Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 1lz vs 2lz

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 04:33 PM
bryanw2006
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1lz vs 2lz

Hey guys I tried to search for the main differences between 1lz and 2lz but couldnt find to much. It seems that there are many more 2lz's than 1lz's I live in texas so the heated seats arnt much of a big deal. I plan to get a caravagio steering wheel sometime in the future so i dont really care about the steering wheels buttons. the blose stereo doesnt excite me very much so i plan to add aftermarket boston acoustics or something similar. The acoustic package for sound deading i think its something similar to dymnat for road noise this sounds cool and would be nice but for 3 grand? difference i could add a few bulk packs to the whole car the telescoping wheel is my biggest concern how good is it is the stock 1lz pretty much in the middle of where the 2lz goes back and forth? im 5'10 160 so pretty much avg dude would the stock 1lz steering wheel be ok fit or do you guys really like the telescoping factor that you can move it back and forth to get a perfect position? resale a year or 2 down the road do 2lz seem to bring a higher premium then a 1lz simply that a 2lz could be a cruiser and mainly the sole purpose of 1lz might be for a track car or maybe just me that lives in texas or another warm climate that doesnt need all the extra goodies? any guys with 1lz or 2lz plz chime in and let me know yalls thoughs of the steering wheel and what made you choose your decision thanx
Old 01-30-2008, 06:12 PM
HamsHall
Instructor

Old 01-30-2008, 06:24 PM
GMuffley
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

For me the primary attraction was the side airbags.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:31 PM
vjones
Burning Brakes

I've had both.

I had an 07 Z06 with 1LZ, and I just purchased an 08 with the 2LZ and it also has Nav etc.

The 2LZ gives you;
AM/FM Stereo, 6 Disc CD Changer, Mp3 format (Unless you have Nav, then it's singe CD)
PWR Telescoping Steering Wheel
Heated Seats
Memory Package
Universal Home Remote
Side Impact Airbags, Driver and Passenger
Luggage Shade & Parcel Net
Steering Wheel Radio Controls
Enhanced Acoustic Package

I was fine with the 1LZ package as I didn't really care about the extra stuff as well. But now that I have the 2LZ package, it is nice having the extras. Plus as some have said it may make a difference for resale. It seems nice to have the heated seats on a cold day, I don't care where you live, cold leather is cold leather.

I also like the side air bags. Which should come standard I think.

Either way, you are buying a Z06 for the supercar factor.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:35 PM
back 40
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '09

2-LZ has side impact airbags, all the other options you listed are nice bells & whistles. I love the noise diff between mine and a 1-LZ, heated seats are nice in the winter( i'm south of you, it still gets damn cold in texas, although i think 50 is cold) also nice if your back hurts. telescoping wheel is cool, gives you a little more room to get in and out. auto dim mirrors, memory package,steering wheel radio controls, XM radio, 6disc CD, universal home remote on visor, luggage shade & parcel net all are goodies you dont really need, but the first few i think are well worth it.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:40 PM
walterm32
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a 2005 z51 6spd with heated seats,telescopic wheel,memory pkg, 8 way seat, Bose, home link, ect... I just bought a 2008 1lz z06 3 weeks ago. The only thing I miss is the telescopic wheel. I never used the memory pkg or the heated seats in my 05, Homelink is nice for a garage door opener and the side airbags don't come in a 1lz only a 2lz(Luckily I didn't need them in my 05). It wasn't worth an extra $6k to me and I definitly feel like I made the right choice for me. If your like me and aren't using it as daily driver or on long trips whats the point. I bought mine because it looks so much meaner and performs much more violently than a regular C6. It might not be worth quite as much as a 2lz for resale in 1 or 2 years but I'll put lots of money down that the difference between 1lz and 2lz in that 2 years is much less than $6k. You'd lose more on the 2lz for resale.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:06 PM
VetteHunter
Racer

I got the 2LZ, but I don't plan to modify my car. Sounds like you do, and so if I were you I'd save the $ and get the 1LZ. You are right that there aren't that many 1LZ's out there, but all the forum delaers will special order your car exactly the way you want it if you can make yourself wait a few weeks. Then you can get it delivered to a local dealer from the factory or do museum delivery for a little extra (I got mine locally delivered). Forum dealers will almost always be cheaper than a local dealer, and they compete with each other, so they are all lower. And even if you go to Corvette Locator and find a 1LZ just like you want it, you will pay more and then have to get it home from some distant state. Special ordering eliminates all this!

You can get a monster car for not that much more than a Corvette convertible!

Get notified of new replies

To 1lz vs 2lz

Quick Reply: [Z06] 1lz vs 2lz