Z06 10.89 @129.43 Stock with Halltech tune - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06
General info about GMs Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

10.89 @129.43 Stock with Halltech tune

Old 12-07-2006, 11:25 AM   #41
Ranger
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Just for the record, there are no drag radials in 19" diameter. So every single DR anyone will mount on the C6Z will give a very minor, more favorable final drive ratio. Same was true with the C5Z. Net effect of that is marginal. What does improve is traction, a little less so if Torque Management is present and still comes into play.

Just a thought.

Ranger
Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:18 PM   #42
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY427
Jim,

Have you ever tried running the F1P45Z without oil. Maybe this would be a nice compromise. The dry 2 Stage element would likely filter better than a dry Race F1 and make more power than the stock filter everywhere in the rev range.

What do you think? TIA
Yes, it has been tested this way, and it bumps HP 6.7 RWHP/ 2 ft. lbs torque, which is just slightly less than the RACE filter at 10 RWHP/8 ft. lbs.

Oiling the filter, however, is the only way to get good filtration with foam. In fact, the filtration is superior to all other types of media when oiled properly. The compromise is that the oiled foam must be maintained more often than the paper type of filter.

Want ultra high performance? The RACE F1P30Z Foam and honeycomb filter cannot be beat throughout the powerband:

Halltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:49 PM   #43
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Default Fastest Z06 in the country without engine mods?

There are two schools of though here. Open up Wayne's hood, and his stock LS7 AIS begs the question, is this motor stock? We'll the answer is yes and no. The motor has never been touched. In fact, you would never know Wayne has changed anything unless he showed you his time slip! Even his dealer would be hard pressed to see any differences from the stock Z06. If Wayne had our EMAILTUNE package, he could easily return the programming to stock in 5 minutes, and the F1 filter back to stock in 10 minutes.

Programming, primarily defeats some of the measures GM has installed to keep the LS7 from reaching its potential. Many torque management timing reductions and fuel shutoffs are redundant and make little sense from a performance standpoint.

Air fuel ratios for the Z06 at maximum rpm are 11.2:1-11.5:1, which are typically seen in supercharged cars that are without intercoolers to help stave off detonation. Why on the Z06? Why does the air fuel ratio then degrade further into the sub 10:1 ratio when the exhaust sees more O2 than expected? Why does the timing go south to 7 degrees advance when air temps go up? Good fuel, especially E10 and higher octane, will keep knock away better than any TM measures. If you have ever considered putting 91 Octane in your Z06, then you are losing 15 or more HP due to automatic Low Octane Table delegation. California, shame on you. I used to live there, I know the fuel problem. I have the answer.

For over 1 year, we have been programming the Z06 with very successful results. Many of my counter-measures do not show on the chassis dyno, especially if one anomalistic good pull shows up when the car has been dynoed stock. Usually this happens on a cool, sub 86 degree day, with the motor cooled down and no TM kicking in at all. Stock pulls of 460+ have been seen, but what about the other pulls?

Programming for that Z06, may only net 6 or 7 RWHP compared to the best pull, but compared to the other runs done on that day will show 13 to 15 more RWHP. Consistancy is the key.

What can you expect to see with our Stage 1 package? If you dynoed at 448/420 the way our car did back in Oct. 05 (best of 10 pulls by LG Motorsports), we picked up major numbers at 477/448 with just programming in Jan. 06, and another 10/8 with the RACE filter. Customer Vipervetteguy had our cloned Stage 1, and added LG Headers(catless), and dynoed 496/471. That is crazy power, and will likely send your Z06 into the weeds during a powershift from 1st to 2nd. Ask anyone who has our Stage 1 onboard.

So is Wayne's Z06 the fastest stock Z06 in the country at nearly 132 mph? Ranger is the quickest, and is definatley showroom stock.

What do you think?

Jim Hall
Old 12-07-2006, 07:23 PM   #44
stingray427
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hall
I think what is truely interesting is that Wayne experimented with taking the stock PowerCore filter out of his AIS and ran slower than with our F1P30Z RACE Filter. Same speed, which indicates that the 8 to 10 HP gain from the F1 is the same as running without the filter, only much safer.

We have 1" of foam in the F1P30Z, which if oiled, will hold dust and dirt, but not as well as a stock filter. The biggest disadvantage is, if it is oiled, the dirt and dust buildup will require you to clean the filter and reoil it with each engine oil and filter change.

The Halltech PowerCore LS900 replacement "High Flow Street Filter" is the best overall street alternative for long distance and maintainence free driving. Our F1P45Z, has better filtration than any of the filters, when oiled, but has no more power than the stock filter, until very high rpm, where it shines over stock.

Jim
Is the LS900 filter available? I didn't see it on the Halltech site. It sounds like a good compromise. If used with the Stage 1 package, does it use the same tuning parameters as the stock filter?
stingray427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:04 PM   #45
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray427
Is the LS900 filter available? I didn't see it on the Halltech site. It sounds like a good compromise. If used with the Stage 1 package, does it use the same tuning parameters as the stock filter?
Yes, it is available through Corvette Garage and Zip Products. It is actually a very good alternative, equivalent in power to our 2-Stage Foam Filter, but needs less servicing.

Same tuning as stock. Actually, no tuning is required for any of our filters. The RACE Filter actually helps bring the fat air fuel ratio in line on the stock LS7, and will bring 12 to 14 RWHP to the table.

Last edited by Halltech; 12-07-2006 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:13 AM   #46
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Default One more?

Any chance you will be going back tomorrow?
Old 12-10-2006, 01:41 AM   #47
Icebourg
CF Senior Member

Jim, your information gets better and better every time I research for a good tuner for my ZO6. I just got my laptop upgraded and purchased a jumpdrive for it. Your tune sounds like a great Christmas present from SANTA!!
Icebourg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • [Z06] 10.89 @129.43 Stock with Halltech tune
  •