Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] REVIEW: One Button NPP / Z06 On/Off Wireless Exhaust Switch by Sunset Orange Creation

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 04:08 PM
EAST COAST Z51
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Car2u Remote Exhaust Controler

The installation took less than 10 minutes to install & 10 seconds to program on my 08 Car2U remote. The great instructions with photos made it easy to install & programing was a simple press of 2 buttons.

I opted for the starting/valves-closed mode but I like your quick connector if I want to change to open mode. The labeled tabs on the wiring are nice to have.

The unit works perfectly either with the Car 2u visor remote only (1 button needed) or fob. I tested the fob up to about 75 feet & it still worked great.

Ben thanks for making a great product for all of us with Car2U visors.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:48 PM
SSTEVEGS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Got mine today after a roadtrip in the Vette to Atlanta early this morning and back. Installation was a breeze and the visor adaption was even easier! I couldn't stop smiling every time I switched from mild to wild! I'm glad I waited for the single button visor edition...I needed the available 3 buttons for 3 different operations. Incredible product!
Old 05-07-2008, 02:03 PM
bosco 08
Drifting

Originally Posted by Exterminator
Looking forward to hear how you like it once installed.
sorry it took so long for me to get around installing my "one button" but here is the review. it takes longer to read the instructions than it does to install the unit everything fit as described and went according to the instructions just follow them and you're good to go. i installed it using the default setup (valves start closed) and in works exactly like stock on start up this mod is the most fun you can have with your car for the money loud when you want it quiet when needed. i thought my 03 Z06 was loud and w/o having them side by side i have to say when open this is louder, way cool at idle. the General knows what i need and Sunset Orange made it better the dual-mode exhaust system is the one to have. btw i bought the blue fobs which is a nice touch for my JSB car. thanks bosco
Old 05-07-2008, 04:30 PM
bosco 08
Drifting

Originally Posted by bosco 08
sorry it took so long for me to get around installing my "one button" but here is the review. it takes longer to read the instructions than it does to install the unit everything fit as described and went according to the instructions just follow them and you're good to go. i installed it using the default setup (valves start closed) and in works exactly like stock on start up this mod is the most fun you can have with your car for the money loud when you want it quiet when needed. i thought my 03 Z06 was loud and w/o having them side by side i have to say when open this is louder, way cool at idle. the General knows what i need and Sunset Orange made it better the dual-mode exhaust system is the one to have. btw i bought the blue fobs which is a nice touch for my JSB car. thanks bosco
disclaimer: oops, my car is a base coupe with the dual-mode exhaust your results may vary.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:42 PM
SPEEDRAZER
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello;

The product is great, but I have not programmed the home link until trying today and I could not get it to work via the generals instructions. I've had my 2008 Z06 since last year and the garage opener was easy to program, on the visor. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here.

Any help please....

Russ
Old 05-25-2008, 08:50 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by SPEEDRAZER
Hello;

The product is great, but I have not programmed the home link until trying today and I could not get it to work via the generals instructions. I've had my 2008 Z06 since last year and the garage opener was easy to program, on the visor. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here.

Any help please....

Russ
Hi Russ,

The problem you have is that you do not have a " Homelink " brand visor, you have the " Lear car2u visor " . GM changed mid 2006 and caused all sorts of problems for the wireless switches .

The $70 Exhaust Commander is not compatible with the Lear Car2u visors on the late 2006-2008 C6 and z06's.

The Lear car2u visor does not have the capability to learn the rf code that the $70 Exhaust Commander needs to hear in order to work.

You will only be able to use the remotes to operate the Exhaust Commander with your 2008 Z06.

If you need any other info feel free to contact me via email or pm.

Ben

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 09-29-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTEVEGS
Got mine today after a roadtrip in the Vette to Atlanta early this morning and back. Installation was a breeze and the visor adaption was even easier! I couldn't stop smiling every time I switched from mild to wild! I'm glad I waited for the single button visor edition...I needed the available 3 buttons for 3 different operations. Incredible product!

Patience pays!
Old 06-02-2016, 10:54 PM
Commishnyse
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 c6

can this be done w/ a 2005 ? someone said I can bring it to a sound system store an they can install a toggle in the glove box that just cuts power to the fuse..What would be the benefit of having the one with remote when they're kinda both doin the same thing

Last edited by Commishnyse; 06-02-2016 at 10:56 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] REVIEW: One Button NPP / Z06 On/Off Wireless Exhaust Switch by Sunset Orange Creation