Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Universal home remote Question/Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 02:50 AM
Erix
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you end up calling the Car2U folks when you have a compatibility problem, if you are firm and demand the unit they will send you one free of charge without much fuss. They will ask for shipping fee, but again, be firm and they will get a 'supervisor' to waive the fee.

Its only a matter of principle.

My hope is there is a chargeback to GM for the cost of the adapters and shipping.

It begs the question what other items in the car that we may not know about did they save a few bucks on. Rocker roller pin retainers maybe
Old 03-08-2008, 11:41 AM
BBYKCHR
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Erix
If you end up calling the Car2U folks when you have a compatibility problem, if you are firm and demand the unit they will send you one free of charge without much fuss. They will ask for shipping fee, but again, be firm and they will get a 'supervisor' to waive the fee.

Its only a matter of principle.

My hope is there is a chargeback to GM for the cost of the adapters and shipping.

It begs the question what other items in the car that we may not know about did they save a few bucks on. Rocker roller pin retainers maybe
I did the same thing, however, the unit limits you to opening only one door if you have more than one garage door. You cannot choose which button is programmed for the door. It only responds to the far right button once the unit is installed.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:07 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 921 Likes on 614 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve COSD
I have an 07 that was delivered last March. I believe I have the new system car2u. I had a problem also as the code that I took off the switch settings from the garage door opener would not work. What I found was that the switches on the opener itself were not the same as the switches in the hand opener. As soon as I matched up the switches on the opener in the garage to the push button opener the visor unit then would work. I hope this make sense because there seems to be a lot of confusion on this matter.
Hmm, I was having issues. I'll have to dig the ladder out and check that.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:03 AM
toxin440
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in an apartment complex - and in my previous car with homelink it was no problem programming the buttons off the little keychain remote itself.

Since I do not have access to the "learn" button for the complex gate is there anything I can do? I really want to get my garage door and complex gate working wtih my 08 Z06 because I hate having more then one fatass FOB in my pocket.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:06 AM
Andi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by toxin440
I live in an apartment complex - and in my previous car with homelink it was no problem programming the buttons off the little keychain remote itself.

Since I do not have access to the "learn" button for the complex gate is there anything I can do? I really want to get my garage door and complex gate working wtih my 08 Z06 because I hate having more then one fatass FOB in my pocket.
I had the same problem. Rather than buy an 06 visor I moved to a house.

Andi
Old 04-25-2008, 01:16 AM
toxin440
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Andi
I had the same problem. Rather than buy an 06 visor I moved to a house.

Andi
hah -- well thats in the cards but only after I pay off the Z and save up a bit. I anticipate a house in about 10 to 12 months :-p Till then I would love to find a solution that does not involve ripping out my nice 2008 Rear view mirror :-p

What i have already decided for my mild to wild - is get some strip of velcro and attach it on the sun visor side on the smooth flat part where the airbag warning label is. I suppose I can just do the same thing for my little gate/garage remote too since they are about the same size (1/2 dollar coin) size.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:18 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Guess I better remember to bring my old clunky remote with me when I pick up my Z or I might not be able to get into the garage .....

DH
Old 04-25-2008, 01:47 AM
Torched
Melting Slicks

I will say this the car2u system is nothing as friendly as good ole homelink.Never had any problems with homelink. I wish GM never went to Lear.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:08 AM
Mark Wade
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi guys i have been trying to get my 08 Z , to learn my garage door opener thing just wont happen but im thinking because im in new zealand and we have different power wil that make it not happen or i see you talking about some link thing maybe thats my problem no big deal just thought be neat to have all the fruit working seeing they put it in the car ,thanks Wadey
Old 03-24-2014, 07:34 AM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by Torched
I will say this the car2u system is nothing as friendly as good ole homelink.Never had any problems with homelink. I wish GM never went to Lear.
car2u= major heache
Old 03-24-2014, 08:13 AM
clogan
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Andi
how much is an 05-06 homelink visor?
I bought just the home link assy out of a visor, not the visor itself, and installed it into the existing OEM visor of my F-150. Cost me $35 or so, IIRC. Lots of these on eBay...many colors were available, or would be easy to paint.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:17 AM
clogan
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Erix
If you end up...snip...

Or maybe valve guides?
Old 03-24-2014, 08:44 AM
USAF
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

I never got Home Link to work on either of my cars.
Both Home Link and the opener mfg said they are compatible.
Even had a garage door installer try to get it working.

When I had my BMW it was programmed to the opener in about 30 seconds.

USAF

Quick Reply: [Z06] Universal home remote Question/Problems