Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Changing Brake Pads HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Zee0hh6ix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jswatek
I've been using the HP+ pads on the street and limited track. I like them even though they are a little noisy. I think they are a good compromise.
How noisy is "a little noisy"? I went around the block and wow they are loud.

Will they get less noisy when I bed them and/or more use?
Old 09-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by Zee0hh6ix
I will bed the brakes before I drive it again, but how hard should I brake when doing this procedure?
Stand on the pedal. Full ABS.

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 09-24-2007, 11:52 PM
KRAYZ308
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another brake question. While bleeding/flushing the brakes, what is the bleeding sequence? Some new cars with ABS do not like the traditional RR,LR,RF,LF sequence.
The procedure that I have used for years on all my cars is to open the bleeder as you compress the pistons to change the pads. Close the bleeder as the piston bottomed out. This way all that S**t fluid is not forced back up into the expensive ABS and master cylinder. Install new pads and or rotors. Next, remove all the fluid from the master cylinder with a baster or syringe. Add new clean fluid and bleed the system, (using the proper bleeding sequence), until the fluid is clear.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2007, 01:56 AM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KRAYZ308
Another brake question. While bleeding/flushing the brakes, what is the bleeding sequence? Some new cars with ABS do not like the traditional RR,LR,RF,LF sequence.
The procedure that I have used for years on all my cars is to open the bleeder as you compress the pistons to change the pads. Close the bleeder as the piston bottomed out. This way all that S**t fluid is not forced back up into the expensive ABS and master cylinder. Install new pads and or rotors. Next, remove all the fluid from the master cylinder with a baster or syringe. Add new clean fluid and bleed the system, (using the proper bleeding sequence), until the fluid is clear.

Thanks
Since 2001, the correct bleed sequence for all Corvettes has been RR, LF, LR, RF.

I understand your squeeze and bleed technique. It might get a little busy with all our little padlets instead of a single pad on each side.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:10 AM
Arts89Iroc
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to revive this old thread, but this is my first time changing brake pads on a Z and I wanted to get this done right. But the question I have is, what are the 16 bolts that are included in the brake pad kit used for?
Old 05-28-2018, 10:16 AM
_BlueZ06_
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Guessing your doing the fronts, but should be the torx bolts if you're installing the padlets vs a one piece brake pads. Most of us just unbolt the caliper bolts and replace them since those are likely to seize depending on who did them last.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:52 AM
Must_Have_Z
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Arts89Iroc
Sorry to revive this old thread, but this is my first time changing brake pads on a Z and I wanted to get this done right. But the question I have is, what are the 16 bolts that are included in the brake pad kit used for?
I just did my brakes. The kit came with new clips but I reused my stock ones. Maybe your kit came with caliper guide pins? I reused (didn’t touch) those too. Basically all you need to replace are the pads. Make sure to lube up the backside of them before installing!

Last edited by Must_Have_Z; 05-29-2018 at 12:52 AM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Changing Brake Pads HELP!