Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Shootout on the Airstrip in Sweden- Z06 Vs the World - Resaults and thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 09:36 AM
TeddyFreddy
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KILR-RYD
somehow this race doesnt make sense, the M6 was stated as having 445 rwhp which means it had a 20% loss which doesnt sound right..

Also M6 is more like 500 lb heavier than the Z06 it shud have been chopped into pieces by the Z06, how come it stood there just like the SLR did??
This M6 has more power, it's tuned to 570 HP (crank).
Also it has a very good 7-speed SMG transmission, with one dry clutch controlled by computer, so no slushbox huge losses there.

The extra weight of the M6 is compensated by these:
1. More power
2. Superior transmission
3. Better traction/launch
Old 06-18-2007, 09:50 AM
RussRamz
8th Gear

Default A short introduction

Hello Gentlemen,

I am the owner of the M6 that was videotaped in Sweden recently. I thought I would make myself available here on the forum to answer any questions you all might have.

First off--I was wanting to buy either a Ford GT or a Z06. Ford stop selling them after I returned from Iraq, and Chevrolet stopped selling their cars via diplomatic/military sales. BMW earned my cash.

I had the car tuned by a company called Kelleners-Sport here in Germany. They are not marketed well, but they certainly know BMW's. The car was given two dynos. The pre-dyno showed 500 ps and 480 nm torque. The post dyno was 562.7 ps and 552 nm torque. Germany isn't all that big on dyno testing--not like it is in the states. They do a rough dyno then run them on tracks to get the true performance measurement. In the states, I believe the paperwork trail is more detailed (at least for dyno stuff).

Congaman has a very fast car and is a gentleman as well. I thought he did a great job against me and all the other cars at the airfield that day. I look forward to the sportsmanship and the races next year.

Like I said--I love the vette and would love to have one in my possession. CHEVOLET--Are you listening??? Bring back military sales!!!

Best wishes to all of you

Russ
Old 06-18-2007, 10:06 AM
camarodoctor
I ♥ My Corvette
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RussRamz
Hello Gentlemen,

I am the owner of the M6 that was videotaped in Sweden recently. I thought I would make myself available here on the forum to answer any questions you all might have.

First off--I was wanting to buy either a Ford GT or a Z06. Ford stop selling them after I returned from Iraq, and Chevrolet stopped selling their cars via diplomatic/military sales. BMW earned my cash.

I had the car tuned by a company called Kelleners-Sport here in Germany. They are not marketed well, but they certainly know BMW's. The car was given two dynos. The pre-dyno showed 500 ps and 480 nm torque. The post dyno was 562.7 ps and 552 nm torque. Germany isn't all that big on dyno testing--not like it is in the states. They do a rough dyno then run them on tracks to get the true performance measurement. In the states, I believe the paperwork trail is more detailed (at least for dyno stuff).

Congaman has a very fast car and is a gentleman as well. I thought he did a great job against me and all the other cars at the airfield that day. I look forward to the sportsmanship and the races next year.

Like I said--I love the vette and would love to have one in my possession. CHEVOLET--Are you listening??? Bring back military sales!!!

Russ
I was in the same boat about 6 months ago. The best mil/dip sales could do for me was about $87K on an M6 or $75K on an M5. Initially I decided to supercharger my LS2 GTO, but all along I really wanted a Z06. I ended up ordering a U.S.-spec 2007 Z06 (including shipping to Rotterdam) for less than MSRP.

I did come pretty close to pulling the trigger on an M6, however. If I hadn't already blown a chunk of change on the GTO (supercharger, LT headers, valvetrain, suspension, big brakes, wheels, tires, etc.), I may have re-considered the M6. I'm glad I went with the Z06, though. I can always put headers and supercharge it for around $7K and bring it to the event next year.

BTW, nice car Russ. I've enjoyed watching your autobahn videos...
Old 06-18-2007, 10:32 AM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Hello Gentlemen,

Russ

Russ, your car is kickazz and I am going to recommend this setup to my friend who is getting his M6 in oct/nov time frame..

But the video that was posted said the car had 445 rwhp thats what I am talking about..Everyone is pointing out that the car is making 570 @ crank, but i already knew that since i had read on the M5board.

Accoridng to these calculations, the rwhp of the M6 would mean a drivetrain loss of 20% which doesnt sound right for the M6's superior SMG gearbox..So thats what i marked incorrectly on the video which throws people like me off, anyhow i figure your power levels were about 30 higher than vettes at about 535-540ish which would mean that the higher weight is almost compensated for, after a little more calc, i figure your car reacted almost like it should and that was phenominal..

Awesome car..I cant wait to get my Z06 and have a friendly match with my friend's M6..

Last edited by KILR-RYD; 06-18-2007 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:43 AM
RussRamz
8th Gear

Russ, your car is kickazz and I am going to recommend this setup to my friend who is getting his M6 in oct/nov time frame..

But the video that was posted said the car had 445 rwhp thats what I am talking about..Everyone is pointing out that the car is making 570 @ crank, but i already knew that since i had read on the M5board.

Accoridng to these calculations, the rwhp of the M6 would mean a drivetrain loss of 20% which doesnt sound right for the M6's superior SMG gearbox..So thats what i marked incorrectly on the video which throws people like me off, anyhow i figure your power levels were about 30 higher than vettes at about 535-540ish which would mean that the higher weight is almost compensated for, after a little more calc, i figure your car reacted almost like it should and that was phenominal..

Awesome car..I cant wait to get my Z06 and have a friendly match with my friend's M6..

I am not sure where the 20% drivetrain loss came from. That might have been an estimation on the part of others. I didn't provide that information to anyone. I just posted my dyno's and nothing else.

I'm disappointed I didn't get a chance to re-race the CGT (he had an early launch on me) or race the SLR at all (he left early). I made some assumptions that are now haunting me. I wish I had done more racing, but it was a long and hot day. We could have probably used another day in the mix.

I love the Z06 and wish on days that I am at the 'ring I could have one. My beast understeers which currently is my next project until I have the means to get a Z06 of my own.

I have to say I love the sound of American muscle. People commented a lot about my car and the noise, but that deep grunt of the Z06 and the supercharged Viper is awesome--at least it is to me

As for your friend who is grabbing the M6... Tell him to get in touch with me and I'll point him in the right direction.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:48 PM
DJ'sZ
Burning Brakes

What an incredible group of cars for sure...would love to have been there to enjoy a true car enthusiasts day of fun in the sun...

RussRamz, welcome to the Corvette Forum...you have an incredible car that runs very strong and sounds incredible. The M6 was the very first car I had a chance to play with on my way down to the Texas Mile event, after purchasing my '07 Z. Being lighter and him having a passenger it was not much of a match...though he tried many, many times.

Good luck with next year and all the fun in between...
Old 06-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Ranger
In post #1 on this thread, Congaman gave an overview of the Kelllners M6....570 HP

Ranger
Congaman's Z06 is also 570 HP with our Stage 1 onboard. With less weight, the Z06 should outperform the Beemer. Simple power/weight ratios.

The Z06 has one of the best 0-60 and 0-100 e.ts. in the World as you already have proven.

I think if you join the fun next year, it will be a very interesting contest.

Good luck Ranger.

Jim
Old 06-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

I am not sure where the 20% drivetrain loss came from. That might have been an estimation on the part of others. I didn't provide that information to anyone. I just posted my dyno's and nothing else.

I'm disappointed I didn't get a chance to re-race the CGT (he had an early launch on me) or race the SLR at all (he left early). I made some assumptions that are now haunting me. I wish I had done more racing, but it was a long and hot day. We could have probably used another day in the mix.

I love the Z06 and wish on days that I am at the 'ring I could have one. My beast understeers which currently is my next project until I have the means to get a Z06 of my own.

I have to say I love the sound of American muscle. People commented a lot about my car and the noise, but that deep grunt of the Z06 and the supercharged Viper is awesome--at least it is to me

As for your friend who is grabbing the M6... Tell him to get in touch with me and I'll point him in the right direction.
Welcome to the forum!

Jim Hall

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Old 06-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Gustav
Intermediate

So Jim, I stated that in the video Congaman has around 487 RWHP? Is that a correct assumption? I assume also the wheels are lighter than stock.

Originally Posted by Jim Hall
Welcome to the forum!

Jim Hall
Old 06-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordering the DVD's I like that stuff is really cool to watch.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

somehow this race doesnt make sense, the M6 was stated as having 445 rwhp which means it had a 20% loss which doesnt sound right..

Also M6 is more like 500 lb heavier than the Z06 it shud have been chopped into pieces by the Z06, how come it stood there just like the SLR did??
Our package dynos at 477 to 484 depending on the dyno used. The stock Z06 dynos between 440 and 455 RWHP depending on the dyno. All Z06s are 505 to 507.5 HP at the flywheel when they leave the factory.

I think they gain 15 or so after some mileage. Tuning alone bumps the Z06 30 to 40 HP. The Killer Bee 12HP according to our dynos and Katech's dyno.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:44 PM
RussRamz
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Jim Hall
Our package dynos at 477 to 484 depending on the dyno used. The stock Z06 dynos between 440 and 455 RWHP depending on the dyno. All Z06s are 505 to 507.5 HP at the flywheel when they leave the factory.

I think they gain 15 or so after some mileage. Tuning alone bumps the Z06 30 to 40 HP. The Killer Bee 12HP according to our dynos and Katech's dyno.
Wow. He certainly has a beast of a car and it was great trying to pass him by. I am not sure, but it looks like 5th gear on the vette might be a weak spot for me to focus on for the next event. I am guessing the vette was designed and geared for acceleration to a moderate speed forfeiting some top end acceleration, but I may be wrong. Either way, the vette is a monster and a car I highly respect. I'll give it a shot next year with some mild mods, but unless it's a full time mod, I won't do it (NO nitrous for me).

Only if I can find a stock Z06 to play with
Old 06-19-2007, 01:56 PM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 391 Posts

Russ,
You are saying your car dynoed 445rwhp AFTER the mods?
That seems like alot of hp loss for a manual car.
Is the 570 hp an estimate of flywheel hp?

I can understand the Z06 pulling you if you were at that rwhp number, but I agree, I think you would have taken him on the top end.
Those M6's are real top-end monsters.

I'm curious, and maybe I missed it, but what did it dyno before the mods, if you had it done?

Your car certainly does move, very nice ride!
I'd be really proud to drive an M6!

Wish I could take the trip out there to see the next shootout, who knows!

Last edited by vrybad; 06-19-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:48 PM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Originally Posted by vrybad
Russ,
You are saying your car dynoed 445rwhp AFTER the mods?
That seems like alot of hp loss for a manual car.
Is the 570 hp an estimate of flywheel hp?

I can understand the Z06 pulling you if you were at that rwhp number, but I agree, I think you would have taken him on the top end.
Those M6's are real top-end monsters.

I'm curious, and maybe I missed it, but what did it dyno before the mods, if you had it done?

Your car certainly does move, very nice ride!
I'd be really proud to drive an M6!

Wish I could take the trip out there to see the next shootout, who knows!
Since I have read his post in M5, I think i can answer the whp Q..

I dont think his dyno sheet mentioned wheel hp, it had hand written 500 ps on it and after the mods 570 ps so you could imagine a 70 hp bump all around at the crank..

Gustav has made the video and 445 rwhp which i confirmed with Russ was not the figure provided by Russ, Russ gave him 570, 445 was probably based on a generic 20% loss applied to it..I cant imagine M6 having more than a 10% loss, i would guess it to be even smaller..

Either way i think gustav should update the video and put this there that the machine had 570 hp at crank as for the Z06 I would imagine it gained 30 whp so about 35 ish crank hp. As for the wheel weight, I would like Congman to chime in..

So to add the numbers and brief this..

Congman After update @ 540hp & 3150 lb
M6 after update @ 570 hp & 3550 lb (somehow M6s look very heavy)

so 30 hp +ve and 400 -ve should yield in similar accelerating result as we noticed..

Last edited by KILR-RYD; 06-19-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Congaman
Pro

I'm back from a very rainy Le Mans and find both the videos and RussRamz here.....welcome to the forum RussRamz..

As I said in my first post the tuned M6 is extremly fast.....and the SMG gearbox also gives it an advantage as I'm not the best driver....I did my best and it was a great day......RussRamz was a 100% gentleman and I'm happy I got to know him!!!

I'm still sure he would beat me in speeds over 300 km/h.....with no problem....the gearing in 5th on the Z06 is to looooong and gives the Z06 an disadvantage......

Gustav: Good videos as always!
Old 06-19-2007, 03:41 PM
dxbsuperstar
Instructor

no m6 can beat a zo6 if u shift fast to 5th then those bmw's cant catch up...

check this out..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zKFxecs3u...elated&search=
Old 06-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Yaroslav
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dxbsuperstar
no m6 can beat a zo6 if u shift fast to 5th then those bmw's cant catch up...

check this out..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zKFxecs3u...elated&search=
What are you talking about?????

Get notified of new replies

To Shootout on the Airstrip in Sweden- Z06 Vs the World - Resaults and thoughts

Old 06-19-2007, 04:12 PM
Yaroslav
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Yaroslav
What are you talking about?????
Your video is

This is NOS Z06 with 600hp!
Old 06-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Yaroslav
Your video is

This is NOS Z06 with 600hp!
Actually, this is my customer. He had only our F1 drop in filter and my tuning. This appeared on the forum the day after I sent him the tune, and then only for a few hours. It was removed by the moderators.

I posted it on my site for a month or so. The gentleman is from Dubai if I am not mistaken, and I have never tuned a Z06 to run NOS.

Jim
Old 06-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Yaroslav
Burning Brakes

You are the man Jim!

With such acceleration Z06 would destroy any car in Gustav`s video!
Once again i have intake,headers,exhaust,tune,cam,ported TB by LPE
And i`m not near by this car....Really its not funny at all

Even Enzo has weaker acceleration.Stop drugs

Quick Reply: [Z06] Shootout on the Airstrip in Sweden- Z06 Vs the World - Resaults and thoughts