Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Shootout on the Airstrip in Sweden- Z06 Vs the World - Resaults and thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 04:58 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Yaroslav
You are the man Jim!

With such acceleration Z06 would destroy any car in Gustav`s video!
Once again i have intake,headers,exhaust,tune,cam,ported TB by LPE
And i`m not near by this car....Really its not funny at all

Even Enzo has weaker acceleration.Stop drugs
Oh trust me amigo, you'll know when a Z06 is on that monkey (nitrous) Its like now you see, and now you don't

NO STOCK SUPER CAR will be able to keep up; not even modified 1000cc motorcycles

Take it from me, I've handed out a few platters at the "all you can eat kick butt buffet"

Thanks
Old 06-19-2007, 05:14 PM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dxbsuperstar
no m6 can beat a zo6 if u shift fast to 5th then those bmw's cant catch up...

check this out..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zKFxecs3u...elated&search=
Interesting !! Over Speed Warning After what speeds do you get that??
Old 06-19-2007, 05:21 PM
dxbsuperstar
Instructor

120km/h
Old 06-19-2007, 05:34 PM
0David_Yu
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Yaroslav
You are the man Jim!

With such acceleration Z06 would destroy any car in Gustav`s video!
Once again i have intake,headers,exhaust,tune,cam,ported TB by LPE
And i`m not near by this car....Really its not funny at all

Even Enzo has weaker acceleration.Stop drugs
Aha! So you sent them over to get them done, did you? What about your intake manifold and heads?
Old 06-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Zlicious
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the arguing for regarding the M6? Congaman beat it everytime. If the race went past 300 km/h, then maybe it would have lost, but the race didn't go past 300 km/h, and the Z06 won.

Also, Congaman isn't the fastest shifter (as you can hear), and he would lose ground racing the SMG. What I am trying to say is that if there was a really competent driver in the seat of that Z06 against that same M6 on that day, the M6 wouldn't even pass at 300 km/h because the Z06 would have been even further ahead at 260 km/h.

Just my .002..
Old 06-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Ranger
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Zlicious
Also, Congaman isn't the fastest shifter (as you can hear), and he would lose ground racing the SMG. What I am trying to say is that if there was a really competent driver in the seat of that Z06 against that same M6 on that day, the M6 wouldn't even pass at 300 km/h because the Z06 would have been even further ahead at 260 km/h...
I suspect that by the time next year's airfield event rolls around, Congaman will be shifting gears faster than any Corvette auto-tranny. It's all about technique and practice, practice, practice.

Ranger
Old 06-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Yaroslav
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by David_Yu
Aha! So you sent them over to get them done, did you? What about your intake manifold and heads?
intake is on the way here.not sure about the heads...only +20hp and much headache
Old 06-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by Congaman
Well....I asked for a LPE or Katech Z06 on this forum.....I sent e-mails to Lingenfelter and some other of the big tuners.....didn't even get an answer....exception was Jim Halltecch who really did a good job by delivering the KB and tune on very short notice just so I would be able to get this set up in time for the race......Jim is a true enthusiast....don't know about the others....

Did you send ME and email and I didn't answer you? If so, please PM or call me or re-send the email.

Originally Posted by Congaman
I'd say that the American companies haven't yet understood the impact of these races and the Internet....

Other way around with the European companies.....I'll give you some examples......

Two RUF Porsches participated during the race yesterday......during the day Aloise Ruf himself called just to get information on how "his" cars did....This is the owner of probably the most prestigious Porsche tuner in the world!!

Also.....the R8 was driven to the race by the Audi sales manager in Stockholm.....he had orders from HQ not to race the car against anything but a stock regular Porsche....Why?...'cause Audi knew that their brand couldn't take the bad will coming from videos showing how their most prestigious car got it's b*tt kicked over and over and over and over again.....

I hope this will be a wake up call for the American tuner companies....American car makers are having problems right now....but the Z06 deserves and is getting more and more respect over here in Europe....even among the most hard core euro sports car lovers....so why not take the chance for some cheap but still really efficient commercials for your products,,,thus finding new markets???? I hope to see y'all next year Lingenfelter, Katech and who ever......
Trust me, we're listening.

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 06-19-2007, 08:52 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

I have heard MN6 gearing mentioned in this thread and how it is not suited to top speeds in the ZO6. A company named G Force makes 5th & 6th gear ratios designed to address this issue. Factory ratios are 5th/.74 and 6th/.50. One G Force gear option is 5th/.80 and 6th/.70 which will help someone looking at improving high speed performance. IMHO, this mod would unleash some top speed potential and remove the handicap of factory gearing for owners that wish to explore the 200 mph+ range. I have not seen any C6 ZO6 posts on Corvette Forum with this mod and I wonder have any of you researched this?
Old 06-19-2007, 09:49 PM
mcm
Racer

Originally Posted by NemesisC5
I have heard MN6 gearing mentioned in this thread and how it is not suited to top speeds in the ZO6. A company named G Force makes 5th & 6th gear ratios designed to address this issue. Factory ratios are 5th/.74 and 6th/.50. One G Force gear option is 5th/.80 and 6th/.70 which will help someone looking at improving high speed performance. IMHO, this mod would unleash some top speed potential and remove the handicap of factory gearing for owners that wish to explore the 200 mph+ range. I have not seen any C6 ZO6 posts on Corvette Forum with this mod and I wonder have any of you researched this?
Do you know what's involved in making this change? Would they basically rebuild the gearbox completely? I wonder what the costs are.. this would be interesting to me. I like the 6th gear for cruising but I've noticed there's not a huge difference, fuel efficiency wise, between trundling around @ 75mph in 5th vs 6th, so a 0.70 top gear would probably still allow great long range cruising mileage.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by mcm
Do you know what's involved in making this change? Would they basically rebuild the gearbox completely? I wonder what the costs are.. this would be interesting to me. I like the 6th gear for cruising but I've noticed there's not a huge difference, fuel efficiency wise, between trundling around @ 75mph in 5th vs 6th, so a 0.70 top gear would probably still allow great long range cruising mileage.
Yes, basically a gearbox rebuild.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by NemesisC5
We need details. This would definately increase performance in 5th. 6th is a dead gear anyway except for fuel mileage.

Links?
Old 06-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by Jim Hall
We need details. This would definately increase performance in 5th. 6th is a dead gear anyway except for fuel mileage.

Links?
I dont think they've updated their website, but they are a G force dealer.

http://www.rsgear.com/
Old 06-19-2007, 10:15 PM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jim Hall

Links?
Yes i agree this would be a great option to explore, how expensive do you think rebuilding of 5th gear be? But besides worse mileage in this gear is there any other drawback to this?
Old 06-19-2007, 10:16 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mcm
I was quoted last week by RPM transmissions(Supporting Vendor) on their Level V setup with "Cryo Treated and Micro Polished" heavy duty internals with the G Force gears for about $2900(with exchange of your transmission). Labor to R&R would be about an additional $250-500 depending on who does the install. This is something I plan on doing late summer/early fall along with other drivetrain upgrades
Old 06-19-2007, 10:41 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by KILR-RYD
Yes i agree this would be a great option to explore, how expensive do you think rebuilding of 5th gear be? But besides worse mileage in this gear is there any other drawback to this?

One drawback besides fuel economy, the G Force gears make more noise than factory gears. Definetely some tradeoff for the performance. I personally have not rode in a car with this setup but have been told that it's noticeable. Below is a link to a post from a CF Supporting Vendor with the G Force gear setup but a 3:73 diff gear running up through the gears quite quickly to almost 200 mph. The first link in his post has the video of the 200 mph run. This short video clip may give you an idea of the feel of the usable 6th gear for high speed runs

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...06&postcount=1

http://www.rpmtransmissions.com/

http://www.gforcetransmissions.com/

Last edited by NemesisC5; 06-19-2007 at 10:47 PM. Reason: added link to RPM & G-Force
Old 06-19-2007, 11:37 PM
MauricioZ06
Instructor

damn how many hp does that vette have it pull like a street bike... i think we all need that 6th gear

Get notified of new replies

To Shootout on the Airstrip in Sweden- Z06 Vs the World - Resaults and thoughts

Old 06-20-2007, 12:06 AM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MauricioZ06
damn how many hp does that vette have it pull like a street bike... i think we all need that 6th gear
700+ rwhp C5. Joel, the owner is quite the "video guru" of closed course driving. From spanking Hayabusas & Lambos on high speed desert runs to spirited runs carving through the canyons in california to running laps at Fontana. He definetely enjoys his Corvette and shares it with many through his videos. Some on CF and others at Corvettekillstories.com

Last edited by NemesisC5; 06-20-2007 at 12:29 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:10 AM
RussRamz
8th Gear

Originally Posted by vrybad
Russ,
You are saying your car dynoed 445rwhp AFTER the mods?
That seems like alot of hp loss for a manual car.
Is the 570 hp an estimate of flywheel hp?

I can understand the Z06 pulling you if you were at that rwhp number, but I agree, I think you would have taken him on the top end.
Those M6's are real top-end monsters.

I'm curious, and maybe I missed it, but what did it dyno before the mods, if you had it done?

Your car certainly does move, very nice ride!
I'd be really proud to drive an M6!

Wish I could take the trip out there to see the next shootout, who knows!
I took a look at the dyno charts that were provided and it seems they stuck in a 'rough' 20% loss for the drivetrain. I may have mentioned it before, but German tuners don't focus much on Dyno charts other than to get a rough estimate of performance gains. Based on actual performance of my car, I 'estimate' the gains to be a little better than advertised
Old 06-20-2007, 11:39 AM
markbrown
Burning Brakes

ok someone get this done NOW and report back ASAP!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Shootout on the Airstrip in Sweden- Z06 Vs the World - Resaults and thoughts