Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Max Acceleration in a C6 and C6Z06: Use “Traction System Off”

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 03:52 PM
Hib Halverson
Pro Mechanic
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,143 Likes on 597 Posts

Originally Posted by sprayer
Interesting read this thread.

So the consensus is start car and push button to get the Traction System OFF warning and light in the instrument cluster for aggressive AH to be activated. This is the setting to be used when drag racing.

Would this be the best setting to be used for every day street use?

When I say best setting, I mean the safest setting you can have which will aid you in trying to not total the car?
For normal street use, the best "setting" is to leave stability enhancement and traction control alone.

Competitive driving mode (SES on TCS off) seems logical for drag racers who want some "help" if the car gets way out of shape.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:55 PM
Hib Halverson
Pro Mechanic
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,143 Likes on 597 Posts

Originally Posted by 441LSXTT
I just got my 08 ZO6 about four months ago. I just finished my H/C/I with full bolt ons. The car makes around 625rwhp 555rwtq. So what setting do I need it to be on when I am street racing or roll racing. Thank you for anyone help
I'd go with Competitive Driving mode, ie: SES on/TCS off.

Now a question...

625-hp at the wheels is 735-hp at the flywheel. How'd you get that much improvement with head work, a cam, an intake manifold change and "full bolt-ons"?
Old 12-31-2017, 04:50 PM
441LSXTT
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Hib Halverson

Now a question...

625-hp at the wheels is 735-hp at the flywheel. How'd you get that much improvement with head work, a cam, an intake manifold change and "full bolt-ons"?
Advanced induction heads (12.0 comp)
Mamo ported MSD intake
BTR 4 cam
ARH 2inch headers
3inch off-road xpipe
NW 102 TB
Halltech CAI
Flex fuel kit 625rwhp was on e that tested 65% ( Will take it back because I have good e85 that is 80%)
Made 605-610rwhp on 93 oct
Old 12-31-2017, 04:51 PM
441LSXTT
Pro

Originally Posted by Hib Halverson

Now a question...

To be honest I'm not really understanding I know how to turn competition mode on but what is SES? Plus I know how to turn traction control off but you were saying to have competition mode on and traction control off is that correct?
Old 12-31-2017, 06:15 PM
WKM
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

To be honest I'm not really understanding I know how to turn competition mode on but what is SES? Plus I know how to turn traction control off but you were saying to have competition mode on and traction control off is that correct?
I think Hib needs to read the entire thread. Sounds like he is saying different than what the others have said. I gather if you are talking about the C6 that if you are drag racing in a straight line push the button once to TC off.
The following users liked this post:
441LSXTT (12-31-2017)
Old 12-31-2017, 06:18 PM
441LSXTT
Pro

Originally Posted by WKM
I think Hib needs to read the entire thread. Sounds like he is saying different than what the others have said. I gather if you are talking about the C6 that if you are drag racing in a straight line push the button once to TC off.
Thank you. Yes the c6
Old 01-01-2018, 10:16 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by sprayer
Interesting read this thread.

So the consensus is start car and push button to get the Traction System OFF warning and light in the instrument cluster for aggressive AH to be activated. This is the setting to be used when drag racing.

Would this be the best setting to be used for every day street use?

When I say best setting, I mean the safest setting you can have which will aid you in trying to not total the car?
Both TC and AH are on/activated each time you start the car.

One push of the TC button (aka TC off) deactivates the traction control and allows the rear wheels to spin. (required to do burnouts and helpful for drag racing to allow spin to be driver controlled)

Two pushes of the TC button within 5 seconds (aka Competitive Mode) deactivates TC and reduces the impact of full AH.

A single push of the TC button that is held for more than 5 seconds (aka No Nannies) deactivates both TC and AH.

Any subsequent push of the TC button or new ignition cycle will revert to all systems on.

For everyday normal driving, leave the TC button alone, unless you get in a situation that one of the modes is preferred.

I just got my 08 ZO6 about four months ago. I just finished my H/C/I with full bolt ons. The car makes around 625rwhp 555rwtq. So what setting do I need it to be on when I am street racing or roll racing. Thank you for anyone help
The best (aka safest) button to push for street racing is the bottom part of the start button. You'll never have a problem that way. If you want to race, organized events will check the safety equipment needed to help you and others survive loss of control or breakage and have EMT and other personnel onsite to assist with problems.
Yes, I did that when I was young and foolish and really big HP was 350 at the crank. Today, street racing is stupid at any age. It was dumb 50 years ago and insane now.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:49 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

SES (Stability Enhancement System) is the technical term for AH. It's not found in your Owner's Manual. It's like the IPC (Instrument Panel Compartment) that's found in the Owner's Manual and normal conversation as a Glove Box.

For drag racing, just turn off TC only. You can't beat the AH electronics to fix bad direction. Competitive Mode is fine for road course or auto-X where some lack of traction and direction is better to be corrected by driver control.

Last edited by HOXXOH; 01-01-2018 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:18 AM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Received 444 Likes on 326 Posts

IPC in our universe stands for Instrument Panel Cluster (the gauges)

Last edited by Dan_the_C5_Man; 01-02-2018 at 01:18 AM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Max Acceleration in a C6 and C6Z06: Use “Traction System Off”