear
How'd you know I smoked???

As far as your comment about statistics- I heartily agree: (omg, I'm quoting myself!)

Exhibit one- GM and Ford earn record number of segment wins record number of segment wins in JD powers vehicle dependability survey. link.

Exhibit two- 2005 Initial Quality Study. "Toyota Motor Corporation and General Motors Corporation, the two largest automobile manufacturers in the world, capture 15 of the 18 top model segment awards, according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2005 Initial Quality StudySM (IQS) released today." Link.

Exhibit Three: Customer Service Study. since this is such a pet peeve in this forum. "With a CSI score of 915 (on a 1,000-point scale), Lincoln ranks highest in customer satisfaction with dealer service, receiving a record-setting high CSI score for the second consecutive year, according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2005 Customer Service Index (CSI) StudySM released today." Lexus scored fourth, behind Cadillac and Saturn. link.

Bottom line- statistically- American cars are more than competitive. Anecdotally, I can agree with those numbers. ;>)
Just a lucky guess on the smoking part of the comment.

I hate to admit to being even partially wrong. When I went to the links, the products with the highest satisfaction ratings were Buick and Cadillac. Remember, these are relatively low production models. Chevrolet, the big boy on the block which I would guess represents a large percentage of GM sales, is below the industry average.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:09 PM
Deep Blue
Racer

Originally Posted by lt1george
Bob, Wishing you the best, you sound like an outstanding young man, but being young and no family(children) you'll find you still have alot to learn about life and working in todays world.
Who do you think taught the japanese quailty priciples and lean manufacturing...... Charles Demming, an American, unfortunatly we didn't response to his teaching.
Not to mention Daimler is in nearly as much trouble as GM if you read the business and automotive journals.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...7001_mz001.htm

Quality on Mercedes has gone down while The Chrysler side of the house is finally moving towards the black with the release of the 300C, Charger, etc. We also forget that Nissan, which has been on a roll as of late, was on the ropes some years back. If GM can get some determined leadership in there to start the turn around and weather the storm in the meantime, we could see a similar story.

Last edited by Deep Blue; 11-22-2005 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:29 PM
robertpel9
Safety Car

Received 173 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Mvfvette1
Your comparisons regarding new vs. used cars and their depreciation, etc., etc. are plain stupid. I've bought used American cars in the past, driven them for a couple of years and sold them for more than 100% of what I've paid for them. Depreciation on new and used vehicles cannot be compared. Buy a new Mercedes and see how that depreciates. Congratulations for having not problems in the few miles you've driven your car. You stated in your post that you have not changed the oil yet, so you obviously haven't even put 10,000 miles on it yet. So now that car is bullet proof? I'm not saying that German cars aren't well built, but if you think reliability is one of their strong points, you'd better wake up. Maybe I'm lucky, but I have never had any major problems with my American cars (including a 320,000 mile Olds Trofeo with the original untouched engine and transmission). Maintain your equipment like you are supposed to and there is much less chance for problems.

I was not compaing depreciation of new vs used. That was more of just a comment on how i think buying new cars is stupid to begin with.

I have put 9,000 on the benz and it is fine and will continue to be so. I had it up on the lift the other day and everything looks good, no problems appear to be on the horizon.

Anyway my overall point is i'd much rather be driving a used mercedes than a new chevy. New vs New for the same price i'll take a Camry, TSX, Accord, Etc before i look at an impala.

On the way home i saw exactly what i was thinking about when writing these threads, someone driving a new Malibu. It looks like crap, the inside is complete trash and i know another co-worker with one that has had nothing but problems with his. Again there are exceptions but my demographic (Upwardly mobile 20 somethings with disposable income to spare) are not buying new domestic daily drivers. I LOVE the corvette heck i am on my 5th and i am only 28 (2 are in my garage now) but i am not buying american cars just to buy american. Make something i like and can count on and i'll buy it.

Hey George i see you ar ein Rochester. I went to RIT, hows the winter going so far??

Anyway we all have opinions. I think the fact most younger buyers (Who have the most years of car buying in front of them) are not interested in buying GM's outside of Vettes, Caddies, etc spells doom for the company long term. I hope i am wrong, i doubt i am.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:19 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Polar_Bear
Here's a novel concept- design and build cars folks actually want to buy. GM's got some winners in the portfolio (Corvette, obviously), but by and large they're getting steamrolled in the passenger car market by 'Yota, Honda, and Co.
Instead of laying off the guys and gals, bring them over to the BG assembly line and ramp up the Z06 line. Move the Cadi line somewhere else and make all the Z06s folks could and would purchase. In other words, meet the demand.

Here is a car folks can't get (waiting line) which drive up demand and price.

Instead of making 1 out of 7, make 2 out of eight. This way everybody wins.

The price of the Z06 goes down to MSRP or less, every dealer and customer that wants one, gets one.

Too logical. Let's make more SUVs and Trucks that sit on the lot for months. Wait until the next gas crisis next year, and watch companies that cannot or will not give the public what it wants, fold.

My Z06 is an economy car. 26.5 mpg average over 1000 miles. Just about right for a hybrid SUV, except they get less.

Every truck and SUV should be offered in a Hybrid form, but also have a alternative fuel switch that allows E85 or E0 fuel. Geez, imagine battery powered, ethanol burning SUVs.

We could someday become independant of the oil cartels.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:52 PM
robbin
Advanced

Sure, built by the elves from the Black Forest.
I know it doesn't matter to you but back in the early 70's I sold Corvettes at the largest Corvette dealer in the USA. (Palmyra Motors Inc.) Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, Chrysler/Plymouth, Winnebago Motorhome Dealer and also I forgot to mention Rolls Royce (Largest US dealer also). I saw and sold so many fine cars. One day a older German gentleman came in, he was visiting family in Western N.Y and stopped in to look around at our dealership. I had a enjoyable talk over the owners wife 450SL that was on the floor for sale right next to a brand new Chevrolet Caprice. I asked the fellow what he perferred, his native German cars or American cars.....he looked at me and then the new Caprice ...he walked next to the Caprice and in his German accent, touching the Caprice, he said "dos is a fine American car,much more reliable then German cars. That was true then and true now. Keep your fine German cars, I'll drive my American cars anyday and everyday as long as I live.This is what used to make America Great.Save the Wave.>George PS Dude, Hondas and Toyotas are not American cars.
Unfortunately delaers are a big part of the issue as well. The service levels, fair treatment by the dealers (not constantly scamming for an unfair extra 200-400 with some cheap trick) makes a difference. My wife won't even take our older gm car to the dealer for service after the bad results and insolent attitude she has endured; she sings the praises of Toyota, free loaner car, honest assesment of the problems, prompt service and fixes etc. By far the biggest issue for me even considering a vette after years of porsches, bmws, mercedes, and even a viper and an 04 z06 (where again service was an issue causing me to get rid of the car quickly) is the dealer/service network. Gm has lost a lot of customers one by one with simply bad sales/service and patriotism shouldn't have to mean sub par ownership or purchase experience--in addition to products that it many cases are demonstrably inferior in handling braking and quality costs to the foreign competition in the sedan/minivan segment that will continue be a large percentage of the overall market--not just large SUV's and trucks.

Last edited by robbin; 11-22-2005 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:54 PM
steve burns
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default great idea!!

Originally Posted by Jim Hall
Instead of laying off the guys and gals, bring them over to the BG assembly line and ramp up the Z06 line. Move the Cadi line somewhere else and make all the Z06s folks could and would purchase. In other words, meet the demand.

Here is a car folks can't get (waiting line) which drive up demand and price.

Instead of making 1 out of 7, make 2 out of eight. This way everybody wins.

The price of the Z06 goes down to MSRP or less, every dealer and customer that wants one, gets one.

Too logical. Let's make more SUVs and Trucks that sit on the lot for months. Wait until the next gas crisis next year, and watch companies that cannot or will not give the public what it wants, fold.

My Z06 is an economy car. 26.5 mpg average over 1000 miles. Just about right for a hybrid SUV, except they get less.

Every truck and SUV should be offered in a Hybrid form, but also have a alternative fuel switch that allows E85 or E0 fuel. Geez, imagine battery powered, ethanol burning SUVs.

We could someday become independant of the oil cartels.
Pretty novel idea..but right on!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:31 PM
boxerperson
Instructor

You sir, are incredibly INCREDIBLY biased, and a prime example of why many europeans don't have a high opinion of us. Anyone who believes that there isn't going to be a massive shortage of oil within the next 10-15 years has their head stuck in a hole, right along with all those folks that think hydrogen powered cars are going to fix all our troubles.

(somebody had to say it. Better it comes from a 21 year old college student, so he can rub it off as inexperience or ignorance and avoid having his pride bruised)

Last edited by boxerperson; 11-22-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:10 PM
SteveJ
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robbin
Unfortunately delaers are a big part of the issue as well. The service levels, fair treatment by the dealers (not constantly scamming for an unfair extra 200-400 with some cheap trick) makes a difference. My wife won't even take our older gm car to the dealer for service after the bad results and insolent attitude she has endured; she sings the praises of Toyota, free loaner car, honest assesment of the problems, prompt service and fixes etc. By far the biggest issue for me even considering a vette after years of porsches, bmws, mercedes, and even a viper and an 04 z06 (where again service was an issue causing me to get rid of the car quickly) is the dealer/service network. Gm has lost a lot of customers one by one with simply bad sales/service and patriotism shouldn't have to mean sub par ownership or purchase experience--in addition to products that it many cases are demonstrably inferior in handling braking and quality costs to the foreign competition in the sedan/minivan segment that will continue be a large percentage of the overall market--not just large SUV's and trucks.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the Z06. The reality is that unlike Porsche, Mercedes, and BMW, not all Chevrolet dealers are qualified to work on the Corvette. I can't speak for the Viper and Dodge dealers, but I would bet the same situation holds. The best way to find a local dealer qualified to work on a Vette is to contact your local Corvette club. I am in no way justifying the situation, but that's the way it is. If I lived in a small town far away from a major metropolitan area with a selection of Chevy dealers, I would not even think of owning a Vette.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:25 PM
vetteship
Safety Car

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by allanlaw
Bowling Green and the special engine plant are not on the list as far as I can tell, but my guess is this will have a negative effect on development of limited production cars in the near future - similar to the reason the C4 stayed in production so long. We love the Corvette (what's not to love), but it is not a big piece of GM's overall business, or even North American vehicle production, and will not bring it back to profitability no matter how many Blue Devil-type projects are actually produced. They need to sell tuns of light trucks, SUV's or their replacement, and those regular sedans that we sometimes rent at Hertz or Avis.
As long as Vettes are selling well, there should be no ill effect on production. GM needs to improve on the "bread and butter cars". I wouldn't put too much into the SUV segment, quality 4 and 6 cylinders sedan for the masses will make GM bounce back. Let's face it everybody else in the business is after the Camrys and Accords, GM need to take notice before the Korean car mfg beats them to it (the new Sonata looks almost like the Accord). As for the Vettes, they are selling well, no need for major R&D money. Simply fix the annoying gremlins, increase warranty to 4Yr/50K miles, add free scheduled maintenance (during warranty period) and this will more than do the trick. For fit and finish is not the best but most corvette buyers can live with that issue.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:17 AM
Polar_Bear
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by boxerperson
You sir, are incredibly INCREDIBLY biased, and a prime example of why many europeans don't have a high opinion of us. Anyone who believes that there isn't going to be a massive shortage of oil within the next 10-15 years has their head stuck in a hole, right along with all those folks that think hydrogen powered cars are going to fix all our troubles.

(somebody had to say it. Better it comes from a 21 year old college student, so he can rub it off as inexperience or ignorance and avoid having his pride bruised)
And we care whether the Europeans have a high opinion of us? (I can say this- I was born a stones throw away from Mercedes's Headquarters). I sure the heck don't- maybe someone else does, and they could explain why.

I don't think we will have a massive oil shortage in 10-15 years... maybe. The oil biz has a history of cycles, and the cheap oil we're waving goodbye to was, to a large degree, the cause of our troubles today. Pretty simple- no return, no investment. None of us have a crystal ball, so it's impossible to tell whether we will... or won't.

As far as being incredibly biased- maybe he is, but no moreso than folks that mindlessly buy an import, blathering about quality this or reliability that, without checking into the facts of the matter. In my 120 home subdivision, we're the only home that has exclusively American Iron in the garage and the driveway. Biased? Fine, I can live with that.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:01 AM
lt1george
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by boxerperson

I got to laugh at this one big time. I been thur 2 "gas shortages" heard the same story more than once about oil. I started driving and gas was 26.9 sold my 70 Lt-1 Corvette because gas hit(Sunoco 260) 56.9 in late 73.They said gas would dry up in 20 years.....NEVER GOING to happen. There is more GAS than we will be ever able to use. It is the oil companies that have us all bu**sh*ted.Oh yea, I didn't forget about our "good friends" in the Middle East who will f**k us evryday because of their love for America. And my young friend don't forget who paid and set up all the oil pumping stations in the Middle East. Every damn pipe says Pittsburgh,Pa...Made in the USA.Save the Wave.>George
Old 11-23-2005, 01:47 AM
Polar_Bear
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As an aside, I can tell there's a lot of younger posters on the forums- and that's a good thing. They seem to be intelligent, educated, and passionate- all things that will serve them well in the future. The younger generation also has a habit of bringing a fresh perspective to any problem on the table- we older guys tend to become creatures of habit.

On the other hand, we older guys bring a lot of experience along with us. A few decades (in my case, a lot of decades) of life experiences taught us valuable lessons you can't learn in the finest schools in the country. It is one of the few advantages of growing older.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:03 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

I don't think so I wouldn't want a car that was put together by workers with low morale who know they will be axed sooner or later. They won't care.... The pay is the same so...
Old 11-23-2005, 02:05 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by f430
Maybe he's saying "bye" GM.
He is saying hello FORD
Old 11-23-2005, 05:05 AM
solid dobe
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21

Default Truth

Originally Posted by Mvfvette1
Buying Honda or Toyota (even the ones made in this country) is not buying American. Where are the profits going? Right back to the homeland. And I'm not saying that all of the profits of GM cars stay in this country, but a much greater percentage of them do. Even GM cars made in Canada have a much higher US part content than Hondas and Toyotas made here.

Here's another thing about the foreign car plants in our country. Do you think they came here for their love of America? Have you ever seen the massive tax incentives that these companies received to built plants here? The labor costs of the employees working in these plants is being paid by American tax dollars, for years, before a penny comes out of the pocket the manufacturers. Their plants are built from steel from the homeland and financed through foreign institutions.

I am in agreement regarding the unions. While I think unions were an important part of American history in creating a solid middle class, they have way too much power now and are hurting US auto makers. No one should be making $70 - $80k to put screws into plastic, plus have full medical and a full pension.

Get notified of new replies

To With GM Laying Off - Effect on Z06?

Old 11-23-2005, 08:29 AM
seayzo6
Instructor

We will never run out of oil. Peak Oil is an Oil Industry "SCAM". Click on link below to find out why.
http://www.vialls.com/wecontrolamerica/peakoil.html

GM wants to break the unions. That is why they won't design better products. GM can't be that stupid. They pay millions to attract the brightest minds in the game. Once they move production out of this country, you will see that they can compete very well against the foreign auto companies.

The name of the game is to bankrupt the company to break the unions. Restructure the company without the influence of the unions.

Wake up people. They are destroying your beloved country because of corporate greed. If another world war starts, we won't have the manufacturing infrastructure to build massive amounts of tanks and battle ships to win the war. Do you want to rely on foreign countries to supply all of the steel? How about relying on the foreigners to build our war machine?

Some of you simply won't get it until it's too late. Once again, wake up. Stop believing the propaganda. Stop relying on the Main Stream Media to get your current event news. You're already on the internet. Use it to enlighten yourself. Alternative news is the answer. It's not government controlled. OK, I'm off my soap box now.

Last edited by seayzo6; 11-23-2005 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:56 AM
lt1george
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by seayzo6
We will never run out of oil. Peak Oil is an Oil Industry "SCAM". Click on link below to find out why.
http://www.vialls.com/wecontrolamerica/peakoil.html

GM wants to break the unions. That is why they won't design better products. GM can't be that stupid. They pay millions to attract the brightest minds in the game. Once they move production out of this country, you will see that they can compete very well against the foreign auto companys.

The name of the game is to bankrupt the company to break the unions. Restructure the company without the influence of the unions.

Wake up people. They are destroying your beloved country because of corporate greed. If another world war starts, we won't have the manufacturing infrastructure to build massive amounts of tanks and battle ships to win the war. Do you want to rely on foreign countries to supply all of the steel? How about relying on the foreigners to build our war machine?

Some of you simply won't get it until it's too late. Once again, wake up. Stop believing the propaganda. Stop relying on the Main Stream Media to get your current event news. You're already on the internet. Use it to enlighten yourself. Alternative news is the answer. It's not government controlled. OK, I'm off my soap box now.
Thank you,Thank you,Thank you. Corporate Greed, from Exxon/Mobil to GM and every major company in America. You think Rick Wagnor cares about GM....be real, he cares about his high paying job and the boys club at GM.The club he's wacking us with. Just answer me this, all the plant closing and GM picks Oshawa(the jewel assembly plants in North America)(no heath care in Canada)to shut down. ????? Not one truck plant was touched. What's wrong with that picture.$$$$$$$$ GM still figures the people will buy trucks and not cars....so that tells you right there GM is not investing in cars. Just like GM giving away the rear wheel drive market, now the car market........all planned in advanced. Can't make enought money on cars...so lets put it to the people on trucks....they'll buy them no matter what the price of gas. GM might just be a truck company in the future. Who cares about cars ! Save the Wave.>George
Old 11-23-2005, 09:07 AM
robertpel9
Safety Car

Received 173 Likes on 47 Posts

Thank you,Thank you,Thank you. Corporate Greed, from Exxon/Mobil to GM and every major company in America. You think Rick Wagnor cares about GM....be real, he cares about his high paying job and the boys club at GM.The club he's wacking us with. Just answer me this, all the plant closing and GM picks Oshawa(the jewel assembly plants in North America)(no heath care in Canada)to shut down. ????? Not one truck plant was touched. What's wrong with that picture.$$$$$$$$ GM still figures the people will buy trucks and not cars....so that tells you right there GM is not investing in cars. Just like GM giving away the rear wheel drive market, now the car market........all planned in advanced. Can't make enought money on cars...so lets put it to the people on trucks....they'll buy them no matter what the price of gas. GM might just be a truck company in the future. Who cares about cars ! Save the Wave.>George

If thats their plan they really are screwed because every day i see more and more Toyota trucks. Nissan and Honda are catching on too.

Like i said before all i care about in relation to GM is the Corevtte Brand. The rest of the company could disappear and i could care less (now i know The Corvette will go before that happens). It is an inefficient, out of touch, slug of a company. Survivial of the fittest and GM is a fat overweight pig.

Quick Reply: [Z06] With GM Laying Off - Effect on Z06?