Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] vette eater?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 09:29 PM
MaxLean
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Default vette eater?

whats up with the new v-10 viper?
my dads '08 zo6 just got waxed by one at thunderhill last weekend. the gt mustang also held its own. why should i spend $70k and still finish third?
Old 12-13-2007, 09:35 PM
POACHR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

driving school might be your dad's best investment...and the viper has always had a V10.

and a mustang GT? sorry but but both of these would have definitely needed to be modified to "wax" a Z06
Old 12-13-2007, 10:22 PM
boxerperson
Instructor

Yeah, what he said. Mustang GT's are great fun, and plenty quick for public roads, while being affordable for almost anybody....but a Z06 could beat one through the quarter even if you missed a shift and only used the first two gears...

As for the viper....from what I hear it's a bit easier to hook than the Vette, as well as enjoying more power now, so I'm not surprized that he lost if the Viper driver knew what they were doing.

Did you possibly mean the FORD GT? not a mustang GT? If that's the case then yeah. It'll beat a Z06. Mid engine makes it much easier to launch and it's underrated to begin with in terms of power. And it's just a pulley swap away from 700 horsepower, which is a very common mod on that uncommon car. The Ford GT is awesome.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:22 AM
InterHat
8th Gear

Thunderhill is a road course. With the same driver, I'm fairly sure the Z06 is faster than the new Viper on most road courses.

The Ford GT is a different story. If a stock Mustang GT was keeping up with you guys in a Z06, you might want to look at racing school.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:43 AM
boxerperson
Instructor

Oh we're talking road course?

Well, between the viper and the Z06....it's gonna be a drivers race unless both people are trained professionals...where the Vette is likely to be very slightly faster.

If your dad got beat on a road course by a mustang GT while driving a Z06 he should just give his corvette to me.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:34 AM
MaxLean
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry guys, please ignore this thread. I left my browser open at work and my boss thought he'd have some fun. He needs to get out more...
Scott

Get notified of new replies

To vette eater?

Quick Reply: [ZR1] vette eater?