Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Its HERE! Just got back from NCM Delivery!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 02:29 AM
AtlBlkZ06
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Its HERE! Just got back from NCM Delivery!

Will somebody please help me get this STUPID grin off my face !

Ok, I guess a little background is in order. (Sorry, I already know this post is going to be long!)

I first test drove the C6 vette Z51 in one of those GM Auto-Show-In-Motion events. I came away impressed and I "put corvette on my list". I saw a Z06 parked there and I couldn't imagine what 100 extra ponies could do.

I was originally considering the E92 2009 M3, but I just couldn't pass up this level of performance. The M3 was officially out of the list and the Z took the #1 spot. Keep in mind that this was still a wish list, not a shopping list.

Well fast forward 1 year later, I was toying with the idea of getting a Z. Around December I was getting really excited when I saw all this information on this forum!
I put a deposit down on the 08 because I decided that I couldn't afford the car then. I also heard news that the 08 would have some upgrades. I was going to have to wait...

Around March of this year I was stunned by the falling prices. I visited many dealerships and got a bunch of quotes on the 07s. I didn't bite, but decided to put off the purchases and use the available funds elsewhere. Around July I found that the 08s will have a new tranny, better steering and other improvements. I was sold on the 08! Now I just had to wait for the price to come down...

About 2 months ago I met up with a forum member "TWS" who bought his Z for a damn good deal: 1k over invoice! I called the dealership and placed the order. Now I had to wait on an allocation...

I thought I was being jerked around, but Larry Roesch Chevy came through and called me about placing the order on October 1st.
Black Z06, Titianium bolsters, 2LZ, Museum Delivery no options.

I was incredibly excited now. By the 25th of October, I couldn't contain my excitement, so I called the National Corvette Museum about the car. Well they informed me that my puppy had been made on 10/22!

I fixed up an appointment for the next earliest available date (after the 2 week holding period) and that was today . Bowling Green is 300 miles ~North of Atlanta, so we decided to drive up for the 11:15 delivery and drive back the same day.

I walked into the building and right after we got our "badges", I had 2-3 people come up to me and congratulate me and said "Awesome looking car!". My 1994 Taurus died recently and I have never heard a compliment about my car in my life .

Our tour Guide Steve Ashby was just great. If I remember the details right, he has over 40 years of experience with GM and about 8 years with Corvettes. He actually worked at the assembly plant, and knew the workings very well.

The delivery was over in a few hours and they finally gave us the "hands on". I volunteered dad since you guys had taught me pretty much everything there was to know about the car . Besides, dad's face was lit up like a kid at a candy store

While I stood there viewing the lines of the car, I had so many passionate Corvette fans come up to me and talk about the car, it was just awesome. You could tell they all had so much love for what the car stood for. It was awesome.

Steve pulled the car out carefully and we got to drive it. Unfortunately I somehow left my contact lens box at home in all the excitement, so I couldnt drive till we got home...
We had an uneventful 300 mile trip home (the seats were pretty comfortable, I promptly fell asleep)

We got home and I ran for my contacts to go take this thing for a spin. The car was all warmed up and ready to go.

I took off slowly. I didnt gas it much the first time and stalled out First gear seemed quite long, I wasn't used to gassing much at launch.

I shifted into 2nd, and right as the car crossed the 2k RPM mark you could feel some serious power incoming. 3k and I'm going "ohh crap".

I shifted into 3rd, and right as the motor crossed ~3k I heard the tone change. As I approached 4k, I was pushed into my seat firmly and the juice was coming in stronger by the second. Wow, so this is acceleration! I must have hit some stupid high speeds in 5th, but I didnt really care

I didnt go past 4k since the car only had 320 miles on her, and I wanted to be nice at least for 500 miles or so.

Well, after some fun, the display came up "Low Fuel". I spent $50 at the pump for the first time and went home with my folks. What a day!

I'll update you guys with pictures of the Z next to my dad's 06 GTO sometime tomorrow after I get them cleaned up. Both are black

Well guys, this is literally a pipe dream come true and you guys are a big part of it! I want to thank all you guys for your help, especially our buddy Mike aka Short-Throw. I aspire to reach his level of passion for the sport one day!

I hope this post has made some sense, I'm running on hardly any sleep here! Good night! I would dream about vettes but that dream has been upgraded to reality

Ram

EDIT: Please see page 2 for pictures

Last edited by AtlBlkZ06; 11-09-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:45 AM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats Ram!

Don't lock it up, drive it, enjoy it and don't save it for anybody!

Mike
Old 11-09-2007, 06:23 AM
foremaw
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 114 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Congrats Ram!

Mike
Congratulations!!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:23 AM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Congrats Ram!

Mike
Old 11-09-2007, 06:30 AM
Toxic Z
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I picked up my Z one year ago at the Museum and I still have that grin on my face. The car is unbelievable... 17,000 miles later.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:10 AM
bluestreak63
Safety Car

Received 286 Likes on 172 Posts

Nice read...congratulations...

It's posts like these that have me wanting to sell my C5Z and upgrade.

Hmmm....let's see...if I can go around and collect $1 from 70,000 people, I can get one...
Old 11-09-2007, 07:16 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

CONGRATULATIONS and look forward to many miles of smiles to come!!! I have nearly 20k on my daily driver and the excitement of getting behind the wheel every day never leaves.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:13 PM
steveorz
Racer

Hip Hip Horah! Call me when you get a chance!

AWESOME!!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:16 PM
427Z
Le Mans Master

i dont believe you. i need to see pics to confirm
Old 11-09-2007, 08:20 PM
1-2-b-67L89
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by outnumbered
yea baby, here we go
Enjoy your awesome machine and congratulations!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Congrats, Ram! Nice post, my friend. I can actually feel your genuine excitement.

Now pardon the "fatherly" advice (you know what I'm talking about), but be careful until you are fully aware of, and respect the beast lurking within.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:24 PM
ayousef
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're now gonna start looking for more and more excuses to drive the Z =D

congrats on the car, im sure you're really happy with your new purchase, you deserve it brotha ^_^

its just a matter of time until that mod bug gets ya though hahhaa..
Old 11-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Dr_PimpRide
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08

Default Ncm

Congrats man. Drive that sucka!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:48 PM
augydog
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

FANTASTIC !!!

You'll enjoy it more each time you drive it

augydog
Old 11-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Gonzo
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

Congrats
Old 11-09-2007, 09:06 PM
RENNtech
Racer

Congrats Ram!!!. . . Nice detailed report, glad to hear you finally got it. Now, go put that new head unit in. . .

JJ
Old 11-09-2007, 09:41 PM
James E.
Pro

Congrats, enjoy your Z, it is an addiction

Get notified of new replies

To Its HERE! Just got back from NCM Delivery!

Old 11-09-2007, 09:47 PM
AtlBlkZ06
Drifting

Originally Posted by Foosh
Congrats, Ram! Nice post, my friend. I can actually feel your genuine excitement.

Now pardon the "fatherly" advice (you know what I'm talking about), but be careful until you are fully aware of, and respect the beast lurking within.
Yes sir, the beast sure can turn excitement into a cowering wimper in no time. I got a little too excited and before I know it, I'm smelling burning rubber. With the cold weather, the right foot takes a lot of restraint. I haven't even gone past 4.5krpm and still it raises all kinds of hell. I'm not used to performance cars and it takes a lot of attention to drive this thing especially since its so wide. Love it, love it!

I don't know how you guys drive this thing to the redline, the damn thing pulls like I've got a couple of roman candles attached

Thanks for your responses everyone. I'll attach a few pics in just a few minutes.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Z06C6R/Z06C5R
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It's Here

Congratulations, Ram! Enjoy the car!!
Old 11-09-2007, 10:19 PM
vetteship
Safety Car

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Now learn the car first, by checking your ego in the garage, once up to speed, play with it

Quick Reply: [Z06] Its HERE! Just got back from NCM Delivery!