Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] McLeod's new duel disk LS7 clutch

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 04:26 PM
RoHo
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default McLeod's new duel disk LS7 clutch

Hey guy's

I was at the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona on Sat and stopped at the McLeod Clutch booth and talked with there rep for a while, he said that they have a new special duel disk clutch for the LS7 that has clamping power like you wouldn't believe and it's good for well over 800 HP, he said that clutch push-in pressure is so easy that a small woman could drive the car.

Do any of you guy's know about it or have any experience with this clutch?
Old 01-27-2008, 05:38 PM
OneSickZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally! First MGW comes with the new short shifter, now the McLeod is coming out with a dual disk. Looks like the ford boys are seeing the real potential of the C6 Z06! My mod list is just getting bigger and bigger!
Old 01-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Vindication
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How funny this came up. I was about to call McLeod tomorrow and order a clutch from them and now I read this. How lucky...

I wonder if they have something for 850-900 rwhp.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:13 PM
aTX427

Old 01-28-2008, 06:36 AM
Godfather
Advanced

Worst clutch and customer service I ever had. Complete waste of money!!!

Jack
Old 01-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have one for my camaro. It is a dual disk with aluminum flywheel.

It will hold up to 1000 hp. It comes with it's own adjustable master cylinder. Pedal pressure is the same as stock. This clutch is very grabby, and does not like to be slipped. That said, it is not hard to drive on the street once you are used to it. (Whenever I let someone new drive my car, they almost always stall it the first time)

Customer service is hard to get. I think they are just very busy, their main man, from what I hear really knows his stuff if you can get through to him.

I did have a strange problem, I parked my car outside for a few months ( without driving) and I could not disengage the clutch. I later dissasembled it, and found disk #1 had stuck to the flywheel! (rustlike bonding). Cleaned it up and it worked fine. Parked the car again for a few months and it happened again. This time I Just started the car in gear and moved it a bit and that broke it loose.

Overall, I would recommend them, since the 2 disk clutch is the way to go if you want high power, and streetability.

Tim
Old 01-28-2008, 10:54 AM
RoHo
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We talked about the grabby clutch thing on most high HP clutches and he said that they have and was showing me a duel disk clutch with a different type of new material that is supposed to stop that " either in or out " clutch syndrome.

I guess we will have to wait and see, I realize that he was a rep but he sure seemed sincere and enthusiastic on how well this new clutch worked with the LS7 engines.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Vindication
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RoHo
We talked about the grabby clutch thing on most high HP clutches and he said that they have and was showing me a duel disk clutch with a different type of new material that is supposed to stop that " either in or out " clutch syndrome.

I guess we will have to wait and see, I realize that he was a rep but he sure seemed sincere and enthusiastic on how well this new clutch worked with the LS7 engines.
When you make BIG hp like 850-1000 range you can't get picky on how the clutch should feel. At this point I'm just looking to get the clutch to work.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:08 AM
aTX427

sure seems like it
Old 01-30-2008, 12:17 AM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Vindication
When you make BIG hp like 850-1000 range you can't get picky on how the clutch should feel. At this point I'm just looking to get the clutch to work.
Well stated! We are hemming and hawing over a clutch for our forged LS7 that will be sucking down 15+ psig and know we are going to have to give up that smoothness for grip. No way out of it!

Howard
Old 01-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Vindication
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
Well stated! We are hemming and hawing over a clutch for our forged LS7 that will be sucking down 15+ psig and know we are going to have to give up that smoothness for grip. No way out of it!

Howard
I have purchased the clutch already directly from Mcleod and I got a nice deal on the clutch. If anyone needs more info PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:58 AM
Godfather
Advanced

Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports

Howard
So far so good for me on an RPS carbon carbon dual disk. No chatter with stock like feel of the pedal. I had tried 5 other brands before giving the owner ROB a call. So far so good!!!

Jack
Old 01-30-2008, 08:02 PM
aTX427

Jack, What kind of power are you making, what other clutches did you try and what kind of failures did you experience?

Get notified of new replies

To McLeod's new duel disk LS7 clutch

Quick Reply: [Z06] McLeod's new duel disk LS7 clutch