Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] The Ls7 And Nitrous Let's Talk!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 07:53 PM
Slow Vette
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NitrousOutlet
What size shot? And what fuel are you running? Stock motor?

We recommend never running a TR-6 plug, and the reason why, is it could cause a misfire. This happens because the ground strap practically becomes a glow plug, because it cannot dissipate all the extra heat when you are on the spray. The way you counter this, is by going with a non-projected tip plug which in turn helps shorten the path for all the heat being absorbed by the ground strap.

-Lance
its completely stock motor ls7 with just K&N intake, currently tuned on 93 with a 125 wet shot. i'm running tr6 plugs, and thinking of upping it to a 150 shot.

my tuner recommends going to BR7's. i looked online, and their are several type's of BR7's. what plugs would you recommend? if i up to a 150, i won't go any higher on stock motor.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:55 PM
Slow Vette
Drifting

Originally Posted by KLLRVET
I run BR7EF's, but you'll have to tune for the colder plug
yes, Jeremy Formato is coming down at the end of this month, so i'll have him re-tune my nitrous tune. it sucks because im slower on motor now
Old 05-20-2015, 10:47 AM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
its completely stock motor ls7 with just K&N intake, currently tuned on 93 with a 125 wet shot. i'm running tr6 plugs, and thinking of upping it to a 150 shot.

my tuner recommends going to BR7's. i looked online, and their are several type's of BR7's. what plugs would you recommend? if i up to a 150, i won't go any higher on stock motor.
NGK BR7EF (2 Steps Colder)

yes, Jeremy Formato is coming down at the end of this month, so i'll have him re-tune my nitrous tune. it sucks because im slower on motor now
The LNC-2000 is exactly what you need. That way you got the power in the car on motor and it will pull the timing when your system is armed. Once he cleans up your tune, have him just put an N/A tune in it and then just have the LNC pull the timing.

-Lance
Old 05-20-2015, 01:40 PM
Slow Vette
Drifting

Originally Posted by NitrousOutlet
NGK BR7EF (2 Steps Colder)

The LNC-2000 is exactly what you need. That way you got the power in the car on motor and it will pull the timing when your system is armed. Once he cleans up your tune, have him just put an N/A tune in it and then just have the LNC pull the timing.

-Lance
Thank you for all the info Lance. i'll relay all this to my tuner, and see what he says.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:06 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Thank you for all the info Lance. i'll relay all this to my tuner, and see what he says.
Sounds good man

-Lance
Old 05-20-2015, 10:16 PM
v8sten
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 134 Posts

What about doing the "trick" where you wire a relay parallel with the IAT sensor and run a resistor instead of the iat once the nitrous is activated. run a resistor to where the computer sees an IAT well above normal operating temps and then build your nitrous tune there. so when its not activated it drives like it should with the IAT, then once activated itll flip the relay and BAM there's the nitrous tune.

Quick Reply: [Z06] The Ls7 And Nitrous Let's Talk!