Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Z06 Service in Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 07:38 PM
jayrb
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Z06 Service in Los Angeles

I've now had the beast for a week and continue to be extremely impressed. For those of you in SoCal, I have this question: where do you feel comfortable taking your Z06 for service (routine or otherwise)? I've never had a good experience with local dealers on service for my C5, and I've read some horror stories here about sketchy dealers and techs.

JB
Old 03-31-2006, 07:44 PM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

No problems yet, but I dread the day I do.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:50 PM
MagicMtnDan
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe Rydell Cadillac in the SFV will service it for you?
Old 03-31-2006, 10:05 PM
Vindication
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

watch what you say Greg.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:52 PM
Torched
Melting Slicks

See Rick Adams at Rydell Chevrolet in Van Nuys. The service manager is Rick Guzman. I explained to both of them how **** i am about my 02 Z and expect NO joyrides and scratches ECT. I have never had a problem with them. Both ricks are good guys and if you meet both and explain how you want your Z to be treated you will get good service. Tell them Torched on the wood blocks sent you. I have a deposit on a 07 Z from another dealer and will be talking it to Rick. Hope this helps. I always set a trip to 0 to see if i can trust em.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:47 PM
C6 XPLOSVE
Advanced

Originally Posted by jayrb
I've now had the beast for a week and continue to be extremely impressed. For those of you in SoCal, I have this question: where do you feel comfortable taking your Z06 for service (routine or otherwise)? I've never had a good experience with local dealers on service for my C5, and I've read some horror stories here about sketchy dealers and techs.

JB
jayrb,

I had a terrible experience with a dealership close to me, so I take my car to LAPD for all my routine maintenance. Talk to Shawn or Al when you go in or call. They do all my oil changes and performance work and are great when paying close attention to raising/lowering my C6.

Forget the stealerships and go to a place that specializes and you will be much happier.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:29 PM
jayrb
Cruising

Default Thanks for the LAPD lead

What is the ballpark cost at LAPD for basic maintenance work?
Old 04-03-2006, 04:04 AM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by C6 XPLOSVE
jayrb,

I had a terrible experience with a dealership close to me, so I take my car to LAPD for all my routine maintenance. Talk to Shawn or Al when you go in or call. They do all my oil changes and performance work and are great when paying close attention to raising/lowering my C6.

Forget the stealerships and go to a place that specializes and you will be much happier.
Don't let this post steer you wrong see the people i recommended you won't be disappointed.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:32 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If you need warranty work, Rydell Van Nuys is about as good as you can get from a GM dealer - they will get the job done and not break anything else while they fix the immediate problem. They do get a little tight on free rental cars, but the new transit system running through the Valley makes it somewhat easier to get to where you need to go after you drop off the car. By the way, Rally Chevy in Palmdale did a good job for me in an emergency, but it may be too far away for anything routine.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Calif Vetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Torched
See Rick Adams at Rydell Chevrolet in Van Nuys. The service manager is Rick Guzman. I explained to both of them how **** i am about my 02 Z and expect NO joyrides and scratches ECT. I have never had a problem with them. Both ricks are good guys and if you meet both and explain how you want your Z to be treated you will get good service. Tell them Torched on the wood blocks sent you. I have a deposit on a 07 Z from another dealer and will be talking it to Rick. Hope this helps. I always set a trip to 0 to see if i can trust em.
Donny Yorke @ Rydell Northridge. He's a Corvette guy and Goes to extra lengts to insure that Vettes have only the proper tech's working on them. Outside of my mechanic this is the only Chevy dealer that has done work on my C4 and my C5. Warranty
I'm sure that The Guys in Van Nuys are good too.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:25 PM
L.A.P.D.
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06

Originally Posted by jayrb
What is the ballpark cost at LAPD for basic maintenance work?
jayrb,

It really depends on what you want done. Email us or call us so we know what you are looking to have done and we will give you the cost for each.

Thanks!

Shawn

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Service in Los Angeles

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 Service in Los Angeles