Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Twin Turbo or Procharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 01:33 PM
blackonchrome
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .

Well I'm getting kicked out. Sorry!

Last edited by blackonchrome; 03-05-2008 at 02:00 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:38 PM
KILLER06GT
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you plan on doing an entire custom twin turbo kit? do you streetrace the car? Dig/roll? Stick or auto?

Even before you answer any of these questions, if you street race the car i say just go bigger with the procharger. your supercharger is instant, turbos have lag letting the other car(if your racing) jump out and as you know you need alot more power to pull down a car with similar power.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:40 PM
AtlBlkZ06
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You get conflicting opinions but they are just opinions. Unless backed by experience, they are useless.

You probably need to talk to the pros with this one.

My opinion anyway.
Good luck!
Old 03-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Vindication
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by AtlBlkZ06
You get conflicting opinions but they are just opinions. Unless backed by experience, they are useless.

You probably need to talk to the pros with this one.

My opinion anyway.
Good luck!
Killer have you ever even driven a TT Vette or been in a ride in one? I drove one (not mine, yet) and I sit in one and I wouldnt exactly use the word lag. These are not 3.0 motors.

In reference to your question blackonchrome I think AtlblkZ06 hit it right on the head. You might need to get some advice from the pros or maybe get a suggestion from the shop that put your car together.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:03 PM
blackonchrome
Advanced

Originally Posted by KILLER06GT
Do you plan on doing an entire custom twin turbo kit? do you streetrace the car? Dig/roll? Stick or auto?

Even before you answer any of these questions, if you street race the car i say just go bigger with the procharger. your supercharger is instant, turbos have lag letting the other car(if your racing) jump out and as you know you need alot more power to pull down a car with similar power.
Both Dig and Rolls. its a stick. I heard STS Twin Turbo is a pritty good setup.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:04 PM
OneSickZ06
Melting Slicks

Twin Turbo! The Only Choice!
Old 03-01-2008, 02:08 PM
bryanw2006
Racer

sts I have heard good things about their turbos, although I think APS systems are the best they produce more HP and kinda more known. either way they are both good systems I think the APS may cost you a little more. BLACK on chrome Sick *** car dude I wanna do some of the same stuff to my car when I finally get it.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:09 PM
blackonchrome
Advanced

Originally Posted by OneSickZ06
Twin Turbo! The Only Choice!
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by blackonchrome; 03-05-2008 at 01:42 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:12 PM
blackonchrome
Advanced

Originally Posted by bryanw2006
sts I have heard good things about their turbos, although I think APS systems are the best they produce more HP and kinda more known. either way they are both good systems I think the APS may cost you a little more. BLACK on chrome Sick *** car dude I wanna do some of the same stuff to my car when I finally get it.
Dont worry Bryan, anything is possible. Just be patient and save little by little. It doesnt take to much. A completely forged motor cost you about 6K-7K. Wouldnt even take you a whole year really. And you would already have a really strong block. Let me know when you do get there though. We should get together and go for a spin
Old 03-01-2008, 03:37 PM
KILLER06GT
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vindication
Killer have you ever even driven a TT Vette or been in a ride in one? I drove one (not mine, yet) and I sit in one and I wouldnt exactly use the word lag. These are not 3.0 motors.

In reference to your question blackonchrome I think AtlblkZ06 hit it right on the head. You might need to get some advice from the pros or maybe get a suggestion from the shop that put your car together.
Sir ive never driven a twin turbo vette. But I've driven a TT viper that made over 1100rwp.

back on topic, 1000 rwhp procharged stick vs 1000 rwhp TT stick. My money is on the procharged car everytime. vindication I'm not talking about RPM dependent lag, I'm talking about the time it takes for the turbos to spool when floored in the correct rpm band. Even if its a split second on the hit and a split second after every shift. They add up and the procharged car will be faster.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:59 PM
ayousef
Drifting

Originally Posted by blackonchrome
I currently have a pro charger set up in my Z06, I have been leaning into installing a big twin turbo setup. I really don't know whether I should stick to my pro charger or add a Twin Turbo to the vehicle even though it's going to be alot more intrusive to my engine. Which setup do you guys think is more reliable. I'm currently at 891rwhp/920tq but would like to go over 1000rwhp. Would the twins help me get there. Or would I have to install a bigger pro charger for better results. I don't know which would be more reliable. Everyone tells me different things.
wow lovely, I was going there until....

anyways, can you give us a little more info on your set-up, I know its there in your profile but not enough information, like boost/ compression/ fuel, meth or no meth? etc...
Old 03-01-2008, 04:04 PM
ayousef
Drifting

Sir ive never driven a twin turbo vette. But I've driven a TT viper that made over 1100rwp.

back on topic, 1000 rwhp procharged stick vs 1000 rwhp TT stick. My money is on the procharged car everytime. vindication I'm not talking about RPM dependent lag, I'm talking about the time it takes for the turbos to spool when floored in the correct rpm band. Even if its a split second on the hit and a split second after every shift. They add up and the procharged car will be faster.

I dont think so, if you're running 15PSI of TT boost, vs 15PSI of supercharged boost, this is how the scenario is most likely to look like.

TT car builds max boost at 4000RPM and keeps on building that boost until 7000RPM.

Procharged Vehicle sees boost from 3000 RPM, but builds max boost ONLY at redline. You can use a restrictor plate/smaller pulley to make the SC spin quicker and generate more boost at the beginning, but i think youll be pushing to the blowers max impeller speed

the latter would definitely be easier on the engine, so its not like going with the procharger will be full of disadvantages, you would also love the linear boost pattern, lower heat generated by the SC vs the TT, and of course easier set-up/ more affordable etc...

Ill say this again and again, I still love the turbos, because you won't have to deal with full boost in each gear, you can set-up an advanced boost controller to increase boost by RPM and by Gear as well.

Its up to you, I bet thats one crazy ride you've got there.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:13 PM
KILLER06GT
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ayousef
I dont think so, if you're running 15PSI of TT boost, vs 15PSI of supercharged boost, this is how the scenario is most likely to look like.
I wasn't using boost as a reference i was using max HP. I know you've raced a lot in your couple years on the street, but I've seen so many similar high horsepower(700+rw) cars TT vs supercharged and the supercharged car always wins. Also I highly doubt with a big procharger he will be pushing the blowers limit at 1000 rwhp with 427 CI.

Yes a twin turbo setup will probably make 1000 rwhp with less boost, yes the procharger setup will probably be cheaper. Yes the procharged setup will out run the TT everytime.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:29 PM
blackonchrome
Advanced

No Meth, 93 Octane, F1-C, 15 PSI
Old 03-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Performance Junkie
Advanced

You may want to consider heat soak if your road racing with a super charger. Really depends on the application. If money is no object Twin Turbo is the way to go. Get the right diameter turbo and lag is not an issue.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Vindication
Melting Slicks

I wasn't using boost as a reference i was using max HP. I know you've raced a lot in your couple years on the street, but I've seen so many similar high horsepower(700+rw) cars TT vs supercharged and the supercharged car always wins. Also I highly doubt with a big procharger he will be pushing the blowers limit at 1000 rwhp with 427 CI.

Yes a twin turbo setup will probably make 1000 rwhp with less boost, yes the procharger setup will probably be cheaper. Yes the procharged setup will out run the TT everytime.
The TT car will always make more torque than the SC car. Go find a 1000 HP SC dyno sheet and tell me if the torque matches a 1000 HP TT dyno sheet. This is where the races are won or lost. If you can't hook up you will lose everytime.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:48 PM
KILLER06GT
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vindication
The TT car will always make more torque than the SC car. Go find a 1000 HP SC dyno sheet and tell me if the torque matches a 1000 HP TT dyno sheet. This is where the races are won or lost. If you can't hook up you will lose everytime.
Your funny, dyno numbers mean faster car!!!

Your not listening to me, I've watched twin turbo c6's with 80 more whp lose to procharged cars because of lag!!!! I've seen so many supercharged cars with simliar power beat turbo/twin turbo cars because of lag. If your car makes as much power as mine and you give me the leave and don't get on the gas for a split second after every shift, your not going to win PERIOD

Get notified of new replies

To Twin Turbo or Procharger

Old 03-01-2008, 07:54 PM
blackonchrome
Advanced

Your funny, dyno numbers mean faster car!!!

Your not listening to me, I've watched twin turbo c6's with 80 more whp lose to procharged cars because of lag!!!! I've seen so many supercharged cars with simliar power beat turbo/twin turbo cars because of lag. If your car makes as much power as mine and you give me the leave and don't get on the gas for a split second after every shift, your not going to win PERIOD

Old 03-01-2008, 07:56 PM
blackonchrome
Advanced

Originally Posted by Performance Junkie
You may want to consider heat soak if your road racing with a super charger. Really depends on the application. If money is no object Twin Turbo is the way to go. Get the right diameter turbo and lag is not an issue.

This may also be a way to go. , but money is an issue
Old 03-01-2008, 08:05 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Surely a tuner can maximize your present mods to increase hp by 120. Installing a TT in an attempt for this gain is kind of senseless to me.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Twin Turbo or Procharger