Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] pretty disenchanted with my z

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimman
Discussion is fine but when someone makes a statement of implied fact, that I have problem so everyone has a problem and it’s do to poor quality control. Some will take offence to that and that is part of the discussion. I always get a chuckle out of someone making negative comments about something but yet can’t do it themselves. Your motor problem is one of three that I heard directly about, so with those figures that’s less than .02% some manufactures would kiss the ground for those numbers. Now about yours is it true you track the car and someone asked you about your transmission problem care to comment?
Whether or not he tracked his car should be irrelevent. The Z06 is advertised as being track ready and capable of being a daily driver as well. This was a big consideration when I bought mine. I expect, no - I demand, GM to live up to that promise.

I do agree that the number of C6 Z06's with serious problems is statistically insignificant, unless you are one of the small sample that has such problems.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:56 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by Exterminator
Whether or not he tracked his car should be irrelevent. The Z06 is advertised as being track ready and capable of being a daily driver as well. This was a big consideration when I bought mine. I expect, no - I demand, GM to live up to that promise.

I do agree that the number of C6 Z06's with serious problems is statistically insignificant, unless you are one of the small sample that has such problems.
So, now when a car meets your standrads of what you bought it for are met you love the car.

The OP probably bought the car for a DD an/or Sunday cruiser, so the things they posted about are important.

Last edited by BlaznZ06; 05-01-2007 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:59 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

Originally Posted by Futfixr
And .......then there are some that will destroy any car they drive because of their inadequate driving skills, which then get dismissed as the fault of the manufacurer.

I also think some people can out drive CERTAIN aspcects of the car.

Example ....Seeing low oil pressures through a turn is an alarming thing. Single digit pressures.

Some people don't even know what kind of car they purchased. They just read about it and don't explore it.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:02 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

You can't be serious to think that GM is going to give a 100,000 mile warranty on a race car and track would imply that. Track ready does not mean that is can be raced.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:05 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

You can't be serious to think that GM is going to give a 100,000 mile warranty on a race car and track would imply that. Track ready does not mean that is can be raced.
Go back and watch your introduction CD for the Z and count how many times the video is at the track and they discuss the track abiliteis of the is car. GM has talked about this non-stop for this car. Thats is too why I bought one.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:08 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BlaznZ06
Go back and watch your introduction CD for the Z and count how many times the video is at the track and they discuss the track abiliteis of the is car. GM has talked about this non-stop for this car. Thats is too why I bought one.
That's a test track a ton of cars go through that. God the race teams will go nuts over that, free support.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

That's a test track a ton of cars go through that. God the race teams will go nuts over that, free support.
OMG, you can't be serious. Careful, you are displaying your ignorance of GM's advertising for the C6 Z06.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Performance Junkie
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give us the facts not I heard from someone who heard from someone else. How many produced and how many failed. I've talked to all the Z06 owners here in our community and none have had a single problem. So as far as I'm concerned car is pretty damn good.

just search the forum then buy a denali...rearrange the words and there is your Denial
Old 05-01-2007, 02:44 PM
stano
Safety Car

Thanks Exterminator.

I'm just not blinded by a brand or a particular car. I'm fortunate enough to buy and drive what I want and can look at each car for its pros and con, IMHO.

The reason is really simple......THERE IS NO PERFECT CAR.

The OP has he's points about not liking a car vents about it and gets hit by the loyalists like his opinion was wrong and everyone else is right.

That, I don't get.
Actually I'm with you as far as being brand loyal. I'll buy what I want.

The problem I have is that a warranty covers any and all issuse's. That's what it's for. Just like most products we buy have one. Or a gauantee anyway.

It's not GM's fault the dealer does substandard warranty work. No checks and balances causes poor work to go out of their shop. We should'nt accept it. Complain to the dealer. It's the dealer not supporting GM like they should. Period.

As far as the headers go, if you walk into my restaurant and leave with my food, add something to it after you've left, call and complain because it doesn't taste right....I'll tell you to take a hike too. You think I'm kidding that that hasn't happened before

Peace
Old 05-01-2007, 02:52 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

Originally Posted by stano
Actually I'm with you as far as being brand loyal. I'll buy what I want.

The problem I have is that a warranty covers any and all issuse's. That's what it's for. Just like most products we buy have one. Or a gauantee anyway.

It's not GM's fault the dealer does substandard warranty work. No checks and balances causes poor work to go out of their shop. We should'nt accept it. Complain to the dealer. It's the dealer not supporting GM like they should. Period.

As far as the headers go, if you walk into my restaurant and leave with my food, add something to it after you've left, call and complain because it doesn't taste right....I'll tell you to take a hike too. You think I'm kidding that that hasn't happened before

Peace

People will do the same to me. I do a service the leave and call back 3 years later wanting money back.

But, if you consistantly serve orders that are mess'ed up how many customers do you think you'll keep? For Stano, this is a metaphor for GM having quality issues and losing customers.

I am a huge fan of the Z, but for what I want it to do I don't trust it.

Last edited by BlaznZ06; 05-01-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:56 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

Go back and watch and then comment. You'll see that your wrong.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:59 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

OMG, you can't be serious. Careful, you are displaying your ignorance of GM's advertising for the C6 Z06.
Text in owners manual outline procedures for racing true but read the rest of the paragraph, it tells you to see warannty book. There it states in bold letters racing not covered. I know you're on a race track but you're not racing............
Old 05-01-2007, 03:49 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

Text in owners manual outline procedures for racing true but read the rest of the paragraph, it tells you to see warannty book. There it states in bold letters racing not covered. I know you're on a race track but you're not racing............
Watch the DVD and not the owners manual.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Futfixr
Burning Brakes

I also think some people can out drive CERTAIN aspcects of the car.

Example ....Seeing low oil pressures through a turn is an alarming thing. Single digit pressures.

Some people don't even know what kind of car they purchased. They just read about it and don't explore it.
True, so true.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:58 PM
blandcastle
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Foosh
Birrclan, I think you should buy a Lexus. You likely wouldn't be happy with a Ferrari, Lambo, or Porsche, either. True performance cars often have issues, and yours are relatively small.
I have just over 13k miles on mine. I had the rear end issue, but nothing else. It sits in the sun sometimes and I live in florida, so that must be a hit and miss thing. However for the money, this is the best new car buy I have ever seen. NOTHING will touch this car on the planet for this kind of money. When you talk about performance AND luxury together, it is the overall winner by a large margin. It can beat almost any car, and it is very comfortable while you are doing it...oh and all the while getting 27 mpg...top that.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by blandcastle
I have just over 13k miles on mine. I had the rear end issue, but nothing else. It sits in the sun sometimes and I live in florida, so that must be a hit and miss thing. However for the money, this is the best new car buy I have ever seen. NOTHING will touch this car on the planet for this kind of money. When you talk about performance AND luxury together, it is the overall winner by a large margin. It can beat almost any car, and it is very comfortable while you are doing it...oh and all the while getting 27 mpg...top that.

Right on...
Old 05-01-2007, 06:15 PM
O7zeeO6
Racer

The more I read what people has posted in this thread, the more I realize that some has forgotten why GM or any car maker or any manufacturer of anything is in the business of manufacturing! TO MAKE MONEY! Simple rule of economics. Not to make flawless cars, satisfy the whiners, or even for the fame. If a product sells more than what the manufacturer recommends, who cares what's wrong with it!! Put yourselves in the CEO's shoes. Would you spend your resources trying to fix a firgin ash tray issue, if people are paying up to $20K+ over MSRP for a Z06 RF edition? You probably will not keep your job very long if you do.

People just have to accept the fact that the budget for this car was spent in making it go crazy fast and making those exotics looks silly for asking for so much money for theirs that can't even keep up with the Z. And to still make money while doing this, GM had to cut cost on things that doesn't make it go fast, like the firgin ash tray design. Those people who feels that an $80K car should not have these types of flaws I think are really missing the whole point. If you want a flawless car, pick up where GM left off, spend $20K on the interior, paint, etc. and still cost less than most comparable exotic car in the same performance level.

And how many of us whiners (yes me too) still find the Vette to be a bargain despite all the negative things that has been mentioned about it? I'd say enough for GM to ignore some of the minor flaws that the car currently has and concentrate on those that do affect it's performance and reliability; the things that will keep majority of Z06 buyers and potential buyers continue to buy Z06's knowing that the ash tray doesn't close.

This is my second post so it's my total 4 cents worth

Get notified of new replies

To pretty disenchanted with my z

Old 05-01-2007, 07:12 PM
dbhajek
Pro

I get the whole GM scrimping on certein things to make the C6Z06 a bargian price supercar, like the interior. I dont mind it in my C5Z06 and I wont mind it in my C6Z06.

What I do think is even the parts they scrimp on should work. I dont care how cheap the ashtray is it should stay closed.

I still wont one and will buy one.

Thants my two cents

P.S. O7zeeO6, have a good friend, in your neck of the woods, that has a Z06, he just picked up a orange 07 and before that had a black 03 name of Mark.

Originally Posted by O7zeeO6
The more I read what people has posted in this thread, the more I realize that some has forgotten why GM or any car maker or any manufacturer of anything is in the business of manufacturing! TO MAKE MONEY! Simple rule of economics. Not to make flawless cars, satisfy the whiners, or even for the fame. If a product sells more than what the manufacturer recommends, who cares what's wrong with it!! Put yourselves in the CEO's shoes. Would you spend your resources trying to fix a firgin ash tray issue, if people are paying up to $20K+ over MSRP for a Z06 RF edition? You probably will not keep your job very long if you do.

People just have to accept the fact that the budget for this car was spent in making it go crazy fast and making those exotics looks silly for asking for so much money for theirs that can't even keep up with the Z. And to still make money while doing this, GM had to cut cost on things that doesn't make it go fast, like the firgin ash tray design. Those people who feels that an $80K car should not have these types of flaws I think are really missing the whole point. If you want a flawless car, pick up where GM left off, spend $20K on the interior, paint, etc. and still cost less than most comparable exotic car in the same performance level.

And how many of us whiners (yes me too) still find the Vette to be a bargain despite all the negative things that has been mentioned about it? I'd say enough for GM to ignore some of the minor flaws that the car currently has and concentrate on those that do affect it's performance and reliability; the things that will keep majority of Z06 buyers and potential buyers continue to buy Z06's knowing that the ash tray doesn't close.

This is my second post so it's my total 4 cents worth
Old 05-01-2007, 08:07 PM
bfrazelle
Intermediate

Default Disappointed Z06 owner

I know you're dissapointed with the car not being perfect, but read one of the european car mags discussing the supercar club warranty membership problems. A $200k Lambo going thru 7 clutches in a few months, not to mention the $30k depreciation the club took driving it off the lot. That puts your problems in perspective! The Z is faster than a $200k Ferrari that "important people" wait for for 2-3 years, and Ferraris have their problems also. Forget the recommended Lexus - great car, disconnected to the driver though. Try an E55 or E63 Mercedes - unbelievable quality, loads of thump, but forget it in the corners! Look over the warts on the vette, and grin when you hit the accelerator and take a curve.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:33 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you run slicks? Depends who's tracking it if it's track ready. When parts on you body fail that is something to worry about cars are just always going to have problems.

Quick Reply: [Z06] pretty disenchanted with my z